Triple amputee vet tested for explosives, invasively searched by TSA after landing for rally

This_person

You think Republicans are the "policy makers" "who think there’s no issue at our border.”?
I think that there are legislators of both major parties who have done nothing for border security, so, yeah they are included in the list of those policymakers.

TCROW

Providing ID is not getting searched. It's completely reasonable to provide ID.

No sir. That would be a seizure. I understand you to be signalling that you’re OK with a seizure of that nature, and that’s fine. But it’s a seizure nonetheless.

Midnightrider

No sir. That would be a seizure. I understand you to be signalling that you’re OK with a seizure of that nature, and that’s fine. But it’s a seizure nonetheless.
I am signaling that I am not ok with seizures, bans, or restrictions. Mr ‘shall not be infringed’ can’t say the same. He loves him that orange master

This_person

What's being seized?🤷

P.S.: Vrai and David, I really liked the old "confused" and "shrugged" better than these.

This_person

Interrupting freedom of movement to ask for papers is a seizure.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. There's absolutely no reason to not identify oneself, in my view.

For example, do you believe anyone should be allowed to vote without proving that they have the right to vote? If you don't have to show ID, how do you prove you have that right?

TCROW

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one. There's absolutely no reason to not identify oneself, in my view.

For example, do you believe anyone should be allowed to vote without proving that they have the right to vote? If you don't have to show ID, how do you prove you have that right?

This doesn't have to do with voting.

You said previously:

No American citizen should be searched without a warrant. None. Not one. Ever.

Now, you're saying a search and seizure is OK. Just make up your mind.

This_person

This doesn't have to do with voting.

You said previously:

Now, you're saying a search and seizure is OK. Just make up your mind.
It does have to do with voting. Either showing ID is a seizure (apparently seizing movement? or is it seizing your identity? I haven't figured out yet what you're saying it seizes) or it is not.

I'm saying identifying oneself is not a seizure, nor is it even a search. It's reasonable to identify oneself.

You're saying it is a seizure, we simply disagree on that.

TCROW

It does have to do with voting. Either showing ID is a seizure (apparently seizing movement? or is it seizing your identity? I haven't figured out yet what you're saying it seizes) or it is not.

I'm saying identifying oneself is not a seizure, nor is it even a search. It's reasonable to identify oneself.

You're saying it is a seizure, we simply disagree on that.

We do disagree, and you're completely wrong on this. It is a seizure, just one with which you are OK.

Is this a voluntary conversation with authorities? In other words, is showing your ID optional (like it is with inland border checks) and are you otherwise free to decline and move on with your life? If not, then it is a seizure. If you're being preventing from moving on with life if a government agent asks you for ID, that is the very definition of a seizure. Quit playing stupid by asking what's being seized.

This_person

We do disagree, and you're completely wrong on this. It is a seizure, just one with which you are OK.

Is this a voluntary conversation with authorities? In other words, is showing your ID optional (like it is with inland border checks) and are you otherwise free to decline and move on with your life? If not, then it is a seizure. If you're being preventing from moving on with life if a government agent asks you for ID, that is the very definition of a seizure. Quit playing stupid by asking what's being seized.
Maybe I am just stupid, because I really have no idea what is being seized.

No, it's not voluntary in terms of getting on a plane. It's bypassing the search process by showing you are a citizen and therefore not eligible to be searched (at least in my view that's how it should be) just like it would not be optional for voting - you have to show you are eligible to vote.

Nothing is being seized.

I don't believe I'm wrong. You believe I'm wrong, but that does not make me wrong.

TCROW

Maybe I am just stupid, because I really have no idea what is being seized.

No, it's not voluntary in terms of getting on a plane. It's bypassing the search process by showing you are a citizen and therefore not eligible to be searched (at least in my view that's how it should be) just like it would not be optional for voting - you have to show you are eligible to vote.

Nothing is being seized.

I don't believe I'm wrong. You believe I'm wrong, but that does not make me wrong.

There it is. If it’s not volunay it’s a seizure.