Trooby Dooby Doo

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I just thought i'd share some pix I snagged sunday, of our Rocky stud colt Champagne Troubadour. Trooby Dooby Doo for short. He arrived last month. He's homozygous black, single silver, single champagne, and just TO DIE FOR.
For anyone interested in color, a classic is extremely hard to find in any breed (some say it's the most rare color in horses) and a homozygous black one even more rare so we are blessed to have been able to purchase him as a future breeding stallion. He is foundation bred, and contains one of the hardest to find foundation studs in the breed, Yankee (Ragtime). His personality is as delightful as he is beautiful.
The champagne color is like velvet. It has a metallic sheen to it and is very cool. I can hardly WAIT for him to grow up!! He'll be my riding comanion, and we will compete in judged trail rides nand the Rocky trail program someday, although we have little ways to go, he's only 9 months old. I'll start ponying him on short rides around the farm soon!
His personality is so cool. He's into everything. Just the way i like them. :biggrin:

Attachments

• SJan-09 front-1.jpg
    SJan-09 front-1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 173
  • SJan-09 front-2.jpg
    SJan-09 front-2.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 154
  • SJan-09 side.jpg
    SJan-09 side.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

nana

Nana
Beautiful my dad breeds horses in Arkansas and I always love the little ones good luck with him

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
You'll have to post more pics once he gets out of the gangly teenager stage. :lmao:
shhhh.... i won't tell him you said he was "gangly" he's very sensitive....
NOT :lol:
He's got a TON of bone and body, and a beautiful head already. We really like him.

Robin

Happy

I just thought i'd share some pix I snagged sunday, of our Rocky stud colt Champagne Troubadour. Trooby Dooby Doo for short. He arrived last month. He's homozygous black, single silver, single champagne, and just TO DIE FOR.
For anyone interested in color, a classic is extremely hard to find in any breed (some say it's the most rare color in horses) and a homozygous black one even more rare so we are blessed to have been able to purchase him as a future breeding stallion. He is foundation bred, and contains one of the hardest to find foundation studs in the breed, Yankee (Ragtime). His personality is as delightful as he is beautiful.
The champagne color is like velvet. It has a metallic sheen to it and is very cool. I can hardly WAIT for him to grow up!! He'll be my riding comanion, and we will compete in judged trail rides nand the Rocky trail program someday, although we have little ways to go, he's only 9 months old. I'll start ponying him on short rides around the farm soon!
His personality is so cool. He's into everything. Just the way i like them. :biggrin:

#1 he is a cute baby,
But you have to come up with a better Nick name than that, if he is you farm Stud prospect. Turn him over to RC let him pick out a name:killingme /jk

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
#1 he is a cute baby,
But you have to come up with a better Nick name than that, if he is you farm Stud prospect. Turn him over to RC let him pick out a name:killingme /jk
i don't EVER let him hear my nickname for him.
he'd whack me one (using his GOOD arm) for sure. :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Trooby Dooby Doo...Where R U?
Got some Work to DO now...

:lol: RC doesn't read the forums. He won't know unless you tell him. Xmas and my b'day are both a LOOONG time away that's the ONLY time he shops for me
Oh wait...you DO drive don'cha? :lmao:
Oh...hold on. he's not back to work yet. i'm still safe. :biggrin: WHEW.

Robin

Got some Work to DO now...

:lol: RC doesn't read the forums. He won't know unless you tell him. Xmas and my b'day are both a LOOONG time away that's the ONLY time he shops for me
Oh wait...you DO drive don'cha? :lmao:
Oh...hold on. he's not back to work yet. i'm still safe. :biggrin: WHEW.

I am sure he knows more than me here on these here forums:killingme

SugarNSpikes

Wow, he's got such a pretty color. I hope you'll post pictures when he sheds out in the spring - I bet he'll be just gorgeous. =)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Wow, he's got such a pretty color. I hope you'll post pictures when he sheds out in the spring - I bet he'll be just gorgeous. =)
Thank you! I think so too.
This is what i think he will look like when grown. (And also why i bought him!!)
http://www.ichregistry.com/images/gedoc2.jpg
Glass Eyed Doc
This is Champagne on a brown horse, called Sable. Since Trou carries silver he's actually a brown/chocolate looking horse, add champagne, and viola! He'll look like a sable champagne.

Last edited:

fallon3386

I really like the color of your baby, also I have a friend looking for a Rocky Mountain, do you have any geldings for sale now?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have one, but he won't be for sale until Spring. I'm having too much fun riding him, and my filly isn't under saddle yet. :biggrin: I know of another nice boy, but he's pricey....I think somewhere around 10K. That's a lot for someone who just wants an occasional trail ride.
If he's serious, I will contact my folks i think we're going to KY next week to pick up a filly we have in training. These guys sell quick and stay sold once they sell.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
in this breed, people hold onto the good ones, and maintain their price until they can sell them. i can prolly find something in the 3-4K price range this spring, depending on his skill level and needs.

PS young ones trained well, are just as quiet as the older ones. a good one is going to be set in gait even when young. his price will reflect that. pricing in this breed correlates to the gait/temperament or lack thereof.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
There are a bunch for sale on Agdirect within the MD/VA/PA area for your friend to look at.
Check those ads and the people advertising, carefully. Many people have picked up on the "Rocky Mountain Rage"....using it as a catch all term (and selection in their description to grab people in) for any chocolate looking horse, or a horse they think is or might be gaited.

The Rocky Mountain Horse is on the endangered watch list. Endangered consists of fewer than 2,500 annual registrations in the United States and estimated global population less than 10,000. Also included are breeds that present genetic or numerical concerns or have a limited geographic distribution. Click here for a listing of the Endangered Horse and Pony Breeds -----> Endangered Horse and Pony Breeds

Registered Rockies are NOT a dime a dozen. Horses being called or simply advertised as Rockies, are.
I don't want to discourage anyone from getting or looking for a Rocky. I just don't want people to accept imitations, end up unhappy with their purchase and having to begin a search all over again having wasted time and resources. Knowledge is power. If a person wants a Rocky, get a Rocky. Not a SSH (colored walker) or some gaited mix that someone calls a mountain horse. There are Mountain horses and Spotted Saddle Horses. these two are VERY different breeds and move completely differently with a few exceptions (like the Racking walkers which are hard to find indeed) and far too many peeps are crossing walkers with mountain horses thinking they'll get the right gait and all they get is a horse who doesn't know how it wants to move.

I think all peeps looking for a gaited breed should ride the different breeds, then decide exactly what they want. They all gait slightly differently, and their temperaments are also different.

Last edited:

fallon3386

Thanks for all the information. I am going to pass all of this along. My friend dearly loves Rocky's and he has owned one that he sold and deeply regrets. I myself do not know a lot about this breed so this has been very informative and I think they are a beautiful wonderful horse. I will pass all of this along to him though- Thanks!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
You should check those ads, there's probably a couple pages, and let her know which are 'real'.
you can verify registration online by using the horse's name. they have a data base that's searchable. gait is equally important.

Fallon, i guess your friend can't buy his other one back?