State Police Trooper Involved In Fatal Shooting While Being Dragged Identified

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(PIKESVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police are identifying the trooper who fatally wounded an impaired driving suspect on I-95 as the trooper was being dragged in an attempt by the driver to flee the traffic stop.

The trooper is identified as Trooper First Class Robert Kreczmer, who is a three-year-veteran of the Maryland State Police and is assigned to patrol duties at the Waterloo Barrack. The trooper remains on routine administrative leave as the investigation continues.

The trooper stopped a suspected impaired driver, Julio Cesar Moran-Ruiz, of Baltimore, just after 2:00 a.m. on August 28, 2020, on I-95 near Rt. 100. According to the preliminary investigation, when the driver put the vehicle in drive, the trooper reached inside the vehicle in an attempt to stop him as the driver accelerated and drove away.

The trooper was dragged almost one-half mile down the interstate, during which time he repeatedly directed the driver to stop and warned him that he would shoot. The trooper fired at the driver, fatally wounding him.

The investigation is continuing.

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

DaSDGuy

(PIKESVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police are identifying the trooper who fatally wounded an impaired driving suspect on I-95 as the trooper was being dragged in an attempt by the driver to flee the traffic stop.

The trooper is identified as Trooper First Class Robert Kreczmer, who is a three-year-veteran of the Maryland State Police and is assigned to patrol duties at the Waterloo Barrack. The trooper remains on routine administrative leave as the investigation continues.

The trooper stopped a suspected impaired driver, Julio Cesar Moran-Ruiz, of Baltimore, just after 2:00 a.m. on August 28, 2020, on I-95 near Rt. 100. According to the preliminary investigation, when the driver put the vehicle in drive, the trooper reached inside the vehicle in an attempt to stop him as the driver accelerated and drove away.

The trooper was dragged almost one-half mile down the interstate, during which time he repeatedly directed the driver to stop and warned him that he would shoot. The trooper fired at the driver, fatally wounding him.

The investigation is continuing.
Trooper deserves a medal.