TROT's Anacostia Ride

ElliesMom

Anacostia Park - Saturday, November 14th
Led by John Angevine, this is a favorite TROT ride that closes out our ride season. Folks who have attended this ride say they are amazed with the spacious trails and beautiful scenes along the Anacostia River so close to downtown DC. The ride may encounter bikes, fishermen, some asphalt, as well as a scenic view of the historic Lincoln Cemetery. Contact John at 301-937-0014

Anybody want to come with me, I will meet you there or ride share (Near Bryans Road)

I REALLY want to do this ride, and I can leave the kids home with hubby, or take my oldest if we are meeting there.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Where does everyone meet at for this ride...I may be interested...Sounds like fun....More Info Please.....

DQ2B

Yea, more info. How long is the ride? Is it mild enough for a semi-retired horse? Cost? Where is the start location?

ElliesMom

Ok, the uy called me back at 930pm. So here are the important details until I do a little recon on the location (which way in is best, or hubby will let me go in...)

Parking at Paint Branch Park in Anacostia (researching)
Helmet (for everyone, not optional at all) and Coggins required.
Bring in h2o and be prepared to clean up after yourself.
Leisurely paced led (not marked) ride. (welcome to kick up if you need to)
Will cross roads, see cyclists, children and people fishing...
Good footing, firm and soft alongside pavend trails.
1.5 hours out, and a little quicker coming back :whistle:
No park or entrance fees
Riding fee: must be a member....20$
They usually have "snacks" after the ride, and there is a restraunt across the street from parking.

ElliesMom

The park is evidently across from the:

94th Aero Squadron Restraunt
5240 Paint Branch Pkwy
College Park, MD 20740

I will take a drive this week and check it out (unless someone is familiar) and check ou the parking (was advised it was ample)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
"...must be a member...."??
if this is true and you're not already a member of TROT, the short ride will cost ya 40 bucks.

I looked at the Anacostia park website and couldn't find a single thing about horseback riding allowed. Is this a park where you can ride for free if not on a scheduled ride? I'd love to ride it, and would gladly pay 20 bucks to do it, but I'm not gonna shell out an extra 20 bucks for a club membership especially this late in the year.

The Mt Victoria ride was 25 bucks and you could have a (FREE) glass of wine, beer or pop along the way. No membership required....

Countrygirl - will your g/n trailer be on the road by this weekend?

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
"...must be a member...."??
if this is true and you're not already a member of TROT, the short ride will cost ya 40 bucks.

I looked at the Anacostia park website and couldn't find a single thing about horseback riding allowed. Is this a park where you can ride for free if not on a scheduled ride? I'd love to ride it, and would gladly pay 20 bucks to do it, but I'm not gonna shell out an extra 20 bucks for a club membership especially this late in the year.

The Mt Victoria ride was 25 bucks and you could have a (FREE) glass of wine, beer or pop along the way. No membership required....

Countrygirl - will your g/n trailer be on the road by this weekend?

I hope so! Tags are in, :yahoo: I am trying to shchedule somthing to get the hitch installed. Checking "The hitchman" in waldorf today.

yeah the $20 was a yikes for me too.
still thinking on that, would love to go but I agree with you...

DFSquare

WOW, as much as I'd love 2 rides in 1 week, I'm not willing to pay out $40 for 1 ride.

Country, let me know about Sunday's ride so I can let Don know for sure (barring rain).

ElliesMom

20 period for the ride, the membership and the price is the ONE 20. not 40. Was a tad dissapointed there woudnt be food though, thats why I enjot SMTR when I can actually escape!