Truby

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Do you get a sense that the NWS is significantly underestimating this weekends upcoming storm?

:popcorn:

Kwillia, did you see this? huh? huh? :smowmonkey:

harleygirl said:
This is my fav weather site, they are usually right on the money..... http://www.capitalweather.com/index.php
Hmmm... it seems right on the money with my prediction for this weekend...:smile:

This weekend's MAJOR SNOWSTORM is coming into better focus and the CapitalWeather.com team has been evaluating the latest model guidance all morning. We now feel pretty confident predicting at least 2-4" of snowfall for the immediate DC metro area. It also appears that most locations will see all snow, though some mixing of sleet or rain may occur well to the south and east of the immediate area. See the "Snow Lover's Crystal Ball" below for more details on this approaching winter storm. And remember to say tuned to CapitalWeather.com throughout the weekend for the latest updates.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
harleygirl said:
This is my fav weather site, they are usually right on the money..... http://www.capitalweather.com/index.php
This is a GREAT weather blog...they are really into the probabilistic forecast (giving an indication of their confidence in the forecast), something no TV met will do.

And check out the bios of all the contributing writers, most are pretty impressive.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
FromTexas said:
Do you get a sense that the NWS is significantly underestimating this weekends upcoming storm?

:popcorn:

Kwillia, did you see this? huh? huh? :smowmonkey:
Oh I would love for a big snow accumulation this weekend...so far this winter has been a bust. But NWS is playing it safe which is what anyone watching the models should be doing now. Things should look clearer tomorrow but either way areas to our N&W will see much higher accumulations. There just isn't that strong of an area of high pressure to the north...this will allow for more maritime air to filter in and change us over to rain. It takes a lot of cold air to our north to keep us all snow during an event like this.

But it looks like we'll get at least some accumulation.