True Love's First Kiss

UglyBear

I swear the first time I saw my wife I knew I would marry her.
57 years and I never looked back once.
I saw the girl who later became my wife at a very noisy crowded party.
Just saw her across the room, something went “hey there... go talk to that one” in my head. She was just... right? I shoved to the side a girl who was heavily hitting on me (and probably would have easily ended up in bed that night) and went to talk to her. There was no “I’m gonna marry her”, I just wanted to be next to her and nobody else in that room. The rest wasn’t easy, but absolutely worth it.

BOP

New scene from Disneyland's Snow White ride is prompting backlash

"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her "true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."

"Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established if both parties are willing to engage, is not OK?," The San Francisco Gate continues. "It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problematic scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place in the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"

BOP

I swear these people cast about constantly looking for something to bitch about. :lol: Imagine living your life that way, always trying to find a sociopolitical message in every little thing so you can gripe about it. Yikes.
Well, if she's upset by that, by all means, do not tell her about the young generation's women-folk and the books they author in the Young Adult genre, particularly under Supernatural category. We're talking vampires, shifters, fae, you name it. You want to talk about impossible standards? There is not a man alive today that can ahem measure up in any way possible to the men these women write about. And invariably (or nearly) the story's stud muffin? If you guessed "grab her by the....hair...and drag her back to the old cave," you guessed exactly.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It goes to show you that they cannot come up with anything original and have to keep redoing classics to fit today's agendas.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Disney To Remove Problematic Kiss From Classic Movie, Snow White Will Now Remain Dead

"We know our stories need to change with the times," said Disney CEO Bob Chapek. "Kissing someone without consent is NOT ok. We have changed the film in all countries except China. They are totally cool with non-consensual kissing over there."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Husband and I met and married in 3 months of knowing each other (not a shotgun wedding either :lol: ). Both said when we met it felt like we had known each other years. We will be married 24 years in June.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Does it count if you had a relationship that "felt" like 24 years?

Asking for a friend.