Truman deployment cancellation

Pete

Repete
I believe the Navy is unprepared for the budget crisis.....because sequestration and the expiration of the Continuing Resolution right after are simply unworkable situations.

h3mech

i disagree, we have been working with CR and OCO for the last three years, i had no baseline funding in fy14 at all, your pres is trying to pay all this bills off the backs of the military which is going to bite him in the ass down the road.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
But the point that G. was making is that the "Navy" is not typically going to thoroughly screw up the lives of 5000 sailors and airmen, and at literally the last possible minute, simply to punctuate a point about limiting operations that the CNO has already made and specifically addressed and provided direction for quite a while ago.

IN FACT...if this action was taken by anyone in the Navy command structure to make a point, they would most likely be summarily relieved of command for such a stunt. No..this came from civilian direction....but who? SECNAV? SECDEF?..White House?

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
i disagree, we have been working with CR and OCO for the last three years, i had no baseline funding in fy14 at all, your pres is trying to pay all this bills off the backs of the military which is going to bite him in the ass down the road.

No, it is going to bite US - military and civilian DoD, as well as all Americans currently under their protection. Obama has shown he doesn't give a rat's butt about the Constitution, Congress, the budget, DoD, or Americans under its protection. God help us all!

BOP

DEER16 training next week. Hard to put in requirements to OPOM when you have no idea whether you're getting any money in your baseline or not.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Are you a foreign national?

SoMDGirl42

nope, florida boy, retired navy chief and a member of the GOP
i didn't vote for him, i knew better, anyone but obama

thanks for your service, but you do know, he's still OUR president even if WE didn't vote for him. Don't say YOUR president, WE are ALL stuck with him. :bawl:

BOP

Think I just heard a collective "F__K" from the Battle group that the Truman was suppose to be relieve

Been there, said that, got to go to Australia instead of directly back to RVN. We got over the extended cruise.

:biggrin:

BOP

Might just ain't as righteous as it used to be before
When your army's out of gas

Waylon Jennings "The Year 2003 Minus 25"

BernieP

Resident PIA

you assume he cares... he's not running for office again. Now it's time to implement his real agenda.

BTW, CNO says he already has a 4B OMN shortfall and wants the authority to move funds. Read, lets take money from the RDT&E budget to put gas in the boats.