Trump’s Daily Briefings Are Getting Huge Ratings — And Leftists Hate Them

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Times moaned, “And the numbers are continuing to rise, driven by intense concern about the virus and the housebound status of millions of Americans who are practicing social distancing. On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites.”

Then, of course, the attack on Trump while acknowledging he’s reaching a tremendous audience: “And the audience is expanding even as Mr. Trump has repeatedly delivered information that doctors and public health officials have called ill informed, misleading or downright wrong.”

The Times intimated that Trump’s critics gripe that the briefings are putting Americans’ lives at stake. The Times quoted uber-left MSNBC commentator Rachel Maddow stating, “I would stop putting those briefings on live TV — not out of spite, but because it’s misinformation,” as well as former ABC anchor Ted Koppel sniping, “Training a camera on a live event, and just letting it play out, is technology, not journalism; journalism requires editing and context. I recognize that presidential utterances occupy a unique category. Within that category, however, President Trump has created a special compartment all his own.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trum...e-getting-huge-ratings-and-leftists-hate-them

and if Trump was NOT giving Daily Briefings they would bitch he was keeping the country in the dark

glhs837

Power with Control
former ABC anchor Ted Koppel sniping, “Training a camera on a live event, and just letting it play out, is technology, not journalism; journalism requires editing and context. I recognize that presidential utterances occupy a unique category. Within that category, however, President Trump has created a special compartment all his own.”

Wow, thats some scary stuff right there. That mindset is the same as Goebbels. Because while honest journalism does indeed require it, so does fascism. And what Ted wants is to decide what parts of the Presidents message gets out and what parts they decide you need to hear. CNN already does this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah editing and content .... we want to be able to quote out of context - grabbing pussy, fine folks and other media spin in the past 3 yrs

we cannot have Americans THINKING for themselves we need to tell them what to think

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
former ABC anchor Ted Koppel sniping, “Training a camera on a live event, and just letting it play out, is technology, not journalism; journalism requires editing and context. I recognize that presidential utterances occupy a unique category. Within that category, however, President Trump has created a special compartment all his own.”

I want to make sure @Chris0nllyn sees this.

Chris0nllyn

I want to make sure @Chris0nllyn sees this.

Why?

I'm not the one constantly using news outlets as my source(s).

I don't see you complaining when Kyle uses the other half of his 2 sources, Fox News (who edits and adds context), or when GURPS uses PJMedia or Breitbart (who do the same thing). I do see you complaining when transporter uses WaPo, though.

Literally anyone but C-SPAN does what you highlighted and you act like it's some revelation. You point out something universally understood (at least I thought so) just to try and make it seem like the "media" is the worse (to tie it into your other thread), while seemingly ignoring the media outlets that align with your confirmation bias.