Trump’s Second Term

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Over this last week I feel I’ve woken up, or maybe become a bit more aware.

I don’t see how our president loses in 2020, this economy is insane, it’s like nothing anyone has seen. The argument that it’s on Obama’s fumes is losing credibility day by day. Also this week we have the news that our president is talking with the house about a 2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, I think that is great news.

I hope it’s paid for by a tax on gas, or maybe by more debt. The president is happy with either, I mean other than the Supreme Court nominees the man is a democrat, let the good times roll!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Welcome to the dark side. J/K

A great economy will cure a lot of a nation's ills. Now to get a handle on the illegal immigrant problem.

It would also be fantastic if large cities could get their act together. I'm talking to you B'more. But that's a local issue and out of the hands of the President.

TCROW

If the economy is so great, why so much effort by POTUS and VPOTUS to get the fed the ease rates to .... you know, jump start the economy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don’t see how our president loses in 2020, this economy is insane, it’s like nothing anyone has seen. The argument that it’s on Obama’s fumes is losing credibility day by day. Also this week we have the news that our president is talking with the house about a 2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill, I think that is great news.

I hope it’s paid for by a tax on gas, or maybe by more debt. The president is happy with either, I mean other than the Supreme Court nominees the man is a democrat, let the good times roll!

Who are you and how did you hack Truby's account?

littlelady

God bless the USA

No, he is not a Dem. He partied with them for years, and saw what was happening to our great country. Why would he, otherwise, change parties (pun intended)), and ask for the huge headache of being prez? It is no longer a headache. It has become a full on migraine that has lasted for over 2 years. He had it made for life, and beyond. I think he did it for Love of Country. Go Trump! :patriot:

BOP

If the economy is so great, why so much effort by POTUS and VPOTUS to get the fed the ease rates to .... you know, jump start the economy?
Maybe because they want to Make America Great Again. If the economy is roaring along, which to me is more a comparison to our own past - not since post WWII has it really roared along - than it is to anything else, why not apply some machinations to the economy and pay down the debt, reduce the deficit?

TCROW

Maybe because they want to Make America Great Again. If the economy is roaring along, which to me is more a comparison to our own past - not since post WWII has it really roared along - than it is to anything else, why not apply some machinations to the economy and pay down the debt, reduce the deficit?

If that was Trump’s concern, then maybe he shouldn’t have signed the spending bill which added to the deficit/debt. Crazy idea I realize.

truby20

Fighting like a girl

Because the deficit doesn’t seem to matter. There may come a day when no one buys our newly issued debt and then the whole house of cards collapses. But, it hasn’t happened in the over 200 years of our deficit.

I’m convinced it’s just an argument the republicans use to prevent a democrat president from passing any meaningful legislation. They use silly comparisons of the country’s budget to a household’s budget. A household doesn’t have access to practically unlimited credit at nearly record low rates, which they set!!

...all aboard the Trump train!! Let’s build some roads!

transporter

So let's address this bullshit shall we?

First off, the economy is not--in any sense "insane". The economy is doing well. It is NO WHERE close to "nothing like anyone has seen". That is simply an ignorant comment that is not supported by any data.

You don't mention what data changed your mind but the only relevant piece of data to have come out recently that got any play in the media is the unemployment number. The jobs number was strong. But that was not the reason the unemployment rate dropped. The unemployment rate dropped because the labor force shrunk. Almost 650,000 people left the workforce in April. The ignorati crew understood what this meant in 2015...now they ignore it. BTW...job growth in the first 5 months of 2019 is slower than it was in the first 5 months of 2018. Bet you didn't know that either. If the only thing you look at is the headline unemployment rate, you are going to be woefully uninformed....like the rest of the morons on here.

(The data you missed or ignored...the two ISM reports that were significantly weaker on the leading items, weaker car sales, hotel occupancy rates and revenue are lower, rail traffic is down...)

In a few months (July I think) this will become the longest economic expansion in US history. At that time Trump will have been president for about 25% of the 10 year period. After his first year in office Obama did very little to help the economy. The Republican led Congress did nothing. If it wasn't for the Federal Reserve, we would have slid into a Depression.

Donald Trump has done nothing to help the economy either. The tax cuts drawn up by Paul Ryan were a stupid short term boost. The spending increases drawn up by Rs and Ds in the House doubled down on that stupidity. Idiots like GURPS and Gilligan will point to deregulation...sorry the majority of the regulations the Trump administration rescinded were in the formative stage. In other words they were not active. Rescinding in force regulations requires legislation. Trump doesn't do legislation. He doesn't work well with others. His only means of governing is via an EO.

As I have said since oh roughly his first month in office, Donald Trump blew his biggest opportunity. He should have had a infrastructure package ready to present to Congress on "day one". Instead his dumb ass rolls out a Muslim ban. The man showed his complete lack of leadership, managerial and business skills his first week in office. The only true skill he seems to possess is that of a bully.

The infrastructure deal that has your panties all wet is already dead. It won't go anywhere. We don't have the money. Mulvaney and R's in Congress have already stated this. It is that simple. No there is no gas tax solution. No there is not a debt solution. We spent the debt solution on rewarding the donor class with a massive tax cut.

Final point on the economy and its impact on reelection, IF the economy were doing so well, then Trump's approval numbers among independents should be higher. His overall approval rating among all voters should be higher.

BTW...we don't have a 200 year history of deficit spending. Ronald Reagan issued in the era of fiscal irresponsibility. (Another fact the ingorati and right wing types ALWAYS conveniently forget.)

baxter

Your an IDIOT, who just happens to reap the Benefits Trump has provided. Did you see Sleepy Joe on Fox? He cant even correctly speak a proper sentence,,,,,,,,but you make sure you enjoy the tax cuts and the economy. What are your views on Hillary?

TCROW

Your an IDIOT, who just happens to reap the Benefits Trump has provided. Did you see Sleepy Joe on Fox? He cant even correctly speak a proper sentence,,,,,,,,but you make sure you enjoy the tax cuts and the economy. What are your views on Hillary?

You're not your. You're welcome.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GURPS and Gilligan will point to deregulation

where did I do that sugar tits

Instead his dumb ass rolls out a Muslim ban.

and then you go posting crap like this ....... THERE WAS NO MUSLIM BAN

citizens from more than 2 doz other whom the MAJORITY [;like 100%] of the population were NOT banned from traveling to the US.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and Unfounded OPINION

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I’m convinced it’s just an argument the republicans use to prevent a democrat president from passing any meaningful legislation.

This is a real question:

Such as?

I haven't really seen anything meaningful come out of the Dems in a very long time. Not that I saw anything particularly meaningful out of the Republicans until Trump came along...

truby20

Fighting like a girl
This is a real question:

Such as?

I haven't really seen anything meaningful come out of the Dems in a very long time. Not that I saw anything particularly meaningful out of the Republicans until Trump came along...

Offering a “public option” as part of Obamacare.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
So let's address this bullshit shall we?

First off, the economy is not--in any sense "insane". The economy is doing well. It is NO WHERE close to "nothing like anyone has seen". That is simply an ignorant comment that is not supported by any data.

You don't mention what data changed your mind but the only relevant piece of data to have come out recently that got any play in the media is the unemployment number. The jobs number was strong. But that was not the reason the unemployment rate dropped. The unemployment rate dropped because the labor force shrunk. Almost 650,000 people left the workforce in April. The ignorati crew understood what this meant in 2015...now they ignore it. BTW...job growth in the first 5 months of 2019 is slower than it was in the first 5 months of 2018. Bet you didn't know that either. If the only thing you look at is the headline unemployment rate, you are going to be woefully uninformed....like the rest of the morons on here.

(The data you missed or ignored...the two ISM reports that were significantly weaker on the leading items, weaker car sales, hotel occupancy rates and revenue are lower, rail traffic is down...)

In a few months (July I think) this will become the longest economic expansion in US history. At that time Trump will have been president for about 25% of the 10 year period. After his first year in office Obama did very little to help the economy. The Republican led Congress did nothing. If it wasn't for the Federal Reserve, we would have slid into a Depression.

Donald Trump has done nothing to help the economy either. The tax cuts drawn up by Paul Ryan were a stupid short term boost. The spending increases drawn up by Rs and Ds in the House doubled down on that stupidity. Idiots like GURPS and Gilligan will point to deregulation...sorry the majority of the regulations the Trump administration rescinded were in the formative stage. In other words they were not active. Rescinding in force regulations requires legislation. Trump doesn't do legislation. He doesn't work well with others. His only means of governing is via an EO.

As I have said since oh roughly his first month in office, Donald Trump blew his biggest opportunity. He should have had a infrastructure package ready to present to Congress on "day one". Instead his dumb ass rolls out a Muslim ban. The man showed his complete lack of leadership, managerial and business skills his first week in office. The only true skill he seems to possess is that of a bully.

The infrastructure deal that has your panties all wet is already dead. It won't go anywhere. We don't have the money. Mulvaney and R's in Congress have already stated this. It is that simple. No there is no gas tax solution. No there is not a debt solution. We spent the debt solution on rewarding the donor class with a massive tax cut.

Final point on the economy and its impact on reelection, IF the economy were doing so well, then Trump's approval numbers among independents should be higher. His overall approval rating among all voters should be higher.

BTW...we don't have a 200 year history of deficit spending. Ronald Reagan issued in the era of fiscal irresponsibility. (Another fact the ingorati and right wing types ALWAYS conveniently forget.)

Not sure why you’re being so vicious to me, but I guess that’s just the way you post.

Our first debt was 200 years ago, and we’ve had a debt for well over 100 years. I was wrong to use the word “deficit” in my post, that’s not accurate. I should have said debt.

The tax cuts did continue the expansion! Will this whole thing collapse in a few years? Probably, but it’s collapsed two other times in my life and we’ve learned a lot each time.

I obviously hope the infrastructure bill works, we need It.

And as far as my saying “we’ve never seen anything like this before”, that is true! More people (raw count, not percent) are employed now than ever before, low income wages are FINALLY increasing, and the stock market is at record highs!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Offering a “public option” as part of Obamacare.

See, I don't think of that as meaningful legislation. Turning our government into a health insurer is a bigger loser than Obamacare. But that's a matter of opinion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And as far as my saying “we’ve never seen anything like this before”, that is true! More people (raw count, not prevent) are employed now than ever before, low income wages are FINALLY increasing, and the stock market is at record highs!

In the immortal words of William Jefferson Clinton: it's the economy, stupid. :yay: