Trump accuses the New York Times of Treason.

Hijinx

I believe he is right.
The New York Times printed an article saying that the United States is targeting Russia’s electric power grid and has even gone as far as to install debilitating code inside it.

http://us24news.com/breaking-trump-accuses-new-york-times-of-treason/

IF the United States were doing such a thing wouldn't that be a top secret classified operation.
IF we were doing it wouldn't Trump be compelled to deny it.
Then they claim it is happening without the President's knowledge.
Where did their information come from and isn't it totally irresponsible to print such a thing whether it is true or not?

Is it Treason? I don't know, but what reason could the Times have for printing such a story other then to cause dissension between the United States and Russia.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Aid and Comfort to the Enemy ?

Certainly exposing a classified program is illegal

Seriously what would be the point of exposing such a program .... other than 'take down the US a peg or too'

The same people that complain Russia is the 'enemy'

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Are there people in this country who hate Trump so much, they are willing to betray our nation over it?
And then call Trump the traitor?

limblips

PREMO Member
Here is the CNN take on this story.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/politics/us-ramping-up-cyberattacks-russia/index.html

Current and former officials tell the Times the US has put reconnaissance probes into the Russian grid since at least 2012.

IF true these current and former officials need to be tried for disclosing what has to be Top Secret information that started under the Obama regime.

Hillary is free so disclosing classified information must be alright now.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I never thought in my lifetime that I would see the need for "We the People" to take back our country, however, some are doing everything in their power to bring it about.

transporter

As always, it really helps to read the actual article before bitching about it.

Both General Nakasone and Mr. Bolton, through spokesmen, declined to answer questions about the incursions into Russia’s grid. Officials at the National Security Council also declined to comment but said they had no national security concerns about the details of The New York Times’s reporting about the targeting of the Russian grid, perhaps an indication that some of the intrusions were intended to be noticed by the Russians.

U.S. Escalates Online Attacks on Russia’s Power Grid

You all want to try to explain why it is that you think you are so informed and so knowledgeable?

Why is it that you think you know anything when you refuse, outright refuse, to do the most basic review before commenting?

Why is it that you all claim to be independent thinkers, yet on each and every occasion that would allow you to prove you can think for yourselves, you can't even be bothered to read the source article? Instead you just bleat along with whatever bullshit some propaganda source tells you someone else reported??

Morons...the lot of you...dumb as f***ing rocks.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

You all want to try to explain why it is that you think you are so informed and so knowledgeable?

Why is it that you think you know anything when you refuse, outright refuse, to do the most basic review before commenting?

Why is it that you all claim to be independent thinkers, yet on each and every occasion that would allow you to prove you can think for yourselves, you can't even be bothered to read the source article? Instead you just bleat along with whatever bullshit some propaganda source tells you someone else reported??

I hate to burst your bubble, but you're not as smart as you think you are. I hope to Christ you realize that some day, but I don't hold out much hope. You really ought to take a little break. I'm truly worried you're going pop a blood vessel or something.

BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
There's more than meets the eye here with one exception: this NYT piece is an elaborately dressed up, passive-aggressive, anti-Trump hit piece.

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

There's more than meets the eye here with one exception: this NYT piece is an elaborately dressed up, passive-aggressive, anti-Trump hit piece.

--- End of line (MCP)

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the NYT was doing running with this in the first place.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are there people in this country who hate Trump so much, they are willing to betray our nation over it?

They've always been that way. Trump is just exposing them, which is what's making them so furious and reckless.

The Democrats and their media minions have always been very clear that they hold foreign interests in higher regard than the people of the United States. They are very concerned about giving medical care and housing to foreign drug dealers and child sex traffickers, while our veterans and home grown poor go without.

MiddleGround

So much for ignore.... AmIright???

Like Ying and Yang, Cookies and Milk, Siskel and Ebert!