INGSOC
PREMO Member
What A Disappointing Loser ......

Begging to get back on Facebook and Instagram

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not convinced that's a true story. Unless it comes from Trump himself I'm going to assume it's fake news.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Facebook's Trump ban to be reviewed by oversight board

Trump wants back on Facebook and Instagram, appeals suspension to Facebook Oversight Board

The Facebook Oversight Board, which will decide whether Donald Trump’s indefinite suspension should be lifted, received an appeal on behalf of the former president arguing for his Facebook and Instagram accounts to be restored.

"We can confirm that a user statement has been received in the case before the Oversight Board concerning President Trump's Facebook and Instagram accounts,” a spokesperson for the Oversight Board said in a statement.

The spokesperson declined further comment.

The Oversight Board has received about 9,000 comments from the public on the hotly contested question of whether to allow Trump access to his Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Facebook announced in January that it asked the Oversight Board to review its decision to suspend Trump on Jan. 7, the day after a group of the president’s supporters stormed the Capitol.

Trump’s accounts on Facebook and Instagram remain suspended pending the Oversight Board’s decision.

Trump's appeal was first reported by Channel 4 News in the United Kingdom.

The Trump ban is the most consequential case yet for the Oversight Board, carrying far-reaching political implications for the nation.

DaSDGuy

The title of your post is "Trump Begs". Please provide evidence that Trump begged.
Please realize that appealing a suspension is NOT begging and referring to an "appeal" as "begging" is merely sensationalistic journalism that negatively reflects on the author. Go on from there. Provide your evidence of "Begging" or provide a retraction.

Hijinx

Is filing an appeal begging?
Damn------ I filed an appeal of my 30 day sentence to facebook jail and I didn't think it was begging.

Of course it was a waste of time and I still think John Kerry should have been tried for treason and shot.
That's what I said and poof I was gone.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Provide your evidence of "Begging" or provide a retraction.

Umm Piss Off ..... Definition # 2 fits just fine

It's my opinion and the opinion of a few others I agree with ...

IMHO Trump should NOT be asking for anything from Facebook / Insta ...... but he is apparently too stupid at this point to realize Social Media Companies have NOTHING but abject hatred him and contempt for him, and move on to some other platform ......

Begging

beg

(bĕg)

1. begged, beg·ging, begs
a.
To ask (someone) for something in an urgent or humble manner: begged me for help; begged me to give him the phone number.
b. To ask for (something) in an urgent or humble manner: beg someone's forgiveness; beg a favor.
c. To ask for (food or money, for instance) as a beggar.

2. To ask (permission) to do something: begged leave to attend the ceremony.

Last edited:

DaSDGuy

Umm Go Fuk Yourself .....

IMHO Trump should NOT be asking for anything from Facebook / Insta ...... but he is apparently too stupid at this point to realize Social Media Companies have NOTHING but abject hatred him and contempt for him, and move on to some other platform ......
A fine example of witty repertoire on your part. Thank you for clarifying yourself.

DaSDGuy

Umm Piss Off ..... Definition # 2 fits just fine

Begging

beg

(bĕg)

1. begged, beg·ging, begs
a.
To ask (someone) for something in an urgent or humble manner: begged me for help; begged me to give him the phone number.
b. To ask for (something) in an urgent or humble manner: beg someone's forgiveness; beg a favor.
c. To ask for (food or money, for instance) as a beggar.

2. To ask (permission) to do something: begged leave to attend the ceremony.
Nice definition of the word "beg" but it has no relevance. After reviewing your linked article titled "Trump wants back on Facebook and Instagram, appeals suspension to Facebook Oversight Board" it appears the word "beg" is nowhere to be found.

It is also interesting that the article states "The Facebook Oversight Board, which will decide whether Donald Trump’s indefinite suspension should be lifted, received an appeal on behalf of the former president ...", not that President Trump himself appealed. A minor difference, but truth deals with minor differences. Lies deal with distortions of the facts.

Evidently the word "beg" is of your own contrivation, i.e., you made it up. Again, this negatively reflects on the author.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Evidently the word "beg" is of your own contrivation, i.e., you made it up. Again, this negatively reflects on the author.

I doubt he made it up. More likely that one of his numerous news feeds used the term and that's where he picked it up. I can totally see one of the fake news outlets crowing that Trump is "begging" to be let back on FB, even if he's simply appealing his permaban.

Gurps, be better. You're turning into a tool.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I made nothing up dumb ass ..
English comprehend it ...
Dictionary Definition

You are a tiresome bore . ... play pedantic word games by yourself ... we are done here

beg = to ask for

beg

Definitions
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
  • intransitive verb To ask (someone) for something in an urgent or humble manner.
  • intransitive verb To ask for (something) in an urgent or humble manner.
  • intransitive verb To ask for (food or money, for instance) as a beggar.
  • intransitive verb To ask (permission) to do something.
  • intransitive verb To evade; dodge.
  • intransitive verb To take for granted without proof.
  • intransitive verb To ask for something, especially money or food from strangers, in an urgent or humble manner.
  • intransitive verb To live as a beggar.
  • intransitive verb To make an urgent or humble plea.
  • idiom (beg (someone's) pardon) Used to introduce a polite request.
  • idiom (beg the question) To assume to be true what one is purporting to prove in an argument.
  • idiom (beg the question) To call to mind a question in a discussion; invite or provoke a question.
  • idiom (beg to differ) To disagree in a polite manner.
from The Century Dictionary.
  • noun Same as bey.
  • To ask for or supplicate in charity; ask as alms.
  • To ask for earnestly; crave.
  • To ask as a favor; hence, to beseech; entreat or supplicate with humility or earnestness: as, I begged him to use his influence in favor of my friend.
  • Synonyms Ask, Request. Beg, etc. (see ask); to pray (for), conjure, petition (for).
  • To ask alms or charity; practise begging; live by asking alms.
  • In the game of all-fours, to ask of the dealer a concession of one point to be added to one's count.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
  • noun A title of honor in Turkey and in some other parts of the East; a bey.
  • transitive verb To ask earnestly for; to entreat or supplicate for; to beseech.
  • transitive verb To ask for as a charity, esp. to ask for habitually or from house to house.
  • transitive verb To make petition to; to entreat.
  • transitive verb To take for granted; to assume without proof.
  • transitive verb (Old Law) To ask to be appointed guardiln for, or to aso to havo a guardian appointed for.
  • transitive verb to take him for a fool.
  • transitive verb is an elliptical expression for I beg leave to.
  • transitive verb to assume that which was to be proved in a discussion, instead of adducing the proof or sustaining the point by argument.
  • transitive verb a figurative phrase to express the absence of demand for something which elsewhere brings a price.
  • intransitive verb To ask alms or charity, especially to ask habitually by the wayside or from house to house; to live by asking alms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
  • abbreviation knitting beginning
  • noun a provincial governor under the Ottoman Empire, a bey
  • verb intransitive to request the help of someone, often in the form of money
  • verb transitive to plead with someone for help or for a favor
  • verb transitive to assume, in the phrase beg the question
  • verb proscribed to raise a question, in the phrase beg the question
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
  • verb make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
  • verb dodge, avoid answering, or take for granted
  • verb call upon in supplication; entreat
  • verb ask to obtain free

I can totally see one of the fake news outlets crowing that Trump is "begging" to be let back on FB, even if he's simply appealing his permaban.

Thanks DJ, but hardly ....

the POINT of the matter I am of the OPINION Trump is a FOOL Asking these people for anything they despise the air he breaths and the ground he walks on

ask, beg, inquire .... it all means the same damn thing

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ask, beg, inquire .... it all means the same damn thing

No, it doesn't. "Ask" or "inquire" has a level of dignity attached to it. "Beg" indicates desperation and impotence.

My understanding is that Trump is challenging his bans on social media by pointing out that he has been unfairly (and possibly illegally) targeted by political enemies. I believe he is not asking them to reinstate his account, he is suing them over it. But I could be wrong about that - it might not have gotten that far yet.

It makes Trump seem childish when the bots say he's "begging" to be let back on stupid Twitter and Facebook. The reality is that he's trying to take down these behemoths who are undermining all of our constitutional rights and expose them for what they are.

There is a much bigger picture here and it's annoying to me that so many are mindless enough to take these dumb stories at face value. "Haw haw! Orangemanbad all mad him cant get on da tweet thing! Haw haw!" That's bot-thought and should be too idiotic for adults to entertain, but here we are.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe now is a good time to remind some that Donald Trump was the President of the United States for 4 years. And a damned effective one, too. It speaks to the absurdity of the masses when they try to pretend Trump is some buffoon and they, with their ignorance and moronic mindset, are somehow smarter than him. That the successful billionaire POTUS is the dumb one, not the dipshit with the 7th grade education who can't cross the street without government assistance.

Hijinx

I doubt he made it up. More likely that one of his numerous news feeds used the term and that's where he picked it up. I can totally see one of the fake news outlets crowing that Trump is "begging" to be let back on FB, even if he's simply appealing his permaban.

He should have banned Jimmy early on, Now he is getting infected with the Trump hate disease.
You have to be careful when you are around sht spreaders, that you don't get hit with it.