Trump faces credibility test as he plays down virus threat

transporter

Trump faces credibility test as he plays down virus threat

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump faces a critical challenge in grappling with the new coronavirus outbreak: Asking Americans to believe him after he and top advisers have contradicted federal scientists in playing down the threat.

The stakes could be enormous from a public health and economic perspective, and also for Trump’s personal credibility.

As Americans prepare for what experts say is an inevitable outbreak in the U.S., the X-factor may be an unpredictable president who has clashed repeatedly with scientists in his own administration and tends to see any crisis through the lens of his own reelection chances.

After two days of the stock market tumbling , Trump took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to blame the media and Democrats for causing undue alarm and harming American financial markets.

What credibility? The only time Trump has the opportunity to not lie is when his mouth is closed or his thumbs are stuck in his ears....whenever Trump is speaking or tweeting the highest probability is that he is lying. Trump has no credibility.

TPD

the poor dad
So what is your definition of outbreak because I’m willing to place a bet. 1000 Affected in the US in the next two months? 10,000? As many as get the flu each year?

transporter

So what is your definition of outbreak because I’m willing to place a bet. 1000 Affected in the US in the next two months? 10,000? As many as get the flu each year?

What does your question have to do with the point of the OP???

The point of the OP was that Trump has no credibility.

The point of the OP was that the scientists. the medical professionals comments and outlook are completely at odds with the commentary from our incompetent, inept, unfit, lawless President. The same President who has spent the last 5 years lying to gullible rubes like yourself.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The point of the OP was that the scientists. the medical professionals comments and outlook are completely at odds with the commentary from our incompetent, inept, unfit, lawless President. The same President who has spent the last 5 years lying to gullible rubes like yourself.
We’re all doing to die and it’s Trump’s fault......

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Might as well post a link as it applies here as well:

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

What does your question have to do with the point of the OP???

The point of the OP was that I'm a raging, flaming moron with absolutely no clue as to how anything works.
Works for me.