Trump golfing has already cost over $100 million

Sapidus

Did he offer up the profits from them to avoid the impropriety? I'm only asking because YOU brought him up repeatedly?
Don't be a moron. He cant control who purchases his books

Did the Clintons suggest the SS get a property somewhere other than their property in Chappaqua, to avoid an impropriety of the Clintons "profiting" from the SS renting space on their land?

Where else would they go numbnuts?. They need to be in proximity of the people they are protecting. Why do you continue to try to muddy the waters instead of just admit what Trump is doing is wrong?

The dude is vacationing where he chooses to vacation. He is not mandating that any SS stay in the hotel, or any staff, nor is he profiting any amount of money from some hotel stays that will impact his income in any meaningful way. Not sure if you heard, the man earned almost half a million dollars last year, and gave up his government salary. When you can show how hotel stays' profits to the CEO (after taxes, expenses, paying staff, utilities, etc.) earn him what he donates back from his government salary, you MAY have a poor and easily disputed argument. At this point, you don't even have that.

So you think k the SS can stay at a different properties miles away and effectively protect him? Are you mentally slow? The financial for his resorts are public record say they even take in $25 million form the government for rooms and food. Thats a lot more than 500k you say he earned last year

Does he vacation too much? Maybe, but after 8 years of being told the president is NEVER on vacation, it's kind of hard to make that point. Unless and until we establish a maximum amount of vacation time elected officials may take, none of them take too much vacation other than in individual opinions.

Well when Trump averages 188 days golfing in 2 years that by any reasonable measure too much

You have an opinion. Good for you.

Sapidus

And, apparently, when his daughter was hired on as an "advisor" so she could fly at government cost instead of personal cost when vacationing in Europe.

Have you heard of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner? Hypocrite.

Lets see the proof of your statement not just your opinion

Sapidus

what about them .... who leveled the charge of 'advisor' status for free air travel

Prove it. What do you think Ivanka and Jared have done for the last two+ years? Benefited from subsidized travel for their made up positions which they are unqualified for

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prove it. What do you think Ivanka and Jared have done for the last two+ years?

I have NOTHING to Prove YOU made the Fantasy Supposition aka Accusation YOU Prove it .

I ask WHO Leveled the Charge .... well besides you

Sapidus

I have NOTHING to Prove YOU made the Fantasy Supposition aka Accusation YOU Prove it .

I ask WHO Leveled the Charge .... well besides you

Prove that someone was labeled an advisor for free air travel

I proved that the Mueller Investigation was profitable. I back up all my statements with facts and articles and all you ever say is fantasy, innuendo blah blah blah despite the truth being in front of you

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prove that someone was labeled an advisor for free air travel

I did not make the Accusation YOU did.

Prove it. What do you think Ivanka and Jared have done for the last two+ years? Benefited from subsidized travel for

See how this works ......... YOU made the above Accusation YOU Prove YOUR POINT

their made up positions which they are unqualified for

How can they be unqualified if the positions is made up ?

Jared Kushner - White House Innovations Director since 2017
Ivanka Trump - Presidential Advisor

What did Valerie Jarret to for 8 yrs ?

I back up all my statements with facts and articles and all you ever say is fantasy, innuendo blah blah blah despite the truth being in front of you

No You Don't ... where did that 12 million dollar figure come from ?

This_person

Don't be a moron. He cant control who purchases his books

Yes, it is logical to presume that he had nothing to do with thousands of his books being bought by State. :rolleyes: But, that wasn't the question, because Trump can't control where everyone else stays, either. The question was, what did Obama do to limit the appearance of impropriety (like you think Trump should do)?

Where else would they go numbnuts?. They need to be in proximity of the people they are protecting. Why do you continue to try to muddy the waters instead of just admit what Trump is doing is wrong?

Well, where else would the SS go, numbnuts? They need to be in proximity to the people they are protecting! Trump is doing the same thing the Clintons do, but he does it a few times a year, and the Clintons do it non-stop.

So you think k the SS can stay at a different properties miles away and effectively protect him? Are you mentally slow? The financial for his resorts are public record say they even take in $25 million form the government for rooms and food. Thats a lot more than 500k you say he earned last year

I'm not mentally slow, but I'm trying to use your logic. First,, you want Trump to stay somewhere else, but that's HIS place. So, these folks need to stay in the proximity of the people they are protecting, just like the folks that protected the Obamas in HI and the Clintons in NY. You have to pick a point - is it bad to have them pay YOU to protect YOU, like the Clintons and Trumps do? Or is it ok?

Second, I didn't say he earned $500k, I said his total income from all sources (that's what total means) was almost $500M. The amount he, personally, makes from stays at his hotel is insignificant on a per-room/night basis, so the "financial gain" he is getting is insignificant.

Third, the books Obama sold were not required in any way. These stays are. So, Obama's actions are demonstrably worse.

Well when Trump averages 188 days golfing in 2 years that by any reasonable measure too much

Sapidus

Yes, it is logical to presume that he had nothing to do with thousands of his books being bought by State. :rolleyes: But, that wasn't the question, because Trump can't control where everyone else stays, either. The question was, what did Obama do to limit the appearance of impropriety (like you think Trump should do)?

Yes. In fact Trump can control where everyone stays you stupid POS. Why cant you understand that? So you honestly believe Oram tried to make a $5000 profit and that Trump is just going about business as usual. Do you know the term BIAS?

Well, where else would the SS go, numbnuts? They need to be in proximity to the people they are protecting! Trump is doing the same thing the Clintons do, but he does it a few times a year, and the Clintons do it non-stop.

What does this even mean? All Ex presidents have secret service. Do you want the law to change? Do you think Trump only has SS protection when he is golfing? Do you know how anything works?

I'm not mentally slow, but I'm trying to use your logic. First,, you want Trump to stay somewhere else, but that's HIS place. So, these folks need to stay in the proximity of the people they are protecting, just like the folks that protected the Obamas in HI and the Clintons in NY. You have to pick a point - is it bad to have them pay YOU to protect YOU, like the Clintons and Trumps do? Or is it ok?

Second, I didn't say he earned $500k, I said his total income from all sources (that's what total means) was almost $500M. The amount he, personally, makes from stays at his hotel is insignificant on a per-room/night basis, so the "financial gain" he is getting is insignificant.

I thought you were angry about Obama's $5000 profit on his books ? Are you saying $5000 is significant to Obama despite it being on scale with what you believe to be insignificant for Trump? There is that BIAS again

Third, the books Obama sold were not required in any way. These stays are. So, Obama's actions are demonstrably worse.

No vacationing 188 days at your own resort is not in anyway required. Go to Camp David.

This_person

I have. Adults who do jobs in the White House.

When listed as "senior staff" (June 21-27, 2011), Malia was around 10 and Sasha was 12 (less than a month from turning 13).

Who do you think qualifies as ACTUAL staff, a 10 year old, or an adult doing a job?

Lets see the proof of your statement not just your opinion

"...a FOIA request seeking the mission taskings, transportation records, and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s Africa trip. Documents were only provided after filing suit:
  • According to U.S. Department of Defense’s published hourly rates for the C-32A aircraft used for the trip, Judicial Watch calculated the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for use of the aircraft (34.8 flight hours x $12,188 per hour). (The C-32 is a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757.) Other expenses – meals (off the plane), transportation, security, various services, etc. – have yet to be disclosed.
  • The passenger manifests confirm the presence of Obama’s daughter’s, Malia and Sasha on the trip. The two girls are listed as “Senior Staff.” The manifests also list Mrs. Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, and niece and nephew, Leslie and Avery Robinson, as well Mrs. Obama’s makeup and hairstylist (Carl Ray and Johnny Wright).
  • The expense records also show $928.44 was spent for “bulk food” purchases on flight. Overall, during the trip, 192 meals were served for the 21 passengers on board."

Do you ever tire of being wrong?

Sapidus

I have. Adults who do jobs in the White House.

When listed as "senior staff" (June 21-27, 2011), Malia was around 10 and Sasha was 12 (less than a month from turning 13).

Who do you think qualifies as ACTUAL staff, a 10 year old, or an adult doing a job?

"...a FOIA request seeking the mission taskings, transportation records, and passenger manifests for Michelle Obama’s Africa trip. Documents were only provided after filing suit:
  • According to U.S. Department of Defense’s published hourly rates for the C-32A aircraft used for the trip, Judicial Watch calculated the total cost to American taxpayers was $424,142 for use of the aircraft (34.8 flight hours x $12,188 per hour). (The C-32 is a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757.) Other expenses – meals (off the plane), transportation, security, various services, etc. – have yet to be disclosed.
  • The passenger manifests confirm the presence of Obama’s daughter’s, Malia and Sasha on the trip. The two girls are listed as “Senior Staff.” The manifests also list Mrs. Obama’s mother, Marian Robinson, and niece and nephew, Leslie and Avery Robinson, as well Mrs. Obama’s makeup and hairstylist (Carl Ray and Johnny Wright).
  • The expense records also show $928.44 was spent for “bulk food” purchases on flight. Overall, during the trip, 192 meals were served for the 21 passengers on board."
Do you ever tire of being wrong?

Great. Lets see the proof then. A FOIA request is not proof

Sapidus

How exactly :sshrug:

should the SS stay down the road somewhere >?

Do you not follow along?

Obama refused to refinance his home while president because he didnt want the bank to give him an unfair advantage on his interest rate. Jimmy carter gave up a peanut farm. These are thing presidents duo to avoid impropriety and to avoid profiting from the office.

Trump should stay at a neutral hotel with the SS or he should pay the costs himself at his own property

This_person

Yes. In fact Trump can control where everyone stays you stupid POS. Why cant you understand that? So you honestly believe Oram tried to make a $5000 profit and that Trump is just going about business as usual. Do you know the term BIAS?
I can understand that Trump could stay somewhere else, but that would be pretty stupid. That would be like asking the Clintons to go somewhere besides their home because of the appearance of impropriety of renting out a cottage on their home to the SS and the money they earn from it.

If you think A is wrong, you have to think B is wrong, too. Oh, and you also have to be stupid.

I believe Obama needed some of his books to sell, so he sold them to the government. That's not an expense of doing business, that was reasonably for no other reason than personal profit. Trump is going "home" to his own properties, and the costs of housing his security and staff is the same as it would be for anyone else with that kind of protection.

What does this even mean? All Ex presidents have secret service. Do you want the law to change? Do you think Trump only has SS protection when he is golfing? Do you know how anything works?

Actually, yes, I do want the law to change (well, actually, it already has). But, that's not the point. The point is, they're making money off of renting out real estate to the government to protect them, just like Trump is doing.

If one is bad, the other is bad. There's just no way around it.

I thought you were angry about Obama's $5000 profit on his books ? Are you saying $5000 is significant to Obama despite it being on scale with what you believe to be insignificant for Trump? There is that BIAS again

I think Trump's is on par with the Clintons - a normal cost of protecting people who the law says we must protect. I believe what Obama did was not a necessity of government. Protecting the president and presidential family is a cost of doing business, buying president's books is not.

No vacationing 188 days at your own resort is not in anyway required. Go to Camp David.

So, vacationing in HI is not in any way required, either. Nor is vacationing in Europe. Should we be angry at the Obamas for having done that when they could have simply gone to Camp David?

No, presidents are allowed to vacation. Obama was, and so is Trump. Unless and until we make a law restricting how much they can take or where they can go, this is how they do it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
These are thing presidents duo to avoid impropriety and to avoid profiting from the office.

Trump should stay at a neutral hotel with the SS or he should pay the costs himself at his own property

that is YOUR Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo and ASSUMPTION

Sapidus

I can understand that Trump could stay somewhere else, but that would be pretty stupid. That would be like asking the Clintons to go somewhere besides their home because of the appearance of impropriety of renting out a cottage on their home to the SS and the money they earn from it.

If you think A is wrong, you have to think B is wrong, too. Oh, and you also have to be stupid.

I believe Obama needed some of his books to sell, so he sold them to the government. That's not an expense of doing business, that was reasonably for no other reason than personal profit. Trump is going "home" to his own properties, and the costs of housing his security and staff is the same as it would be for anyone else with that kind of protection.

Actually, yes, I do want the law to change (well, actually, it already has). But, that's not the point. The point is, they're making money off of renting out real estate to the government to protect them, just like Trump is doing.

If one is bad, the other is bad. There's just no way around it.

I think Trump's is on par with the Clintons - a normal cost of protecting people who the law says we must protect. I believe what Obama did was not a necessity of government. Protecting the president and presidential family is a cost of doing business, buying president's books is not.

So, vacationing in HI is not in any way required, either. Nor is vacationing in Europe. Should we be angry at the Obamas for having done that when they could have simply gone to Camp David?

No, presidents are allowed to vacation. Obama was, and so is Trump. Unless and until we make a law restricting how much they can take or where they can go, this is how they do it.

Since this is apparently a big issue for you show me where Obama forced anyone to purchase those books so he could profit from them.

You have failed time and again to show that yet you continue to assume that. That is the problem with your thinking. We have definitive proof of Trump acting in approppritely and you compare it to something you have made up in your mind that Obama has done.

As to the Clintons and Trump. Trump does not live at Mar a lago or any of his other properties He lives in the White House. He has no reason to go to Mar a lago except perhaps on holidays. He has however gone 188 days that is almost a fourth of his presidency.

The clintons live in their home and need SS at their home for protection. There is no way around having them on the property it is how ss protection works . The Clintons do not have a neutral place like the white house they could be at. They also do not directly profit from the SS staying in a hotel when they travel as does Trump