Trump losing Trucker support

Sapidus

Morris Coffman has been a truck driver for 35 years. And he's been a conservative for even longer than that — his whole life.

"That said," Coffman told Business Insider, "[Trump] is absolutely a moron. His idiotic ideas will tank the economy even further."

But a sharp downturn in the trucking industry and a slew of tax changes have hampered their ability to make a living. And many connect those two trends to Trump's economic policies.

"He has not affected our business in a positive way," said one truck driver who asked to be quoted anonymously for fear their small business might suffer. "He's killing our business. If consumers aren't buying, then there is no demand. This really isn't about my political leanings — it's pure business."

Trump's tax reworking in 2017 led to many truck drivers having to pay hundreds in taxes this year, thanks to a change in per-diem laws. Dennis Bridges, an accountant who specializes in doing taxes for truckers, told Mother Jones in April that 75% of his clients saw an unusually large tax payment, and about 20% had to fork over more than $5,000.

Sad that so many people don't care when other people are effected by this idiots inhumane and idiotic policies until it hits them in their wallets.

But at least they are starting to wake up

Sapidus

I don't believe that, I think its fake news

Classic Trump supporter. Faced with quotes, figures and facts they just deny the truth.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Classic Trump supporter. Faced with quotes, figures and facts they just deny the truth.

:killingme

YOU Post Facts .......

So what a few truckers had to pay their fair share of taxes ........ Trump support among Republicans is 80%

TPD

the poor dad
This towards the end of the article sums it up. Yeah it’s trumps fault - the great economy he helped create made last year an exceptional year for truckers so now they are seeing a correction.

Experts have said an exceptionally vibrant 2018 may be the bigger reasons for the downturn in trucking. Last year, trucking was incredibly profitable, with record-low bankruptcies, remarkably high rates, eight-month-long wait lists for new trucks, and huge bumps in trucker pay.

"I view it as the market correcting itself," Cowen's Jason Seidl previously told Business Insider. "We basically put too much capacity out there in the marketplace, and you saw that by the rates dropping very hard. The market can only take so much of that, so it corrects itself. And this is the market just correcting itself."