TRUMP MUST BE A RUSSIAN AGENT; THE ALTERNATIVE IS TOO AWFUL

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IT WOULD BE rather embarrassing for Donald Trump at this point if Robert Mueller were to declare that the president isn’t an agent of Russian intelligence.

In short, we’ve reached a point in the Mueller probe where there are only two scenarios left: Either the president is compromised by the Russian government and has been working covertly to cooperate with Vladimir Putin after Russia helped win him the 2016 election—or Trump will go down in history as the world’s most famous “useful idiot,” as communists used to call those who could be co-opted to the cause without realizing it.

At least the former scenario—that the president of the United States is actively working to advance the interests of our country’s foremost, long-standing, traditional foreign adversary—would make him seem smarter and wilier. The latter scenario is simply a tragic farce for everyone involved.

SamSpade

In short, we’ve reached a point in the Mueller probe where there are only two scenarios left:

There's at least one more - that the whole thing has been a useless snipe hunt by partisan persons who
are going to any length to pin a crime on Trump without actually beginning with evidence, just wild speculation.

That pic with Joy Behar (yes, I KNOW she's not part of the investigation, but perfectly depicts the rationale) where
she says the MSM believes all this crap and has to continually walk it back because "we're desperate to remove Trump
from office". Since they have been on this since just after the election, it is not predicated in the slightest on his ability
to do the job - you can't declare a man incompetent BEFORE he actually is on the job, unless you're highly prejudicial.

TCROW

Any opinion piece that offers a false choice in the headline can and should be safely ignored.

Another option is that that he got in over his head without realizing it. I see "Russian agent" thrown around a lot, but I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that he knocked on Putin's front door and asked to be a double agent.

More likely it started with dubious business relationships, like for example when Russian oligarchs provide sketchy funding (a/k/a money laundering) through Deutsche Bank. At that point, it was the only financing Trump could secure since he's screwed so many out money. Once "smaller" crimes like this are committed, it's a quick and easy path to other things like tax evasion, insurance fraud, and other stuff. At some point, this reaches a critical period where the cost of either side of this turning on the other is too expensive to risk. Then you wake up one day and realize you have so much leverage on you that you can be forced into certain situations. If you know Russia, any hotel that Trump is likely to stay at on a visit is wired to the hilt.

That is pretty much the classic definition of an intelligence asset. It wasn't a relationship that really had to be sought after by either party. You just find yourself there.

And this would appear (based on the dearth of info coming out of the Muller investigation so far) that it is precisely the scenario that the SCO is investigating.

You simply have to understand the mindset of Putin and how much he hates the U.S. (still blames Reagan and the Republican party for killing the USSR) and is looking to right a wrong.

SamSpade

Any opinion piece that offers a false choice in the headline can and should be safely ignored.

Another option is that that he got in over his head without realizing it. I see "Russian agent" thrown around a lot, but I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that he knocked on Putin's front door and asked to be a double agent.

I think when they SAY agent, they're more closely aligned with the idea that he is more Manchurian candidate than anything else - that he is operating on their behalf. And if that is the case, they sure wasted their money, didn't they? Trump is arming the Ukrainians, opposing the Russians in the Middle East and may yet trigger another arms race - as opposed to the treatment he got from his predecessor who set a red line and did nothing, failed to arm the Poles and Ukraine and gave away the Crimean peninsula without a blink, not to mention abandoning Georgia.

If the Russians have some kind of leverage over him, they're really wasting their efforts - unless they actually don't have any.

CPUSA

More likely it started with dubious business relationships, like for example when Russian oligarchs provide sketchy funding (a/k/a money laundering) through Deutsche Bank. At that point, it was the only financing Trump could secure since he's screwed so many out money. Once "smaller" crimes like this are committed, it's a quick and easy path to other things like tax evasion, insurance fraud, and other stuff. At some point, this reaches a critical period where the cost of either side of this turning on the other is too expensive to risk. Then you wake up one day and realize you have so much leverage on you that you can be forced into certain situations. If you know Russia, any hotel that Trump is likely to stay at on a visit is wired to the hilt.

That is pretty much the classic definition of an intelligence asset. It wasn't a relationship that really had to be sought after by either party. You just find yourself there.

And this would appear (based on the dearth of info coming out of the Muller investigation so far) that it is precisely the scenario that the SCO is investigating.

You simply have to understand the mindset of Putin and how much he hates the U.S. (still blames Reagan and the Republican party for killing the USSR) and is looking to right a wrong.
Sam's option sounds legit
Yours sounds absolutely batshit crazy....especially since there is NO evidence for what you are implying but hey, go on with your delusional self!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any opinion piece

But it is recognized as an opinion piece and isn't trying to pass itself off as news.

If the spooks can find Osama bin Laden in a hole in the ground in Pakistan, they should certainly be able to find out if a high profile American is a Russian spy. And it shouldn't take over two years. And they wouldn't have waited to start investigating it until the second he was elected President.

Anyone who still thinks Trump is a Russian agent is beyond stupid and I really just can't.

TCROW

But it is recognized as an opinion piece and isn't trying to pass itself off as news.

If the spooks can find Osama bin Laden in a hole in the ground in Pakistan, they should certainly be able to find out if a high profile American is a Russian spy. And it shouldn't take over two years. And they wouldn't have waited to start investigating it until the second he was elected President.

Anyone who still thinks Trump is a Russian agent is beyond stupid and I really just can't.

As far as I’m aware you’re not the gatekeeper on how long it “should” take. I might have missed the memo though. He’ll be done when he’s done. It’s that simple.

If you’re so confident in your conclusions, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time in the catbird seat.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As far as I’m aware you’re not the gatekeeper on how long it “should” take. I might have missed the memo though. He’ll be done when he’s done. It’s that simple.

Yeah yeah :bigwhoop:

One would think a US President who is a covert Russian agent would be the #1 priority of our intel community. No dicking around sexting each other and writing books about it - they should put all their resources into investigating it and removing him from office.

Note that they haven't done that.

They - the investigators - talk a lot on TV and social media about removing Trump from office, but there have been no actual steps to compile evidence to do so. Senate Intelligence Committee - what the hell are these people doing blathering on camera while we have an honest to god Russian spy in our White House????

It's bullshit. Sorry for your luck. Better luck next time. Work through your stages of grief and move on with your life.

If you’re so confident in your conclusions, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time in the catbird seat.

I don't even know what that means.

TCROW

They - the investigators - talk a lot on TV and social media about removing Trump from office, but there have been no actual steps to compile evidence to do so. Senate Intelligence Committee - what the hell are these people doing blathering on camera while we have an honest to god Russian spy in our White House????

The "investigators" have been on TV, have they? I might have missed, who from the SCO has been on TV?

Senate Intelligence Committee? Good lord, they don't have any authority. One guy gave an opinion the other week.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "investigators" have been on TV, have they? I might have missed, who from the SCO has been on TV?

Senate Intelligence Committee? Good lord, they don't have any authority. One guy gave an opinion the other week.

So your handlers just flat don't give you ANY news.

If you watched Fox you'd have seen them pretty much every day. But I'll give you a hint:

Who is the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee?

TCROW

So your handlers just flat don't give you ANY news.

If you watched Fox you'd have seen them pretty much every day. But I'll give you a hint:

Who is the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee?

Adam Schiff is from the SCO, is he? Good to know!

SamSpade

One would think a US President who is a covert Russian agent would be the #1 priority of our intel community.

No kidding. And it would be the most important item in our news - an honest to God Manchurian candidate who won because the Russians threw the election to him - or otherwise groomed him so excellently the people overwhelmingly picked him. If that's the case, they not only did a dreadful job, they're not getting their money's worth.

But in fact, the Russians did not "throw" the election - at the very best, they made the most meager effort imaginable, and it paled in comparison to almost every other group out there. Geez, even the Sierra Club outspent the Russians.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll try again: who from the SCO has been on the news?

And PS, now I'm positive you are MR's MPD because I didn't even mention the SCO. Not once. I specifically said our "intelligence community". YOU are the one who apparently took that to mean "Mueller's office" even though he is not a member of our intelligence community.

And on that note, I'm bored with you. Ta ta!

TCROW

And PS, now I'm positive you are MR's MPD because I didn't even mention the SCO. Not once. I specifically said our "intelligence community". YOU are the one who apparently took that to mean "Mueller's office" even though he is not a member of our intelligence community.

Here was your statement:

"They - the investigators - talk a lot on TV and social media about removing Trump from office"

I asked about SCO because it is they who are the "investigators". So who from the SCO has been "talking a lot on TV and social media"?

It's your statement, I am asking more about it.