TRUMP MUST BE A RUSSIAN AGENT; THE ALTERNATIVE IS TOO AWFUL

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Indeed. And the fact is that Strzok is not with the SCO. You said so yourself.
No I didn’t, but you win....
258EFE1E-58FD-45FC-B0CB-6ACD0C2C0F0F.jpeg

TCROW

TCROW

Now I am positive that you are Midnightrider's MPD. Shouldn't you be finding one of his posts so you can agree with yourself?

You said that “investigators” were on TV (SCO is the only investigation that matters) so your implication was that multiple “investigators” were on TV doing as you describe. Furthermore, current investigators was implied. Had you meant former investigators, you would have said just that.

So let’s have it: what investigators have been doing as you describe?

TCROW

I think when they SAY agent, they're more closely aligned with the idea that he is more Manchurian candidate than anything else - that he is operating on their behalf. And if that is the case, they sure wasted their money, didn't they? Trump is arming the Ukrainians, opposing the Russians in the Middle East and may yet trigger another arms race - as opposed to the treatment he got from his predecessor who set a red line and did nothing, failed to arm the Poles and Ukraine and gave away the Crimean peninsula without a blink, not to mention abandoning Georgia.

If the Russians have some kind of leverage over him, they're really wasting their efforts - unless they actually don't have any.

I rather think it's too soon to say.

As Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai answered the question of what he thought was the significance of the French Revolution: "It's too soon to tell." Ultimately, any perceived ill effects of these actions, if presumed not in our best interest, might not be known for generations. Even genuinely positive actions by Trump will have some immediately obvious effects, but can have longer-term ill effects which may not be known or even predictable now.

Ukraine: Yes, we're arming, but to what end? Putin is expanding there in response. So: just continued escalation from both sides? Putin's expansion plans will continue regardless. His problem now is with NATO as their encroachment is seen as a real threat to Russian security, as a buffer zone on her borders is a central piece of of their foreign policy. As has been the case since the German invasion in 1941. Also, rhetoric out of Donbass seems to grow more bellicose, almost on cue. As the US and Ukraine were doing joint fighter exercises and the Javelin anti-tanks systems were being rolled out, there was talk of Putin putting forces in Donbass (you know, just for "security" because of all that bellicose rhetoric), which would surely get separatists fighting them again. I'd think that was just saber rattling to use as a bit of an insurance.

Syria: Like Ukraine, this situation is equally a sign of rising tension between U.S. and Russian Federation. But the difference is that there is no NATO involved and when they intervened in the Mid East it was a sign that they were to be taken seriously on the global stage and not just regionally. So a much different dynamic. They showed the world they were willing to use military force to achieve their foreign policy objectives. So while I think that Trump's Syrian withdrawal may be seen as positive through a fairly myopic lens, this is precisely what Russia wanted. Nope, doesn't mean he's a puppet, but at the same time you can't look at the arming he's doing in Ukraine and claim, "See! how could he be a Russian puppet when he's acting against Russia here in Ukraine?" as if that's some sort of gotcha. I will wait for the only report that matters, but I am certain it will be heavily redacted. So there will be more questions than answers I am sure.

So: really too soon to say how all this will work out, as it's all very complicated, this geopolitical thing. Check back in 50 years. Just looked at the calendar, and I'll be dead.

This_person

Any opinion piece that offers a false choice in the headline can and should be safely ignored.

Another option is that that he got in over his head without realizing it. I see "Russian agent" thrown around a lot, but I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that he knocked on Putin's front door and asked to be a double agent.

I think the options from the OP and you are not even close to the only options.

I think the single highest-likelihood option is that he is not a Russian agent (as there's simply nothing to suggest that he is and a lot to suggest that he is not), that he is not a "useful idiot" as there is nothing to suggest that he is and a lot to suggest that he is not, that he is not in over his head without realizing it as there is very little to suggest that he is and a lot to suggest that he is not, and he is simply a president who does things in a very different way than the establishment would have things done. That really seems the highest-likelihood option.

So, why the "Russian collusion" story? As we know, that was cooked up by Podesta and Mook:
The book "Shattered" by liberal Jonathan Allen who is a Politico editor and Amy Parnes who writes for the left-leaning The Hill said:
That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.

SamSpade

I rather think it's too soon to say.

As Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai answered the question of what he thought was the significance of the French Revolution: "It's too soon to tell."

You realize that -according to Charles Freeman (who was present) and others - Zhou Enlai was referring to the student riots of 1968, and not the one in 1789. He wasn't being philosophical or God forbid, funny in an Oscar Wilde kind of way. It just didn't translate well.

I don't know the long game either - but I do know that the way Trump is going, he certainly doesn't appear to be doing anything the Russians want him to do. In Ukraine alone, thousands of Russians have been killed, and thousands more wounded. I don't think Putin has a crystal ball.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and it paled in comparison to almost every other group out there. Geez, even the Sierra Club outspent the Russians.

12 trolls from the Internet Research Agency and the GRU with 2 million to by Facebook advertisements were a greater influence than 2 billion spent by Candidates, by Candidates parties, and on behalf of Candidates at the National, State and Local levels

The GRU and $ 2 Million Dollars and 12 Trolls From Minsk as the Internet Research Agency

vs

1 or 2 billion dollars spent by Candidate Campaigns, Candidate Parties - Nationally, State and Locally on behalf of Candidates

2 million dollars is a rounding error