Trump News

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Haberman says Trump indictment ‘likely’ but blabbermouth jury forewoman could be a boon for his lawyers

Haberman also said on Wednesday morning’s edition of “CNN This Morning” that she believes Trump will be indicted but pointed out this is a fact-finding grand jury, not a charging grand jury. There’s a big difference. In the end, many believe this will go nowhere but it doesn’t stop desperate leftists from crossing their fingers and fervently praying that somehow, someway the former president will be charged over something.

The CNN analyst also told co-anchors Don Lemon and Poppy Harlow that Kohrs is not helping matters concerning the indictment and may be providing ammo for Trump’s attorneys to claim there is bias on the jury.

A portion of the report that came from Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ grand jury investigation of Trump’s alleged effort to overturn election results in Georgia was released last week. Kohrs is evidently looking for her 15 minutes of fame and decided to go on a media blitz Tuesday. One that most people didn’t even notice or take any stock in.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Lawyers for GOP Witnesses in GA Grand Jury Investigation Prepping to Quash Possible Indictments After Foreperson's Media Tour

Now, why CBS News would learn this before a more conservative site is anyone’s guess, but it’s not a surprising turn of events. Lisa Rubin, attorney and MSNBC legal analyst notes, Georgia special grand juries are investigative and not charging bodies, and that Georgia law favors disclosure of state grand jury proceedings, so any motion to quash an indictment isn’t likely to succeed. But still, Kohrs’ comments are definitely not a good look for the Fulton County DA’s office and won’t play well to a jury.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Grand Jury Forewoman In Trump Case Goes On Bizarre Media Tour, Panicking Left

“I wanted to hear from the former president, but honestly, I kind of wanted to subpoena the former president… And I thought it would be really cool to get 60 seconds with president trump, of me looking at him and being like, ‘Do you solemnly swear?’ … I kind of just thought that would be an awesome moment,” she said.

On CNN, she said that because she has spent so much time on the case, she would “be sad if nothing happens” to Trump.

“I will be sad if nothing happens. That’s about my only request there, is for something to happen … I will be frustrated if nothing happens. This was too much information, too much of my time, too much of everyone’s time,” Kohrs said.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
her twitter is full of witchcraft apparently
Which deviates badly from the original Anglo-Saxon meaning. A wizard or witch was a Wise person, who was looked to for their knowledge, experience and problem solving ability. The ancient AnSax "legislative" assembly was called a Witan, a Council of the Wise.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I didn't know members of a Grand Jury can just go out and talk to the press/public about their goings on. Georgia must have some different rules.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Grand Jury Foreperson for the 2020 Election Probe in GA Said the Quiet Part Out Loud

If there’s one woman who might have torpedoed the 2020 election interference probe in Georgia, look no further than its foreperson, Emily Kohrs. Given how nothing is shocking anymore, I’m glad I wasn’t the only person who came away thinking I was on crazy pills watching this woman spill critical details about the case. From ice cream parties with Georgia prosecutors to admissions that members of the grand jury were ignorant or dismissive of one invoking their constitutional right against self-incrimination. Kohrs’ media tour was so outrageous that even CNN was aghast about what this woman said on live television. Host Anderson Cooper was dumbfounded, with legal analysts torching Kohrs’ reckless behavior.

Even apolitical figures within the media, like Willie Geist, were not receptive to Kohrs’ all but botching this investigation, despite it being a clown town from the outset. To make matters worse, Kohrs did this media blitz when it was announced that the grand jury had recommended numerous people be indicted. That next step, legitimate or not, might not be possible given this public relations fiasco (via Fox News):

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge overseeing Trump Georgia grand jury speaks after foreperson's controversial interviews

"I explained you don't talk about what the group discussed about the witnesses' testimony, but you can talk about witness testimony," he said. "You could talk about things that the assistant district attorneys told you. ... And then finally, you can talk about the final report because that is the product of your deliberations, but it's not your deliberations."

Last week, the grand jury foreperson, Emily Kohrs, gave interviews to news outlets regarding her work as a juror, including confirming that the panel had recommended indictments against multiple people.

Kohrs also gave details on testimony from former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham and others in Trump's orbit.

Kohrs' statements sparked criticism from some, including Trump's lawyers, who argued in an interview over the weekend that the investigation "has been compromised" and "if any indictments were to come down, those are faulty indictments."

McBurney, however, emphasized that the special grand jury was essentially investigative and did not have the ability to bring indictments.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI Agents Did Not Want to Raid Mar-a-Lago

While this is a solid report from the leftist WaPo, they couldn’t resist getting in a little dig at those who have questioned the Justice Department:

The FBI agents’ caution also was rooted in the fact that mistakes in prior probes of Hillary Clinton and Trump had proved damaging to the FBI, and the cases subjected the bureau to sustained public attacks from partisans, the people said. [Emphasis mine.]

What nonsense. The FBI was criticized by both sides during those debacles—Hillary almost had a coronary in 2016 over then-FBI Director James Comey’s handling of her illegal server which contained classified information. Yet, her home was never raided, and she never faced charges. It doesn’t take a partisan to point out that there seem to be two systems of justice at play here.

The tensions between prosecutors and FBI agents simmered all summer and came to a head in a meeting about a week before the raid

Steven M. D’Antuono, then the head of the FBI Washington field office, which was running the investigation, was adamant the FBI should not do a surprise search, according to the people.
D’Antuono said he would agree to lead such a raid only if he were ordered to, according to two of the people.

But Jay Bratt, the prosecutor leading the department’s counterespionage work, wasn’t swayed:

Tempers ran high in the meeting. Bratt raised his voice at times and stressed to the FBI agents that the time for trusting Trump and his lawyer was over, some of the people said.

As we all know, the FBI’s concerns fell on deaf ears, and the raid went ahead as planned. The fact that there was such internal division within the DOJ shows that the surprise offensive was always politicized and heavy-handed. Merrick Garland has repeatedly shown in his term that he values politics over justice, and he will continue to act that way till he’s called to account.