Trump pays $2 million to settle abuse of charities case

Stjohns3269

“Not only has the Trump Foundation shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain," James said in a statement.

The lawsuit filed in June 2018 accused Trump and his three eldest children of using the Donald J. Trump Foundation to boost Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, settle legal disputes and for the purchase of sports paraphernalia, among other items.
Last month, a judge ordered Trump to pay $2 million in damages. James' office had originally pushed for $2.8 million in restitution and a $5.6 million penalty. As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations and restrictions on future charitable work.”

How embarrassing for our country and for people who still support this crime syndicate

Stjohns3269

You mean the President you voted for and helped put in office????

lololololololololol....

Yeah. I unfortunately I’m not physic so I wasn’t aware of this settlement 3 years ago

Or the fact that he jumped right into the swamp and became part of it.
Or that he tried to bribe Ukraine.

He didn’t mention any of that during his candidacy for some reason.

This_person

Yeah. I unfortunately I’m not physic so I wasn’t aware of this settlement 3 years ago

I wonder why not...those things are all as true then as now.

black dog

Free America

You voted for a Republican.... Thats funny Sh!t right there

Stjohns3269

I wonder why not...those things are all as true then as now.

So you deny he acted criminally and had to pay a $2 million fine and is restricted from running a charity despite a Fox News article which lays out all the details above.

And you claim to be a neutral judge of Trumps behavior.

What a joke

Stjohns3269

Can you show me where Trump admitted what James says Trump admitted?

“As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations and restrictions on future charitable work.”

Why is it that you can find the most tenuous thread and attaché it to criminal behavior in some people but when shown over and over again that Trump has done something you must be told by Trump personally?

How do you sleep at night and then lecture others about being ethically consistent?

This_person

“As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations and restrictions on future charitable work.”
I read the quote from James.

So, can you show me the exact wording of this "admitted to" Trump did?

Stjohns3269

I read the quote from James.

So, can you show me the exact wording of this "admitted to" Trump did?

Jesus Christ.
Why can you not click links or do any research for yourself when it comes to Trump yet you can follow obscure conspiracy theories to the ends of the earth of someone even whispers Hillary Clinton?

“Additionally, as part of the settlement, Trump was required to agree to 19 admissions, acknowledging his personal misuse of funds at the Trump Foundation, and agreed to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General, in the event he creates a new charity. The settlement also included mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, which the three children have already undergone. Finally, the settlement required the Trump Foundation to shutter its doors last December and dissolve under court supervision.”

This_person

Jesus Christ.
Why can you not click links or do any research for yourself when it comes to Trump yet you can follow obscure conspiracy theories to the ends of the earth of someone even whispers Hillary Clinton?

“Additionally, as part of the settlement, Trump was required to agree to 19 admissions, acknowledging his personal misuse of funds at the Trump Foundation, and agreed to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General, in the event he creates a new charity. The settlement also included mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, which the three children have already undergone. Finally, the settlement required the Trump Foundation to shutter its doors last December and dissolve under court supervision.”

So, where did Trump admit to criminal activity?

I read the stipulations, and none of them say that.

Stjohns3269

So, where did Trump admit to criminal activity?

I read the stipulations, and none of them say that.

At this point ignorance is not an excuse

Do you not understand this was a settlement in agreement to not prosecute criminally?

Trump agreed to those 19 admissions and paid the fine and closed his charity and agreed to never open another charity without proper oversight. While his children had to under go training.

That is the admission.

Again, why do you insist Trump personally tell you “I am a criminal “ before you believe it yet you say in the same breath Obama and Clinton are criminals with none of the same proof shown of Trump.

Your behavior is the definition of hypocrisy.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This story is really old. It had something to do with Trump purchasing an American flag and pole to put somewhere. The crying, flailing, and wailing is going to get worse. It is interesting, and scary to watch people fight against the most wonderful country in the World. I guess some don’t appreciate what they have, and, most certainly, will lose it all, if they support leapfrogs (liberal hypocrites who want all the power for ever and ever). God bless the USA.

Reactions: BOP

Stjohns3269

This story is really old. It had something to do with Trump purchasing an American flag and pole to put somewhere. The crying, flailing, and wailing is going to get worse. It is interesting, and scary to watch people fight against the most wonderful country in the World. I guess some don’t appreciate what they have, and, most certainly, will lose it all, if they support leapfrogs (liberal hypocrites who want all the power for ever and ever). God bless the USA.

Are you drunk? He just made the payment today. But no matter when the story is from Trump took money from veterans charities for his own use.

that is what you are defending and then claiming to support the troops.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Are you drunk? He just made the payment today. But no matter when the story is from Trump took money from veterans charities for his own use.

that is what you are defending and then claiming to support the troops.

This why I don’t pay attention to you. I say something you don’t like, and you ask me if I am drunk. I am drunk on saving our Country from people like you. I have read in some of your posts that you accuse others of being rude and vile. Practice what you preach, hypocrite. Hello? You’re welcome.

Reactions: BOP

This_person

Do you not understand this was a settlement in agreement to not prosecute criminally?

Where was that stipulation? Can you show me which of the things are criminal?

Trump agreed to those 19 admissions and paid the fine and closed his charity and agreed to never open another charity without proper oversight. While his children had to under go training.

And, the 19 admissions?
  1. Trump will pay for some stuff.
  2. Trump will agree on how to settle stuff later, if needed
  3. Trump Foundation will disburse funds.
  4. Trump has ways to be part of charitable organizations in the future.
  5. Publication requirements for the Trump Foundation are waived.
  6. The Foundation Trump was already dissolving will be dissolved.
  7. The AG makes accusations. The AG characterizes those accusations as serious.
  8. These stipulations do not and shall not be construed to be an admission of liability.
  9. The AG will withdraw and dismiss any other claims.
  10. The lawyers are signing with the consent of their clients.
  11. The lawyers can use faxes.
  12. The judge has jurisdiction.
  13. If either side screws up, the other side can fight it.

Those 13 things are the 19 admissions to which you refer. How do I know? Because right before them it says this: Without admitting or denying any of the AG's findings except those stipulated below, the respondents, while neither admitting nor denying any alleged violation of law, have nonetheless cooperated and continue to cooperate with the AG...

So, they don't admit or deny any violation of law. That kind of makes the claim of admitting a violation of law sort of a lie, doesn't it?

Stjohns3269

Where was that stipulation? Can you show me which of the things are criminal?

And, the 19 admissions?
  1. Trump will pay for some stuff.
  2. Trump will agree on how to settle stuff later, if needed
  3. Trump Foundation will disburse funds.
  4. Trump has ways to be part of charitable organizations in the future.
  5. Publication requirements for the Trump Foundation are waived.
  6. The Foundation Trump was already dissolving will be dissolved.
  7. The AG makes accusations. The AG characterizes those accusations as serious.
  8. These stipulations do not and shall not be construed to be an admission of liability.
  9. The AG will withdraw and dismiss any other claims.
  10. The lawyers are signing with the consent of their clients.
  11. The lawyers can use faxes.
  12. The judge has jurisdiction.
  13. If either side screws up, the other side can fight it.
Those 13 things are the 19 admissions to which you refer. How do I know? Because right before them it says this: Without admitting or denying any of the AG's findings except those stipulated below, the respondents, while neither admitting nor denying any alleged violation of law, have nonetheless cooperated and continue to cooperate with the AG...

So, they don't admit or deny any violation of law. That kind of makes the claim of admitting a violation of law sort of a lie, doesn't it?

So you believe Trump closed his charity, disbursed all the remaining funds , agreed not to run another charity and his children took education classes on how to properly runCharity for what exactly?

For Kicks?

for Fun?

and then days ago you claimed Obama had faked his Birth certificate?

You are a waste of time and typical of a brain dead cultist. There is literally nothing that can shake you out of your fervor for Trump and you can’t even bring yourself to agree he has broken the law with regards to his charity when faced with the settlement agreement.

God speed hypocrite

Stjohns3269

This why I don’t pay attention to you. I say something you don’t like, and you ask me if I am drunk. I am drunk on saving our Country from people like you. I have read in some of your posts that you accuse others of being rude and vile. Practice what you preach, hypocrite. Hello? You’re welcome.

You just dismissed illegal behavior as old news. Why would you want your president to practice illegal behavior old or new?
How is that an excuse?

You would have to be drunk to think that was reasonable.

littlelady

God bless the USA
So you believe Trump closed his charity, disbursed all the remaining funds , agreed not to run another charity and his children took education classes on how to properly runCharity for what exactly?

For Kicks?

for Fun?

and then days ago you claimed Obama had faked his Birth certificate?

You are a waste of time and typical of a brain dead cultist. There is literally nothing that can shake you out of your fervor for Trump and you can’t even bring yourself to agree he has broken the law with regards to his charity when faced with the settlement agreement.

God speed hypocrite

TP is one of the most tuned in members of this forum. I don’t even have to read his posts to know he has one upped ya. Btw, do you own a mirror? Probably not, and if you do, you only see yourself.