Trump poses smiling and Thumbs up with orphan of couple killed in El Paso

Sapidus

Jesus christ what is wrong with this man?

Does
he have no common sense?

Not only that the baby had been discharged and was brought back just for this photo op.

To pose happily with a child who's parents were killed because of your racist rhetoric?

The world continues to laugh at us.

Also guess which one is the immigrant with the anchor baby in this photo

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Yea, that was weird. Using a kid whose parents died (the kid's hand was broken from the mother falling on him) is sadistic and something a lifetime politician would do. Not someone trying to drain the swamp of this sort of behavior.

We all know why though. The Uncle (to the left) says the kid's parents were Trump supporters.

It's a shame that Trump seemingly doesn't know optics and how his actions are perceived. It's one thing if you're starring on a TV show. It's another when you're the President (not that anyone actually cares anymore).

I'm sure the responses in this thread will be well-thought out and respectful though.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Jesus christ what is wrong with this man?
First, the "C" is usually capitalized. Second, there is nothing wrong with JC.

Third, why are you so utterly tiresome? Like rust, you never stop. Never anything constructive; always whining. A blast at parties, no doubt.

Yea, that was weird. Using a kid whose parents died (the kid's hand was broken from the mother falling on him) is sadistic and something a lifetime politician would do. Not someone trying to drain the swamp of this sort of behavior.

We all know why though. The Uncle (to the left) says the kid's parents were Trump supporters.

It's a shame that Trump seemingly doesn't know optics and how his actions are perceived. It's one thing if you're starring on a TV show. It's another when you're the President (not that anyone actually cares anymore).

I'm sure the responses in this thread will be well-thought out and respectful though.
We also know, from just the OP's photo, absolutely nothing of the context. No video link, no context explanation, just a photo. And it being just a photo all it does is provide the OP an opportunity to gripe and whinge.

For all we know (from the picture) Trump could have been responding to the improved condition of one of the victims. Or giving a hand gesture to answer the question of the spirits of those whom he was visiting.

I guess the solution is that we should all just keep our hands in our pockets, eh? Or at least until someone comes up with a reason to complain about that?

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

We also know, from just the OP's photo, absolutely nothing of the context. No video link, no context explanation, just a photo. And it being just a photo all it does is provide the OP an opportunity to gripe and whinge.

For all we know (from the picture) Trump could have been responding to the improved condition of one of the victims. Or giving a hand gesture to answer the question of the spirits of those whom he was visiting.

I guess the solution is that we should all just keep our hands in our pockets, eh? Or at least until someone comes up with a reason to complain about that?

--- End of line (MCP)

It's true the OP didn't provide anything. I based my comment off a news story on it.

The infant’s adoptive parents, Andre and Jordan Anchondo, were both killed in the supermarket massacre, while he himself suffered broken bones when Ms Anchondo fell on the child to shield him from further bullets.

But when the baby, called Paul, was brought to the US president at the University Medical Centre of El Paso, the 73-year-old appeared untouched by the child’s tragic plight. Both he and first lady Melania smiled for cameras, while the commander-in-chief also threw in a thumbs-up.
All eight adult patients who were still at the medical centre refused to meet Mr Trump, The Washington Post reported.
Speaking to NPR radio, Tito Anchondo, the child’s uncle, and brother of Andre Anchondo, said: “I think people are misconstruing President Trump’s ideas. My brother was very supportive of Trump.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-hospital-parents-mass-shooting-a9049086.html

I have a hard time coming up with a justification to be grinning and thumbs upping while holding a baby whose parents were just killed.

All the people in the photo are posing. This isn't some random picture taken. This was a calculated photo, along with the campaign video he posted when he left.

But hey, perhaps he was doing the same thing during the other photos taken.

Yooper

It's true the OP didn't provide anything. I based my comment off a news story on it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-hospital-parents-mass-shooting-a9049086.html

I have a hard time coming up with a justification to be grinning and thumbs upping while holding a baby whose parents were just killed.

All the people in the photo are posing. This isn't some random picture taken. This was a calculated photo, along with the campaign video he posted when he left.

But hey, perhaps he was doing the same thing during the other photos taken.

Whether or not I agree with you (or would agree with you) is irrelevant. My point was that what you posted is what the OP should have posted. And then a conversation can (or hope of one could) begin.

Thank you for posting. I truly do appreciate it

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Cheers.

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

Whether or not I agree with you (or would agree with you) is irrelevant. My point was that what you posted is what the OP should have posted. And then a conversation can (or hope of one could) begin.

--- End of line (MCP)

It's Sapidus. No conversation ever exists in their threads. Just a page of bashing the OP

You have a great one as well. :buddies:

transporter

--- End of line (MCP)

Really??? You had to have that explained to you???

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Hank

my war
Ahhhh.... The ole child political prop that so many forum members have issue with, or I guess "used to have issue with", now...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Third, why are you so utterly tiresome? Like rust, you never stop. Never anything constructive; always whining. A blast at parties, no doubt.

Well that all of the lefties who fly in like sea gulls

Hijinx

Maybe he is smiling and giving a thumbs up because the child was lucky enough to be alive.

Sapidus

--- End of line (MCP)

Most informed citizens are aware of the circumstances surrounding the photo by now.

If you are not paying attention that is your faukt

There is no reason to smile next to an orphaned child who’s parents your rhetoric helped to kill

Yooper

Most informed citizens are aware of the circumstances surrounding the photo by now.

If you are not paying attention that is your faukt

There is no reason to smile next to an orphaned child who’s parents your rhetoric helped to kill
Punctuation, spelling, grammar, and assumption issues aside..., wishing you a wonderful weekend, too.

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Any time ole Sappy gets his panties in a wad, it’s a good time. The more distress the better...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Found this on Snopes:

"The man pictured to the left of the president is the baby’s uncle, who told the El Paso Times that his brother was “a big Trump supporter,” and that the uncle wanted Trump “to know our family stands with the president.” For that reason, the baby, who had been discharged earlier according to hospital officials, was returned for the president’s visit and captured in the photo."

But, why let context get in the way when you can just knee-jerk to your default - hate Trump.

Chris0nllyn

Found this on Snopes:

"The man pictured to the left of the president is the baby’s uncle, who told the El Paso Times that his brother was “a big Trump supporter,” and that the uncle wanted Trump “to know our family stands with the president.” For that reason, the baby, who had been discharged earlier according to hospital officials, was returned for the president’s visit and captured in the photo."

But, why let context get in the way when you can just knee-jerk to your default - hate Trump.

That was mentioned in the second post and, IMO, changes nothing.

Trump still stood there, smiled, and raised his thumb while Melania held a child that was brought back to the hospital after being discharged for a broken hand after his mother was shot and fell on him.