Trump said he doesn't know Whitaker

Chris0nllyn

"I didn't speak to Matt Whitaker about it. I don't know Matt Whitaker," Trump told reporters at the White House before leaving for a trip to Paris

In an October 11 interview with Fox News, Trump said "I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy. I mean, I know Matt Whitaker."

"Don’t tell me about Whitaker, because Mueller was not Senate confirmed, and Whitaker was, actually," the president said.

The special counsel's office is not subject to Senate confirmation, while the attorney general is. Mueller was also unanimously confirmed by the Senate as FBI director in 2001 and in 2011.

The Senate confirmed Whitaker in 2004 as a U.S. attorney in Iowa, but he left that post in 2009.

Before joining the Justice Department, Whitaker was an outspoken critic of Mueller's investigation and many Democrats and some legal scholars have argued he should recuse himself from leading the probe.

Whitaker last year claimed there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia's interference efforts in the 2016 election, which is the central question of the Mueller probe.

Whitaker has also said he believes Mueller has exceeded the investigation's approved scope and publicly mused about ways he could impede it, including cutting off funding.
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ave-not-spoken-to-whitaker-about-russia-probe

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good grief. Trump does that "steps on his own foot" too often...

I'll be glad when the permanent AG appointment is made and this shiny object goes away.

SamSpade

Good grief. Trump does that "steps on his own foot" too often...

Every once in a while - I wish we had a politician instead of a businessman.
I personally know far too many people who run off at the mouth and say dumb stuff.

On the other hand, I have no patience with practiced politicians who know how to give an answer that is
both politically correct and completely meaningless.

I don't give a #### if he's said in the past he does or does not know the man who worked for Jeff Sessions.
I think it's almost a given that anyone that's worked in the Trump administration for the past two years almost
certainly can see the Russian collusion story is bull####.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't give a #### if he's said in the past he does or does not know the man who worked for Jeff Sessions.

There is that...the simple fact that people clutch their pearls so vigorously about things like that that absolutely don't matter squat.

Hijinx

I personally know far too many people who run off at the mouth and say dumb stuff.

On the other hand, I have no patience with practiced politicians who know how to give an answer that is

I think it's almost a given that anyone that's worked in the Trump administration for the past two years almost
certainly can see the Russian collusion story is bull####.

The only ones who cannot see it are those who do not want to see it.
They look the other way about Uranium sales by Hillary and Obama but see Trump as colluding. Dumb asses.

Chris0nllyn

The only ones who cannot see it are those who do not want to see it.
They look the other way about Uranium sales by Hillary and Obama but see Trump as colluding. Dumb asses.

Curious. Do you just repeat the same lines that have been proven demonstrably false while calling others dumb?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
wow .... :shocking:

Trump Knows OF Whitaker .... he does not 'KNOW' Whitaker

is English really that ####ing difficult

Hijinx

Curious. Do you just repeat the same lines that have been proven demonstrably false while calling others dumb?

You mean Hillary and Obama had nothing to do with selling uranium to the Russians, and they didn't send her a check for her Foundation?
I guess they didn't pay Bubba $500,000 dollars for a speech either.

Sorry Maybe I was mistaken. You wouldn't happen to be one of those who cannot see that the collusion story was Bullsheit would you?

Grumpy

Pay attention to the other hand, if more people would, this country wouldn't be so effed up.

SamSpade

Maybe he meant he didn't know him in the biblical sense.

Who knows? I know people - sort of - but don't KNOW them.
As in, I know my niece's husband - but - no I don't really know him other than he's a good guy.

But I love how the left just loses it over this kind of stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I never do.

I liken it to buying a car: I'd rather have the guy who is a little fumbling but is trustworthy than the slick salesviper who I know is going to bend me over. People fall for slick talkers every day, and continue to worship them even after they realize they've been conned - this is why politicians do it, because it works. But I hate that and the first thing anyone can do to make me reject them is try to hustle me and insult my intelligence with "You're looking lovely today, Mrs. Cleaver" bull####.

I didn't vote for Trump to slick talk me and give me the feels, nor did I vote for him to be my bestie. I voted for him to lead the country, and so far I'm happy with that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe he meant he didn't know him in the biblical sense.

I think Trump knows that no matter what he says, the progpress is going to lose their hivemind and start picking it apart. So he doesn't worry about it anymore and just says what he says. My take on his comments is that he knows who Whitaker is, but they aren't personal friends who go way back. So on one hand, he knows him; on the other hand, he doesn't.

Either way, I'm not worried about it.