Trump to (maybe) end joint military exercises with South Korea

PeoplesElbow

What exactly does stopping join exercises do?

The reason we do this in the first place is to show off our muscle. I would say that they achieved their intended result, they made that fat turd stop and think "Hmm maybe me being a loud mouthed #### wasn't the best course of action".

BOP

Carrots? That is your explanation why Trump gave away everything NORK wanted and got nothing in return?

Trump didn't consult with S Korea (you know OUR ALLIES!!!). Trump didn't consult with the Pentagon. Trump obviously wasn't prepared. He just walked in, dropped his pants and bent over.

"Great Negotiator"! For who? Russia and China? Christ, why didn't Trump just hand over the title to all the ships in the Pacific Fleet?

He wants to stop "wargames" (note the NORK terminology...not OUR terminology) because it will "save money"?!?! 10 days ago this buffoon is at a rally proclaiming how he and HE ALONE got the defense budget up to $700B! Now he is going to purposefully degrade the readiness of our troops to save money?? WTF! Love to hear all you "Patriots" rationalize that one away.

Trump is a moron...he has no skills for the job...he has no idea what he is doing---or if he does he sure as sh!t isn't operating in the best interests of the US or our actual allies.

Of course in 24-48 hours, Trump will begin his patented denials that he ever offered anyone, anything at anytime in his life and conclude every question with "We'll see."

The whole world knows Trump got played. Only Fox News and the cultists think he scored a 10! (The happy smiley crew on Fox this morning was something to watch.)

:killingme

Bless your little, ol', pea-pickin' heart, darlin'! You're just so precious!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Just carrots, I'd say. Symbolic gestures. The exercises can be put right back on schedule if progress on the negotiations isn't made.

Those American military stationed in South Korea knew (or should have known) that their function was to be a speed bump should the North invade.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You know, all this guy wants is to be recognized as a national leader, which he is. Obama was such a condescending little #### who thinks the only important person on the face of the earth is him. Trump met with Kim, treated him with respect, and I'm pretty sure that will go a lot further than Barry's half-assed threats and bribes.

This is actually quite a huge deal, and it's amusing to see the sour grapes from the Left. Trump has shown himself to be a statesman, and it galls their ass. :lol:
:yeahthat:

#schadenfreude

Hijinx

:yeahthat:

#schadenfreude

Except for a few tweets that weren't really necessary, Trump hasn't done anything in his Presidency that has disturbed me.
So far he is keeping his promises and doing what the people elected him to do.
Something most presidents do not do.
He has just about wiped out Obama's over regulations and illegal legislation,
and he has informed the world that we are no longer their whipping boy's

PsyOps

Pixelated
Carrots? That is your explanation why Trump gave away everything NORK wanted and got nothing in return?

Trump didn't consult with S Korea (you know OUR ALLIES!!!). Trump didn't consult with the Pentagon. Trump obviously wasn't prepared. He just walked in, dropped his pants and bent over.

"Great Negotiator"! For who? Russia and China? Christ, why didn't Trump just hand over the title to all the ships in the Pacific Fleet?

He wants to stop "wargames" (note the NORK terminology...not OUR terminology) because it will "save money"?!?! 10 days ago this buffoon is at a rally proclaiming how he and HE ALONE got the defense budget up to $700B! Now he is going to purposefully degrade the readiness of our troops to save money?? WTF! Love to hear all you "Patriots" rationalize that one away.

Trump is a moron...he has no skills for the job...he has no idea what he is doing---or if he does he sure as sh!t isn't operating in the best interests of the US or our actual allies.

Of course in 24-48 hours, Trump will begin his patented denials that he ever offered anyone, anything at anytime in his life and conclude every question with "We'll see."

The whole world knows Trump got played. Only Fox News and the cultists think he scored a 10! (The happy smiley crew on Fox this morning was something to watch.)

I know, right? Trump should just sit back and watch Kim develop his nukes and launching missiles over Japan, and making threats against Guam, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S.

Even better, we should have gone to war with them. Screw diplomacy! That NEVER works. I just know you were in line ready to enlist in the Marines dreaming of making landfall on the NORK coast to butcher those evil NORK Communists when this summit screwed up your plans. Damn that Trump. Look at all the jobs he destroyed of people wanting to enlist and go to war. Now we have the potential for peace in the region. And Trump might end up with a Nobel. Why does he have to #### everything up? :tantrum

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Those American military stationed in South Korea knew (or should have known) that their function was to be a speed bump should the North invade.

that was my assumption after checked the map when I arrived in 87.
I lived North of the In Jim River for 10 months @ Camp Greaves .... in range of 1000's of Artillery Pieces

were were not going to survive #### the DMZ was 1 km north out the front gate

awpitt

Main Streeter
You know, all this guy wants is to be recognized as a national leader, which he is. Obama was such a condescending little #### who thinks the only important person on the face of the earth is him. Trump met with Kim, treated him with respect, and I'm pretty sure that will go a lot further than Barry's half-assed threats and bribes.

This is actually quite a huge deal, and it's amusing to see the sour grapes from the Left. Trump has shown himself to be a statesman, and it galls their ass. :lol:

Some said that about Neville Chamberlain who met with Hitler, treated him with respect.

The point being, Trump took a great risk in doing this and I give him credit for that. He conducted himself admirably. Some of the greatest achievements through history were the result of someone taking a risk. But, in the end, only time will show if the risk being taken by Trump will ultimately be counted among the great achievements.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But, in the end, only time will show if the risk being taken by Trump will ultimately be counted among the great achievements.

And there's the rub... it just pains the left too much to admit that good could come out of this; and this not out of doubt that Kim could change, but out of complete blind hatred for Trump. When you have a liberal, unapologetically, hoping for an economic crash, and that Americans be harmed as a result, all to get Trump out of that White House, you know you are dealing with abject hatred. When you have liberals, in the midst of diplomacy - where it has never happened before - saying "#### Trump" with rounding applause, we're dealing with abject hatred. And you cannot reason with abject hatred.

I am unable to fathom such hatred. With all the :jameo: the left claims to have over bigotry, they practice it the most - and to a degree that is dangerous.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Some said that about Neville Chamberlain who met with Hitler, treated him with respect.

While at the same time, acquiescing to or downplaying Hitler's continuous string of aggressive actions and violations of earlier treaties. Trump took an entirely different approach from the outset, responding to aggressive actions and words from Un with increasingly aggressive and threatening responses. A very different "dynamic" than that between Hitler and Chamberlain.

But yeah...only time will tell if the eventual outcome is what we want. Here's something very important though: The agreement to de-nuclearize was being broadcast yesterday on Korean TV. NORTH Korean TV.....that in itself is an extraordinarily strong indicator that Kim isn't just playing patty cake here.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Just to note, Kim is hardly as competent or ambitious as Adolf, however I'd like to offer a acknowledgement for being the first Leftist I've seen use the "Hitler" label on someone other than Trump when afforded the opportunity.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just to note, Kim is hardly as competent or ambitious as Adolf, however I'd like to offer a acknowledgement for being the first Leftist I've seen use the "Hitler" label on someone other than Trump when afforded the opportunity.

Actually, not a "Leftist". More of a centrist or moderate as I hold views from both the left and the right. But I hear your acknowledgement.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
More evidence of the progress made....

Korean McDonalds.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's well-known that Kim is a big fan of American pop culture. The McDonalds meme probably isn't too far off the mark.

To be clear, we're not talking about a nice guy here. He's not "just like us". He's a dictator with a malicious disregard for human life and a lust for power. Trump isn't going to change that. What he can do is reach out, knowing what he's up against, and try to come to some agreements regarding NK's threat to the US.

We didn't hire the President to be some global peacemaker meddling in everyone's business; we hired him to advance and protect the US, period. The Left always bitches about "American imperialism" and how awful it is, then they want us to freaking invade or punish every country that does something they don't like. Mindless loons.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
To be clear, we're not talking about a nice guy here. He's not "just like us". He's a dictator with a malicious disregard for human life and a lust for power.

I don't get a sense of the "iron fisted dictator" from this guy.

More like him being a puppet to some General or something and likely to get removed one day when he is no longer of use.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't get a sense of the "iron fisted dictator" from this guy.

More like him being a puppet to some General or something and likely to get removed one day when he is no longer of use.

They can't do that. NK is a dynastic government and the Kims are considered deities.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When I read this, the first thing that came to mind was Otto Warmbier.

Not saying its a nice place, just that Kim seems like the puggie kid never picked for a game.

I really think there's someone else in NK directing and creating the misery and when they're done with him... Bang.

And you don't think Kim actually was Warmbiers torturer do you? I'd bet theres an entire sect of the NK military dedicated to that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not saying its a nice place, just that Kim seems like the puggie kid never picked for a game.

Well, he kind of is. Here's his Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un

One of the rightie magazines used to have a regular feature years ago making fun of Un's interest in western pop culture, with parodied fan letters to starlets and diary entries.

It would be pretty easy to make him a friend of the US, but nobody's ever tried before.