Trump trips up

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is signing the order to ban flavored vapes to keep kids from thinking it's candy or something equally stupid.

#1, the kids who destroyed their lungs were inhaling street vape with god only knows what in it. Why? Because you can't legally buy vape products if you are under 18.

#2, what else should we ban outright because minors find a way to get their hands on it?

Why not alcohol? I guarantee you more kids drink underage than vape or smoke. Or maybe just ban alcohol that tastes sweet or like something else? No more Fireball or flavored vodkas, ban everything except grain alcohol.

It's disappointing that Trump jumped on this.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We had the "vaping" discussion several years ago after discovering internet searches for e cigs. Somebody thought they were "cool". :rolleyes: He got over that real quick.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
#2, what else should we ban outright because minors find a way to get their hands on it?

Why not alcohol? I guarantee you more kids drink underage than vape or smoke. Or maybe just ban alcohol that tastes sweet or like something else? No more Fireball or flavored vodkas, ban everything except grain alcohol.

Being a non-drinker it might not take much of a push for him to support such. He and the Democrats could start their little prohibition program and we could do the roaring 20s all over again!

... Now where the hell did I put my violin case...

This_person

He is signing the order to ban flavored vapes to keep kids from thinking it's candy or something equally stupid.

#1, the kids who destroyed their lungs were inhaling street vape with god only knows what in it. Why? Because you can't legally buy vape products if you are under 18.

Perhaps this is the real reason there's a swamp. When one spends too much time talking about how government should "fix" things instead of IF government should "fix" things, one becomes a bit more swampy.

Auntie Biache'

Being a non-drinker it might not take much of a push for him to support such. He and the Democrats could start their little prohibition program and we could do the roaring 20s all over again!

... Now where the hell did I put my violin case...

The return of Speakeasy's.

Hijinx

Vaping is pretty stupid no matter what age the person is.
They went all out to destroy cigarette tobacco farmers and get rid of tobacco, then they brought out vaping, then it was Marijuana.
It seems no matter what is banned something will replace it.
Probably something worse than the original

We never should have stopped kids 18 and older from drinking beer and wine , but it was done.
Water over the dam.

To be honest all vapes should be banned, but that is just my opinion.

Midnightrider

#1, [B{the kids who destroyed their lungs were inhaling street vape with god only knows what in it. [/B]Why? Because you can't legally buy vape products if you are under 18.

That’s BS. Nobody is buying street grade nicotine vaps. They get them the same way kids have gotten cigarettes, have friends buy them. The black market angle is just the manufacturers trying to dodge responsibility.

I’m against the ban, but anyone who thinks constantly inhaling propylene glycol is not bad for their lungs is stupid

MiddleGround

That’s BS. Nobody is buying street grade nicotine vaps. They get them the same way kids have gotten cigarettes, have friends buy them. The black market angle is just the manufacturers trying to dodge responsibility.

I’m against the ban, but anyone who thinks constantly inhaling propylene glycol is not bad for their lungs is stupid

Both of you are kind of correct AND kind of wrong.....

The problem IS that kids are using black market vape juice without knowing what is in them. The other half is that these vape juices are being made as home-grown. Some have Vitamin E in them to use as an emulsifier and Vitamin E can be toxic if inhaled.

The biggest problem is that it took decades of research to even hear a negative thought about tobacco use and to limit its availability and places you can use it BUT, they have jumped all over vaping immediately without ANY hard evidence.

Midnightrider

Both of you are kind of correct AND kind of wrong.....

The problem IS that kids are using black market vape juice without knowing what is in them. The other half is that these vape juices are being made as home-grown. Some have Vitamin E in them to use as an emulsifier and Vitamin E can be toxic if inhaled.

The biggest problem is that it took decades of research to even hear a negative thought about tobacco use and to limit its availability and places you can use it BUT, they have jumped all over vaping immediately without ANY hard evidence.
Show me. Every teen I have seen vaping is using commercial products.
Can you show a case where someone died and it was actually linked to black market Vape juice?

MiddleGround

Show me. Every teen I have seen vaping is using commercial products.

So you have seen every single teen that has gotten sick and/or died from, what was assumed to be, vaping? You must be omnipresent!

Can you show a case where someone died and it was actually linked to black market Vape juice?

No, but one thing I also CANNOT show you is a case where it WASN'T linked as well. It is all just assumption on the part of these people. Hell, I know a cardiologist nurse that says they cannot even directly point to it. Once they find out that the people vape... that's the problem! Case closed!

transporter

Perhaps this is the real reason there's a swamp. When one spends too much time talking about how government should "fix" things instead of IF government should "fix" things, one becomes a bit more swampy.

Your typically stupid response.

You live in an odd idealistic dimension that is completely disconnected from reality.

The world really doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. No market regulates itself. No company will make a safe product if it can make a less safe product and increase profit. No consumer can make an educated choice about a purchase if the producer hides the risks of product or there are no standards of production.

Midnightrider

So you have seen every single teen that has gotten sick and/or died from, what was assumed to be, vaping? You must be omnipresent!

No, but one thing I also CANNOT show you is a case where it WASN'T linked as well. It is all just assumption on the part of these people. Hell, I know a cardiologist nurse that says they cannot even directly point to it. Once they find out that the people vape... that's the problem! Case closed!
The fact that the ‘illicit vape juice’ theory was started by the companies who produce vapes should tell you something. The fact that you can get Vape products on every corner points to there not being a need for a black market.

As I said, I think banning Vape products is dumb. As you say it hasn’t even been proven to be the cause in all cases.
That being said, there is no doubt in my mind that huffing those giant clouds of propylene glycol is bad for your lungs.

rmorse

This_person

Your typically stupid response.

You live in an odd idealistic dimension that is completely disconnected from reality.

The world really doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. No market regulates itself. No company will make a safe product if it can make a less safe product and increase profit. No consumer can make an educated choice about a purchase if the producer hides the risks of product or there are no standards of production.
Not a single thing you wrote has anything to do with my post about government overreach exemplified by banning a product

MiddleGround

That being said, there is no doubt in my mind that huffing those giant clouds of propylene glycol is bad for your lungs.

Possibly. And that is what I hinge my side of the debate on. There is no definite proof to this day. I would still like to find out exactly what these sick people were using in their vapes. I would be willing to bet that it was some home mix or something with an additive that is not found in commercial products.

I will say, and always point to, the FACT that it is much better than the tar, formaldehyde, and other TOXIC chemical that can be introduced with tobacco cigarettes.

And NO... I do not agree with people under the age of 18 using ANY of these products.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ever look at the ingredients on one of these Energy drinks they're swilling?

The label reads like a chemistry test.

People will always do harmful things to themselves.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm positive that there are no potentially harmful additives used here, and who knows how the "custom build" devices affects operations of the devices. Can you believe that they actually have competitions for this silly crap?