Trump vs. DeSantis

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do like my Governor and never really understood why Trump keeps going after him. It seems petty and counterproductive. The cultbots think it's because Trump is jealous of Heavy D and I wondered if there might be something to that.

Then I saw Paul Ryan and Jeb Bush endorsing DeSantis.....

Wait A Second Season 1 GIF by Final Space

When I see those two slimewads or any of their chohorts cheering someone on, I immediately form a negative opinion of that person. Not that Trump's judgement is so infallible - look at all the scum he thought were his "friends" and the scum he appointed to his administration - but when he expresses reservations about someone you can usually take it to the bank that person is a shitbag. Of course, pretty much everyone in DC is a shitbag, so it's impossible to fill a cabinet without some bad apples.

Anyway, I will vote for (almost) any R against any D, so it's not like I'm going to vote for Charlie Christ on Tuesday. And DeSantis is a lock for overwhelming re-election. I don't know if he wants to run for President or not, but I'll be paying attention to him in his second term.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
De Santis is the only one that can beat Trump.
That is why Trump is on his ass everyday along with WAPO and NYT.....
He believes in all the things that Trump does but can bring class and demeanor to the Presidency.

Check his Bio..

PJay

He believes in all the things that Trump does but can bring class and demeanor to the Presidency.

Check his Bio..
I disagree, people love Trump.

People when asked tonight at the rally said they want Trump, not De Sanctimonius. They want him to stay in Florida. I agree with them.

Reactions: BOP

22AcaciaAve

Check his Bio..

Agreed. DeSantis is the only one who could primary Trump and he knows it. The media is afraid of DeSantis as well. They know the polls too. DeSantis will absolutely whip Biden or any other democrat in 2024. The media loves to bash Trump, but when it comes to DeSantis, watch them try to make him the bad guy. They don't want to help Trump, but then they realize that DeSantis will be tougher to beat in 2024.

Trump has too much baggage. He will turn an easy win into a close contest. There is a small percentage of republicans who will not support him and he will not likely gain back enough of the independents he lost. There are plenty of independents who do not support Biden and will get behind DeSantis. The smart thing to do is run DeSantis with Trump continuing to rally in support of him. It will never happen because Trump needs to be the focal point, but I don't really care about Trump or his ego. I want a conservative to win and stop the progressive agenda. And I really don't care who that conservative is. I think republicans need to start thinking that way as well or they are going to blow a golden opportunity two years from now.

Hijinx

Trump Vs. DeSantis is a battle that does not need to be fought.
They should be working together.
We need them both-----------and a lot more.
Infighting is bad news and doesn't help either one.
Trumps has enough Democrats who need to be fought without picking a battle with a top Republican. If he wants to fight a republican let him fight Romney or Collins.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, the botnews is "reporting" that Daddy and Heavy D are battling, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Trump just enthusiastically endorsed him at that rally last night. And we know that the corporate media lie, so why believe them now?

No doubt they are just trying to cause division - Trump supporters vs. DeSantis supporters. Because those supporters are largely one and the same, dividing them into warring factions will benefit the fascist Democrats.

You don't have to choose - you can support BOTH Trump AND DeSantis. But the corporate media is insisting you must choose, and anyone who falls for it is a Dumbasaurus Rex.

Also - let's just get real here - many of the squishies who are singing DeSantis' praises because the media is telling them to will turn on him if directed to do so, just like they did with Trump. The corporate media will make up a few stories, take a few things out of context, make a huge deal out of something he eats, and all the "Draft Ron DeSantis" durhards will rush to tear at him because largely humans are nothing if not obedient to their masters.

Last edited:

LJ1999

Agreed. DeSantis is the only one who could primary Trump and he knows it. The media is afraid of DeSantis as well. They know the polls too. DeSantis will absolutely whip Biden or any other democrat in 2024. The media loves to bash Trump, but when it comes to DeSantis, watch them try to make him the bad guy. They don't want to help Trump, but then they realize that DeSantis will be tougher to beat in 2024.

Trump has too much baggage. He will turn an easy win into a close contest. There is a small percentage of republicans who will not support him and he will not likely gain back enough of the independents he lost. There are plenty of independents who do not support Biden and will get behind DeSantis. The smart thing to do is run DeSantis with Trump continuing to rally in support of him. It will never happen because Trump needs to be the focal point, but I don't really care about Trump or his ego. I want a conservative to win and stop the progressive agenda. And I really don't care who that conservative is. I think republicans need to start thinking that way as well or they are going to blow a golden opportunity two years from now.
I pretty much agree with this assessment. I support Trump and I support DeSantis. I would vote for either of them. I do think that if Trump goes down the path of starting to trash DeSantis, it won't go over well, at all. I also feel that DeSantis would be the safer bet to win. In a perfect Red World, I would love to see a Trump/DeSantis ticket. That would give Trump 4 more years and then give DeSantis 2 terms.

Reactions: TPD

LJ1999

Then I saw Paul Ryan and Jeb Bush endorsing DeSantis.....

Well they saw what happened to Liz Cheney. I guess they feel it's safest for them to stick to a Republican to beat Trump then to go Democrat.