Trump weighs in after writer's Andrew Yang tweet

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A young conservative writer got President Trump's attention over the weekend with a viral tweet, as she explained why she likes Andrew Yang but would still vote to reelect the president.

"Here’s the thing: I’m voting for Trump but I wouldn’t be friends with Trump. I’m not voting for Yang but I’d definitely be his friend," she wrote.

President Trump noticed the tweet and responded, "I'm OK with that!"

SamSpade

And this is something a lot of people don't get about Trump.

For example, there's probably no universe where my doctor or my kid's pediatrician would EVER be my friend. Nothing personal - they're just not my type. Ditto all of my youngest's surgeons some of which border on rude.

But I will ALWAYS go back to them. Because they're the best I've found. They're outstanding at what they do. They don't HAVE to be my friend. I don't have to like them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, I would be friends with Trump, or at least admire him and choose him as a somewhat mentor. I've never been one of those who insists that successful people hide it or apologize for it, lest they make me feel inferior. I like people who are confident and happy to be them, and I also like people who tell it like it is - straight, no sugar.

Andrew Yang comes off as a putz. He's that boss who praises you and schmoozes you, and then he fires you on Christmas Eve because there was a problem that he was too cowardly to tell you about so you could address it.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That doesn't sit well with the "Children of the Feels"

No, it sure doesn't. Back in the day parents were like, "**** your feels" and kids grew up understanding that the world doesn't revolve around them, that they have to earn it and contribute. Then some crazy commie started telling parents to coddle their bebes and make them feel like the center of the universe, and now we have a nation of Alyssa Milano fans.

This_person

And this is something a lot of people don't get about Trump.

For example, there's probably no universe where my doctor or my kid's pediatrician would EVER be my friend. Nothing personal - they're just not my type. Ditto all of my youngest's surgeons some of which border on rude.

But I will ALWAYS go back to them. Because they're the best I've found. They're outstanding at what they do. They don't HAVE to be my friend. I don't have to like them.
:yay:

Trump would not be my choice for a friend. The Access Hollywood comment would be enough for me to choose to not hang around with the guy - he's a braggart and vulgar.

If he starts vetoing spending bills that are astronomical, I'll like him better as president. If he follows through with a federal constitutional carry, I'll like him better as president. I like the bulk of his foreign policy, I like the bulk of his domestic security policies, but his acquiescence to spending is not something I'm happy with.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If I'd avoided hiring or working with people I didnt' like in my youth I'd have stayed broke. :lmao:

This_person

See, I would be friends with Trump, or at least admire him and choose him as a somewhat mentor. I've never been one of those who insists that successful people hide it or apologize for it, lest they make me feel inferior. I like people who are confident and happy to be them, and I also like people who tell it like it is - straight, no sugar.

I have no problem with his personal extravagance, because he tempers that with private philanthropy that I wish I could do and really wish others with his disposable cash would consider coming close to. Or, doing at all. On the personal side, he rivals Keanu Reeves - a private and personal angel of cash to many who need it or earned it. On the public side, that's show and braggadocio. I don't care about that, personally.

I'm fine with straight, no sugar. A lot of people need to study the universe and realize they aren't in the center.

I really don't like the vulgarity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Access Hollywood comment would be enough for me to choose to not hang around with the guy - he's a braggart and vulgar.

See, and that exchange sounded like something my best bud would observe over beers, and I would laugh because it's the truth.

This_person

See, and that exchange sounded like something my best bud would observe over beers, and I would laugh because it's the truth.
If it were you and I over drinks saying other people think they can do that, it would be somewhat less vulgar (although I'd likely never do that because you're female and I'm male - it would be worded far less crudely). But, that was a guy saying he, personally, could do that. I think most guys who talk like that have NEVER come close to doing it - that it's a sophomoric way to try and gain social attention as alpha male. I think President Trump has been with his fair share (and maybe a few others' fair share) of women, and some of that is the alpha thing he's got going and some of it is pure cash/fame and some of it is just confidence. There are certainly timid and/or gold-digging females that simply turn a blind eye to stuff like that and "agree" by not complaining. "...and they let you" is not quite the same as "...and they don't complain" to a gentleman, but not different legally or in some social circles. They're two very different things in my social circle.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We've had the smooth-talking, double-speaking, double-dealing paragons of political virture who've done nothing but screw over the citizens they've sworn to serve, enriched themselves on the office and sneared at the people that elected them.

I'll take the rude, crude, uncooth cab driver for a while.

This_person

We've had the smooth-talking, double-speaking, double-dealing paragons of political virture who've done nothing but screw over the citizens they've sworn to serve, enriched themselves on the office and sneared at the people that elected them.

Which goes to your initial post - an awful lot of us will take that. The problems I have with Trump as president would be significantly worse under any of the D's running, plus more worse things than the ones I suggested.

So, crude and more good than bad, or diplomatic-speaking crappy president? Yeah, that's not really a difficult choice, is it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it were you and I over drinks saying other people think they can do that, it would be somewhat less vulgar (although I'd likely never do that because you're female and I'm male - it would be worded far less crudely). But, that was a guy saying he, personally, could do that. I think most guys who talk like that have NEVER come close to doing it - that it's a sophomoric way to try and gain social attention as alpha male. I think President Trump has been with his fair share (and maybe a few others' fair share) of women, and some of that is the alpha thing he's got going and some of it is pure cash/fame and some of it is just confidence. There are certainly timid and/or gold-digging females that simply turn a blind eye to stuff like that and "agree" by not complaining. "...and they let you" is not quite the same as "...and they don't complain" to a gentleman, but not different legally or in some social circles. They're two very different things in my social circle.

Well, that's you. I'm me and vulgarly put truths don't bother me.

It's a fact that rich famous men have groupies who fawn on them and the stories are legend. Some band (I don't remember who) banged one of their groupies with a mudshark. Parents happily turn over their young sons and daughters to movie stars.

Now, if my pal drugged and raped a 13 year old, I'd be appalled. If he used a mudshark on one of his groupies, I'd think he had become someone I no longer recognize. But if he said, "Damn, this fame and fortune is alright! Woman climb all over me! I can walk right up and grab them in the pussy and they like it!" I'd be like, "Yeah, do me a favor and catch/release, don't marry any woman like that. And please get tested often."

I think the Access exchange says more about icky women than it does about Trump.

transporter

Wow...so just to point out the stunningly obvious:

"Kyle, post: 6045162, member: 396"]
We've had the smooth-talking, double-speaking, double-dealing paragons of political virture who've done nothing but screw over the citizens they've sworn to serve,

Trump has really done a fantastic job of that: our farmers are getting crushed by his asinine tariffs, our soldiers are in more danger due to his idiotic foreign policies, the people in the most populous (i.e. blue) states are paying MORE in taxes relative to those in poorer (i.e. red) states because of Trump's tax policies, our manufacturing sector is now contracting because of Trump's asinine tariffs, we have more people without health insurance than we've had in a decade...

enriched themselves on the office

That one is just laughable...what little Trump has done to help the average American is pathetic...what he has done to enrich himself should be criminal.

and sneared at the people that elected them.

Trump hasn't done that...he has ONLY spoken to (but not governed for) that minority of America voted for him...which means he has sneered at the the majority of Americans.

So...again to point out the stunningly obvious...Trump is everything you hate has done everything you said you disliked about every other President, AND he is "the rude, crude, uncouth cab driver"...

Based on your comments, there is nothing about Trump you should like. :loser:

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron