Trump's Doral Resort to host 2020 G7 Summit

transporter

There wouldn't be because there's no profit made.

When any president does anything, like write a book or gives a speech or paints a picture, more people will pay more for it than they would if the president was never president. That's not the issue. The only issue is the emoluments clause, and this doesn't violate that.

Wow...so your ignorance regarding money/economics really is all encompassing isn't it??

No profit? Please pass around some of what you are smoking the rest of the world could use some.

No profit? Christ...so when the bylines are filed what is the first thing listed after the title and reporter's names? (Hint: location).

When the video reports are filled what it plastered on the screen? (Hint: location)

When the radio or video reports are filled what is generally the first and last item mentioned? (Hint: location)

Can you really be THAT stupid as to think there's no profit made????? Christ even Gilligan should be able to figure this one out.

WingsOfGold

Progs are just pissed because Barry and Willie Jeff had to get elected President to become multimillionaires. Neither of them held a real job in their lives, nor did they have a pot to piss in when they got pulled out of the gutter and spitshined to run for office.

Trump resorts have been hosting government officials and foreign dignitaries since some of you were wearing three-cornered pants. I see no reason why that should change and you all just want something to bitch about.

#orangemanbad
Bubba was no more than white trailer trash from ArkKansas and the inept boy lived off the white privilege his grandparents gave him while his tramp mother globe trotted banging the United Nations.

Hijinx

WTF is wrong with making a profit?
It's the American way.

Is there a difference between paying to stay at a Trump resort, and getting paid $500,000 dollars to speak to the Russians?

SamSpade

What's the likelihood any administration would be able to book it at the Doral - if it wasn't Trump?
It's 800 acres. That's four times the size of the Forbidden City in Beijing. That's almost 800 football fields.
That's more than a square mile. It's four times the size of Camp David, and it's within eyeshot of the airport.

Honestly, I don't know there's anything on the East Coast that is comparable.

This_person

Wow...so your ignorance regarding money/economics really is all encompassing isn't it??

No profit? Please pass around some of what you are smoking the rest of the world could use some.

No profit? Christ...so when the bylines are filed what is the first thing listed after the title and reporter's names? (Hint: location).

When the video reports are filled what it plastered on the screen? (Hint: location)

When the radio or video reports are filled what is generally the first and last item mentioned? (Hint: location)

Can you really be THAT stupid as to think there's no profit made????? Christ even Gilligan should be able to figure this one out.
You need to stop foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog and read the rest of my post.

I grant you that the place will do better. The place is likely to do so. That's not the point.

Read the rest of my post, and try again.

This_person

What's the likelihood any administration would be able to book it at the Doral - if it wasn't Trump?
It's 800 acres. That's four times the size of the Forbidden City in Beijing. That's almost 800 football fields.
That's more than a square mile. It's four times the size of Camp David, and it's within eyeshot of the airport.

And to now be able to do it at significantly reduced costs. Reduced security costs, reduced lodging costs, reduced meal costs, reduced transportation costs.....

Chris0nllyn

Mulvaney was just following your lead as you didn't provide any figures to back that claim.

I assumed folks who cared were capable of searching for it.

At Doral, which Trump has listed in federal disclosures as his biggest moneymaker hotel, room rates, banquets, golf and overall revenue were all down since 2015. In two years, the resort’s net operating income — a key figure, representing the amount left over after expenses are paid — had fallen by 69 percent....the club expected to take in $85 million in revenue in 2017 but took in just $75 million.

“They are severely underperforming” other resorts in the area, tax consultant Jessica Vachiratevanurak told a Miami-Dade County official in a bid to lower the property’s tax bill. The reason, she said: “There is some negative connotation that is associated with the brand.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...cc701a-6b54-11e9-be3a-33217240a539_story.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Exactly. End of debate.

CPUSA

This_person

I assumed folks who cared were capable of searching for it.
If it was doing GREAT, would that make this more or less of a problem?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out why this information is significant. The question above will really help in understanding the answer to that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
IF, IF.............IF there is NO Profit????? At a Trump RESORT??????:killingme
Never owned or operated a business, eh? Takes me all of five minutes to calculate and remove the profit from a multimillion dollar job. I betcha Trumps managers know how to do that as well. It's not rocket surgery, champ.

The Boss

Never owned or operated a business, eh? Takes me all of five minutes to calculate and remove the profit from a multimillion dollar job. I betcha Trumps managers know how to do that as well. It's not rocket surgery, champ.
LOL, never said they couldn't do it, .............trump would never do it.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you

Free left-nut media advertising! :yahoo:

black dog

Free America

I was at a meeting a few weeks ago at a Japanese owned plastic injection plant that does parts for Honda civics and the Insight. Honda car sales have been in the crapper and this plant with 28 injection machines will turn a net before tax income this fiscal year of 498,000 dollars.
They billed jut under 200 million and It lost about 18 million, No employee profit sharing, No Bone Us for anyone, Zero accountability.
Loads of Japanese that, when working in company owned plants away from the Motherland get double checks and all expenses taken care of, all vendors and subcontractors get paid on time.
Its easy for a company to loose a few million.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't really understand why the progs are losing their drool over this. The only thing I can think is that they're told to oppose everything Trump does.