Trump's Doral Resort to host 2020 G7 Summit

black dog

Free America

Have your grams give you the explanation of what "Personal" is.....

officeguy

Out of 200odd business entities Trump has been involved in as a principal investor, 4 have ended in bankruptcy.

So, 'TheBoss', how many businesses have YOU founded and how many of them are still around ?

rmorse

Did you get that card specifically because the hotel's lawyers had concerns about the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)? Is your card specifically for lodging (not airline tickets or vehicles) also, like this card?
https://www.documentcloud.org/docum...o-Spending-Records.html#document/p128/a498218

Lmao, wtf. The FAR is just our regulations/citations. Your statement "Did you get that card specifically because the hotel's lawyers had concerns about the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)" is laughably confusing.

The FAR/DFARS/NMCARS etc. are our regulations. No "hotel lawyers" have "concerns" about the FAR. That's like saying "Oh, I had to get money from an atm because the gas station lawyers had concerns about the city's ordinances." The hotel cares about getting paid. They could not care less about where the money comes from. The citibank credit cards are our travel cards; they're the same as any credit card. We are authorized a certain rate. If the hotel agrees to that rate, we can stay there. If not, we either have to pay the difference or we stay somewhere else.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yea it actually does suck. A lot. It was a blast the first time I did it, because it was a new experience. And then I realized how crappy it is.
Yep. And after 35 years of it, it's gotten REALLY old. About 80% of my travel over those years has been outside CONUS. Still is...I'm in Gulfport, MS in a few weeks and then off to Egypt again, with a stop in the UK on the way back most likely.

Chris0nllyn

Lmao, wtf. The FAR is just our regulations/citations. Your statement "Did you get that card specifically because the hotel's lawyers had concerns about the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)" is laughably confusing.

The FAR/DFARS/NMCARS etc. are our regulations. No "hotel lawyers" have "concerns" about the FAR. That's like saying "Oh, I had to get money from an atm because the gas station lawyers had concerns about the city's ordinances." The hotel cares about getting paid. They could not care less about where the money comes from. The citibank credit cards are our travel cards; they're the same as any credit card. We are authorized a certain rate. If the hotel agrees to that rate, we can stay there. If not, we either have to pay the difference or we stay somewhere else.

You're right. The email saying as much is fake news. Look, I gave you the email and all the documents from the FOIA request. If you have problems with how people handled that, that's not on me.

nutz

Yep. And after 35 years of it, it's gotten REALLY old. About 80% of my travel over those years has been outside CONUS. Still is...I'm in Gulfport, MS in a few weeks and then off to Egypt again, with a stop in the UK on the way back most likely.
Ah, the wonderful life of a contractor. Trade you a UK trip for a Xichang :buddies:

rmorse

You're right. The email saying as much is fake news. Look, I gave you the email and all the documents from the FOIA request. If you have problems with how people handled that, that's not on me.

I have a problem with you talking about something that you have zero knowledge about or practical experience with and you’re trying to cobble together an argument based on these documents that you read. And what REALLY bothers me is that you made me waste five minutes of my life to go skim these documents to see why you jumped on the FAR part.

The dollar amount was above the threshold for using a card. ¯\(ツ)/¯ Great.

I wrote a big paragraph explaining why they mentioned FAR but then deleted it. I don’t want to drop a lot of info on a public forum.

I’m not going to go back and forth with someone who is talking about things that they have zero knowledge about. Good luck to the rest of you lol