Trump's Popularity Rose Despite 90 Percent Negative Media Coverage in 2018

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Despite constant one-sided negative news coverage by the big three TV networks, President Donald Trump's public approval rating rose slightly in 2018, according to a new report from the Media Research Center (MRC). MRC analyzed the ABC, CBS, and NBC evening newscasts, which were seen by approximately 23 million people each night.

"The tone of coverage remains incessantly hostile: 90% negative, vs. just 10% positive (excluding neutral statements)," MRC's Rich Noyes reported Tuesday. "Yet despite the media's obvious disapproval, public opinion of the President actually improved slightly during 2018, from an average 40% approval on January 1 to 42.7% approval on December 31, according to RealClearPolitics."

According to MRC's monitoring, coverage of the Trump presidency slightly declined in 2018. In the first year of the Trump presidency, ABC, CBS, and NBC spent 99 hours covering the president, while this past year they dedicated 87 hours to his tenure, which still accounted for 28 percent of all evening news airtime.

Trump's Popularity Rose Despite 90 Percent Negative Media Coverage in 2018

SamSpade

You know, I take either one of two approaches when all the press I hear about a person is bad.

I either think it's all true because the person really is the sonofabitch everyone says they are -
or I think it's a massive load of horse####. When it reaches critical mass, legendary levels of negative -
the meter tends to disbelief.

And I do a handful of things - I first consider the source - if it's one that can absolutely be relied upon to deliver
bull#### upon bull#### - I tend to disbelieve it. If it's someone who never, ever steers me wrong - I take it as
possibly right. But I always check it out for myself.

And this has happened to me - heard really horrible stories about co-workers - and one that became my boss
And I learned it was just crap. I once had a terrible breakup with someone I worked with - and I met someone from
her office and introduced myself. "Oh - I've heard of you". "Well don't believe everything you hear" I said.
She smiled and said well I know xxxxx - and I can think for myself. We were always friends after that.

SO what the left is seeing is, their continual, non-stop, irrational screeching hasn't affected some people -
and their behavior since has tarnished their message.

Foosball is not the devil.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I first consider the source

First and sometimes only thing I do. I don't even read crap from WashPo or NYT or watch CNN or MSNBC. If they "report" it, chances are good it's a lie and I'm not interested in wasting my time like that.

If nothing else, Trump has exposed our government and news media for what they are. Some of us already knew, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Hijinx

One of my greatest disappointments was finding that the FBI and the CIA were weaponized into an anti-Trump agency by Obama and his 2nd rate Attorneys General.