Trump's rally in NH tonight?

Hijinx

I don't see how the polls say Trump is behind when he is drawing thousands to his rallies

Chris0nllyn

I don't see how the polls say Trump is behind when he is drawing thousands to his rallies

11,000 people were expected to be there. They came from "all over New England".

Let's also not forget that Hillary beat Trump in NH.

Rallies mean as much as polls do.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Perhaps, but what it does show is the excitement Trump-supporters have vs any of the dem candidates. They're crowd sizes are pathetic and have no energy to them at all. Does this translate into me believing Trump will win? No. But, if we look at the 2016 election, we saw the same scenario... polls showing Trump losing, but the enthusiasm gap landed hugely in Trump's favor. Result - Trump won.

Chris0nllyn

Perhaps, but what it does show is the excitement Trump-supporters have vs any of the dem candidates. They're crowd sizes are pathetic and have no energy to them at all. Does this translate into me believing Trump will win? No. But, if we look at the 2016 election, we saw the same scenario... polls showing Trump losing, but the enthusiasm gap landed hugely in Trump's favor. Result - Trump won.

Enthusiasm is certainly what got him elected. I'm not denying that.

"vs any of the dem candidates"? Not so sure about that considering Kamala Harris' campaign kickoff rally had almost twice as many people.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/27/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

That and quiet support.

I've only ever been questioned for a political poll once, long ago, and I told them I was a huge supporter of Steny and Kerry! :jet:

SamSpade

Let's also not forget that Hillary beat Trump
~2700 some votes.
Probably won’t happen twice.

Even if they came “from all over New England“ I wouldn’t dismiss it. I used to live there and driving to Manchester isn’t a breeze.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Considering all the Massholes that have been invading NH over the past couple decades, not a bad turnout indeed.

Hijinx

I guess we will find out in the 20 election.
Perhaps the people of New England have learned a bit since they voted for Hillary