Trump's reversal on transgender bathroom directive: How we got here

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" (CNN)The Trump administration's reversal of Obama-era protections that allowed transgender students in public schools to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity has angered civil rights groups.

The change in position Wednesday reignited the debate on whether guidance on transgender students' use of bathroom and locker room facilities is a state or federal rights issue.

Here are a few questions and answers to help explain how we got here: "

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/23/health/transgender-bathrooms-trump-q-and-a/index.html?sr=twcnni022317transgender-bathrooms-trump-q-and-a0255PMN/ALink&linkId=34803011

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The change in position Wednesday reignited the debate on whether guidance on transgender students' use of bathroom and locker room facilities is a state or federal rights issue.

A novel approach; If you have a pecker you use the facilities for men, if not, for women. Problem solved.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

A novel approach; If you have a pecker you use the facilities for men, if not, for women. Problem solved.

My solution is the opposite:

Use the restroom where you look like you fit in.

If you are a trans woman and look reasonably like a woman, use the ladies room. If you are a trans man and look reasonably masculine, use the mens room.

TA-DAH!! :diva:

Nobody cards you when you use a public restroom, and nobody will question you unless you look seriously out of place. This whole thing was activist bull#### and a complete pandering waste of time and money, with numerous unintended consequences.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If you are a trans woman and look reasonably like a woman, use the ladies room. If you are a trans man and look reasonably masculine, use the mens room.
Nobody cards you when you use a public restroom, and nobody will question you unless you look seriously out of place. This whole thing was activist bull#### and a complete pandering waste of time and money, with numerous unintended consequences.

Yeah, or this. I have no issue if a girl, as a guy, who looks like a guy, acts as a guy, can't tell if he's a girl, and doesn't flaunt what she is, or make a social experiment of it, uses a men's facility. Or vice versa. To each their own.

Midnightrider

that's they way its been forever, or at least until certain states decided they needed to regulate what bathrooms people use.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

And this is kinda' where I stand. I have no doubt this was going on before Target had to open their big mouths and make an issue out of a non-issue, just so they could say, "hey, look how cool we are". However, they did. Now they've opened the flood gates and let the perves in on the little secret. We may not be able to go back. I suspect that now we will have more pervs dressing up as women just to get into the bathrooms, and that's really sad. Because before all this nonsense, it was working just fine.

stgislander

PREMO Member

:yay:

Toxick

Splat
I guess Trump didn't have enough worms wriggling all over the place.
So he opened up another can.

I guess if it gets too boring again, maybe he can question out loud during a press conference if maybe Jim Crow had a couple of good points.

Makavide

Not too talkative

What about the middle school/high school locker room - where the clothes come off and you no longer "look like you will fit in"?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What about the middle school/high school locker room - where the clothes come off and you no longer "look like you will fit in"?

I don't know about boys, but girls locker rooms used to have a couple of single stalls for those who were having their period and wanted privacy. It's not like our schools are teeming with trans kids, so there's no reason why they cannot use the private stall.

Making all those kids strip down in front of each other is barbaric anyway. Here you are at the height of your self-consciousness, and you have to shower in front of your classmates. What sadist came up with that idea?

luvmygdaughters

I still say, if your equipment is on the outside, use the men's room, if its on the inside, use the women's room. I still don't feel comfortable knowing some man can dress up as a woman and this entitles him to use the women's bathroom, dressing room, locker room, etc. It just doesn't make sense and causes more problems than it solves. I was in Target over the weekend with my 13 year old granddaughter and wouldn't let her use the bathroom in there for that same reason.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm not sure. Since this was never an issue before, there was no need to police it.

I think it's not really an issue now. Those beings that question themselves and appear other than they are to appear as another, have been, and currently do, am sure they use certain gender specific facilities when needed. And no one has been the wiser. All this crap started at the 1-12 grade school level.