Trump's VP Pick

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Trump said -and I don't have an exact quote - that his VP pick would most likely be, or would be, at the debate, or watching the debate last night.

Trump is famous for creating the scenarios - it's actually great for his campaign because he gets a lot of extra media coverage because of it.

Last night on Fox, they interviewed every single one of the so-called short list candidates.

They also interviewed someone else via a live video feed. I mentioned to my coworker yesterday that I would not be surprised to see this person at the debate, and it would be interesting to see if they were.

This would be in keeping with the way Trump likes to operate - to keep people guessing.

Anyone know who I'm referring to? I'm just wondering if it might be that person! 🤔

Reactions: BOP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought about this earlier today, then got distracted. There was no mention of it on CNN (not my choice) nor has FOX mentioned it this afternoon. I wonder who it might be?

SamSpade

My guessed aren’t worth crap anymore. Years ago, in Feb 2008, I predicted McCain would pick Palin.

This time around I predicted Noem. Well that ended quick.

For reasons of the Electoral College, picking someone from the same state not necessarily a good idea. That leaves Rubio and Santis out.

Youngkin needs to stay right there, but honestly - wouldn’t surprise me.

Burgum is too little known. I like JD Vance and warming up to Vivek again.

But I think it’s Tim Scott. Not sure that’s the best choice. A nice guy but - he was extremely unimpressive during the primary.

Bann

But I think it’s Tim Scott. Not sure that’s the best choice. A nice guy but - he was extremely unimpressive during the primary.
Not only that ...but his wife to be has some very controversial shady deals in her ex-husband and hers background.

I liked TS up until earlier this week when I read all of these things abt them. I saw the interview that they did on Fox and Friends this week with the both of them SHE does not impress me at all.

He's a 58 year old bachelor, he is extremely religious and that's fine and dandy. She's 47 and she's also extremely religious and they met through mutual friends through the church. Fine. But they only knew each other 3 months before he proposed. Then, a little while after that debate that all the candidates were in (except Trump) he drops out because he's supposedly feels that it's not his time and then all this stuff came out about her.

Very weird, and I'm not sure about it. I need to look into it more.

Bann

I thought about this earlier today, then got distracted. There was no mention of it on CNN (not my choice) nor has FOX mentioned it this afternoon. I wonder who it might be?
The person I'm referring to who ran for president, but dropped out and endorsed Trump... AND interviewed via video - was DeSantis.

I thought it was interesting.

HemiHauler

Well more specifically the 12th amendment - with regard to the way electors are chosen.

And it’s not against the Constitution. Just not a good idea in a close contest.
The same text is in Article II, Sec 1:

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves.

So yea, doesn’t comport.

SamSpade

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves.

So yea, doesn’t comport.
Dude - please READ it.

It just means when the Elector casts his two ballots for President - which was originally - they cast two votes, but one of the votes can’t be for someone from the same state as the Elector. He can’t pick two guys from the same state. Back then, the guy who came in SECOND was VP, and they didn’t want both from the same state.

Political parties screwed that all up. So they wrote the 12th amendment. President and VP are voted on separately.

NOTHING prevents a presidential candidate from selecting a veep from his OWN state. It just means the elector can’t vote for both.

BOP

Trump said -and I don't have an exact quote - that his VP pick would most likely be, or would be, at the debate, or watching the debate last night.

Trump is famous for creating the scenarios - it's actually great for his campaign because he gets a lot of extra media coverage because of it.

Last night on Fox, they interviewed every single one of the so-called short list candidates.

They also interviewed someone else via a live video feed. I mentioned to my coworker yesterday that I would not be surprised to see this person at the debate, and it would be interesting to see if they were.

This would be in keeping with the way Trump likes to operate - to keep people guessing.

Anyone know who I'm referring to? I'm just wondering if it might be that person! 🤔
I vote for Board Mommy. If Trump goes down, the picnic is over.

HemiHauler

Dude - please READ it.

It just means when the Elector casts his two ballots for President - which was originally - they cast two votes, but one of the votes can’t be for someone from the same state as the Elector. He can’t pick two guys from the same state. Back then, the guy who came in SECOND was VP, and they didn’t want both from the same state.

Political parties screwed that all up. So they wrote the 12th amendment. President and VP are voted on separately.

NOTHING prevents a presidential candidate from selecting a veep from his OWN state. It just means the elector can’t vote for both.

I understand all that. It is part of the Constitution is what I was saying.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

So yea, doesn’t comport.
That text is what the 12th added to Article II section 1. Prior to the amendment ratification in June of 1804 there was no such requirement where the electors were prohibited from selecting both from their state.

Now if say both persons are from the same state the electors from that state could still choose the President they want and simply write anyone in that isn't from their state for VP and if that person still has a majority of electors they would still be installed as VP.