Trump's Wiki

Louise

Wiki was one of the first to turn left after Google, and then Twitter, FB, etal followed suit. It is good that there are enough patriots remaining that can stop the communist takeover of the the USA. Trump is trying to save US from tyranny. What does he have to “lose”? Keep on contestin’ on. ::getdown: Go Trump, and God bless the USA. :patriot:

DaSDGuy

Wiki is not a news source. Wiki allows anybody to post anything without proof. They rarely lock articles to prevent changes and usually only lock articles to prevent changes when a non-conservative is the subject.
It was a great concept (public input) that has been hijacked by liars.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Wikipedia, while useful, has always had a left lean. The only thing that has changed is that the lean is greater.

Schools are correct not to allow Wikipedia to be cited as a source for (research) papers, etc. because Wikipedia was founded as a resource that only uses secondary sources. From a pedagogical point of view that's a good thing.

But that misses the point of HOW Wikipedia is actually used. Given that it's used by many (most?) as THE "resource of first use" editors have seen the propaganda value of the Wikipedia approach. Primarily used by The Left to advance its agenda, celebrities' PR people also make good use of the Wikipedia approach. And while I can't provide actual statistics I can say that my experience over the years participating in the editing process shows this to be "true."

Intelligent people can often spot the bias. But for many of Wikipedia's editors that's not important. What IS important is to gain the advantage of "first voice" (i.e., setting the narrative).

Many (most?) conservative leaders have failed to recognize this. And I suspect, without Trump taking the lead and making the larger point about "fake news," even more would still be failing at it. They'd all still be content to be The Right's version of the NPC.

--- End of line (MCP)