Try something new!

bosox

Bay Area Polox Club (BAPC) is having their 2nd polox tournament right here in
Upper Marlboro. Many of you are familiar w/Glennwood farm as MPC has hosted the MD region Polox PC rally for several years. We have also had schooling Jumper shows for the past 3 years January through March.

This will be a sanctioned tournament through American Polocrosse Association
(APA) for grades A-D and we will have a pee-wee division (raw novice to include
lead-liners) and a Master division (I want to call it no seat or no stick division--for riders who don't have stick skills or brand new riders who have great stick skills)for folks who want to get out and try it but haven't played or been on a horse but a handful of times.

Please pass this around to all your horse friends, games players, polox players,
horse clubs. Even if you don't get a chance to play---you will be thrilled by
the A divisions speed and skill and the cuteness of the D grade and everything
in-between.

This game can be played by english and western riders alike---so come out and
join the fun.

We "may" be able to find teams for those of you that would only be able to send one or two players.

Briefing will be around 8 30 am and play should start by 9 am. Last year we had a great turnout for two full days of play. We spent about 1000 dollars on prizes and most of them were very nice! Coolers/pads/halters---all embroidered w/Best player/horse, etc. We plan on spending just a bit more this year. There will be food as well for sale.

I should mention that we have teams traveling from NY, PA, NC, FL and maybe
TX!!!!

Also, for those of you from SoMD...Loveville Leather donated quite a few gifts today!

We will schedule a few practice sessions for those of you that may be interested--but don't know how to play.

Cheers

bosox

How'd I do that?

I can't believe that I deleted the date. I must have been talking on the phone when I posted this :blushing:

October 6th/7th 2007

bosox

Fox 5 news

For those of you who have questions about what this sport is...check out the Bay Area Polocross Club on Wednesday from 6 30 am to 9 am on Fox 5 News w/Holly Morris.

bosox

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/I...Day?pageId=5.2

If the link doesn’t work, go to MyFox Washington DC | Fox 5 News | WTTG and click on the Fox 5 Morning tab.

A special thank you to all the BAPC members and their ponies for coming out this morning at the crack of dawn. A HUGE thank you to all the parents that got the kids up and down to Glennwood Farm for the news broadcast. Last, but not least a thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Mrs T., Sandra W and Diane and Charlie H. for letting us use Glennwood for our many practices and this mornings news interview.

We are still willing for players to sign up for the tourney. We have a special division just for people that would like to try it. PM me and I will get you the info. We have teams traveling from TX, FL, NC, TN, PA, Western MD and NY for our Civil War tourney.

The A grade (top players) are fast and furious, very exciting to watch. The inro level D grade is a bit faster than what you see in this new cast. It makes for good TV when the reporter wins :lmao: The weak seat/weak stick division will be a bit slower than this as people either can't ride or can't pick up the ball, hence the name weak seat/weak stick.

I know some of the people on this board are coming!

Cheers!