Tsunami Warning

L

ladylara

Tsuami Warning Issued After Quake Hits South Pacific
AP
BANGKOK, Thailand (May 3) - The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude-8.0 earthquake has struck near the South Pacific nation of Tonga. A tsunami warning has been issued.

not much info to be found yet - apparently fiji and new zealand are under the warning.

scary stuff.

It's already affecting the Tiki Bar...:shocking:

Attachments

• ForumTikiParty-2003.jpg
    ForumTikiParty-2003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 162

nomoney

hey jameo, if one of those tiki statue floats by your place-grab it up for me. It will look great on my deck :yay:

W

Wenchy

ladylara said:
Tsuami Warning Issued After Quake Hits South Pacific
AP
BANGKOK, Thailand (May 3) - The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude-8.0 earthquake has struck near the South Pacific nation of Tonga. A tsunami warning has been issued.

not much info to be found yet - apparently fiji and new zealand are under the warning.

scary stuff.

If they have the warning, hopefully they can get out of harm's way.

My dad works over there, I'm going to send him an email, but there is a 12 hour difference in time.

A magnitude 8.0 earthquake struck early Thursday near the South Pacific nation of Tonga, the U.S. Geological Survey said. A tsunami warning predicted a giant wave could hit Fiji and New Zealand within minutes.

A Tongan police officer in the capital, Nuku'alofa, said there were no immediate reports of damage or a tsunami.

The temblor, classified by the USGS as a "great" quake, struck 95 miles south of Neiafu, Tonga, and 1,340 miles north-northeast of Auckland, New Zealand. It occurred 20 miles beneath the sea floor.

The U.S. National Weather Service warned that a tsunami could strike Fiji as soon as 1:13 p.m. EDT and New Zealand by 2:21 p.m. EDT.

The U.S. Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued the tsunami warning but said it was not known whether the quake generated a potentially deadly giant wave.

Jameo

What?!
nomoney said:
hey jameo, if one of those tiki statue floats by your place-grab it up for me. It will look great on my deck :yay:

Will do :yay: What about all them fancy cigars the tiki is selling now. Think your :chriswannabe: hubby would like a few of them if they happen to float on by too? :lmao:

W

Wenchy

Dad,

Is everything okay your way?

I hope you are not in Fiji or New Zealand right now.

Please call me.

Love,

Princess Elayna

P.S. The wonderful people on somd.com will be searching for Tiki statues...maybe one will be put on E-Bay, and I will buy it for you. Please be safe.

nomoney

Jameo said:
Will do :yay: What about all them fancy cigars the tiki is selling now. Think your :chriswannabe: hubby would like a few of them if they happen to float on by too? :lmao:

wth. I'm sure one day this week I could be nice to him.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
It was about 2 hours ago. Fox news just had an phone interview with someone over there. They are not worried anymore! Chances are slim to none now.