Tudors on Showtime

Pete

Repete
Anyone watch it?

It's pretty good. I caused me to look up Henry VIII. I knew of course he was married several times, broke with the Catholic church because they wouldn't allow him to divorce and so on but I wanted to know more.

I was amazed at the outright cold hearted ruthlessness of the "Royals" back then. How many people had their heads lopped off just for the hell of it so people could get their way.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Anyone watch it?
No, but a good deal of the filming was done at the old Dublin jail, which is reminiscent of a stone-walled castle.

I'd love to watch it.

Is it a recurring series? What time, night, station?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
No, but a good deal of the filming was done at the old Dublin jail, which is reminiscent of a stone-walled castle.

I'd love to watch it.

Is it a recurring series? What time, night, station?

I wanted to watch it, I've been seeing a lot of previews. Haven't been able to catch it, but I'm sure it will be on "On Demand". Then I can just watch them back to back.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Anyone watch it?

It's pretty good. I caused me to look up Henry VIII. I knew of course he was married several times, broke with the Catholic church because they wouldn't allow him to divorce and so on but I wanted to know more.

I was amazed at the outright cold hearted ruthlessness of the "Royals" back then. How many people had their heads lopped off just for the hell of it so people could get their way.

I used to until my HBO went bye-bye. Great show!

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
Anyone watch it?

Great show. I love that time in history. Interesting some of the stuff they did back then. :high5:
Great book to read about the kings and queens. Has info about Henery and his wives. Amazon.com: Sex with the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics (P.S.): Eleanor Herman: Books

jlynnpump

Noob-alicious
I've been wanting to watch it, but i feel like i've missed too much already. Maybe I'll dvr it and see if its worth picking up in the middle.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I started to watch last night, but didn't know where I was (groggy) and couldn't keep my eyes open. I'd like to watch beginning to end, or at least where it is to this point.