Tupperware horror stories

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Tupperware! What in the hell is this stuff made from?
And what makes a woman want to kill over it?

Over the week end, some of us guys were hanging out at the shop and got talking about womens obsessiveness with their Tupperware.

One young man was telling us how his mother about beat him to death, because when he was just a kid he had caught some grasshoppers and put them into a Tupperware bowl, then poked holes in the lid with a kitchen knife.

Another guy said he made the fatal mistake of using a Tupperware bowl to put his motorcycle bolts in while working on it. I swear, I thought we were going to get divorced over that damned Tupperware bowl.

Another guy said.. One night him and his wife were in bed and things started get hot, all cloths off and getting ready for action, then she asked him if he had brought back her Tupperware from work that day. It went from hot to trot to where in the hell is my Tupperware pot in zero to 1 second flat.

Whats your Tupperware horror story? :jameo:

Zazzy

Being female, it's not the Tupperware it's self that women get upset about its the fact that Tupperware is VERY expesive. So it's probably the fact that the guy used an expensive dish to mess up or leave that pisses her off.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Those tall slender plastic glasses they have are great chew toys for dogs. They are so sturdy it even gives big dogs a run for your money.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Well, I got my butt tanned by my mother when I was about 4 or 5 for collecting frogs in her big Tupperware cake server. :lmao:

Last edited:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Picturing gumbo and his buddies standing around the shop talking Tupperware made me :roflmao:! :razz:

My mother about beat my brother to death once when she found his stash in one of her tupperware bowls. I tried to tell him to cut out the middle of a bible and hide it inside. I knew she'd never look there because she never found mine. :biggrin: He said the tupperware kept it fresher. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Zazzy said:
Being female, it's not the Tupperware it's self that women get upset about its the fact that Tupperware is VERY expesive. So it's probably the fact that the guy used an expensive dish to mess up or leave that pisses her off.
:yeahthat:

That was my first thought when I read Gumbo's post. You do not poke holes in, lose or drop greasy bolts in a $20 bowl.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think women who even look at tupperware are damaged, much less even purchase it. I equate tupperware to Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc. It's all a scam. Who in their right mind would pay $20. for a plastic bowl? Especially a woman living with a man. Hell, I even gave up on "nice towels". They all become grease rags before it's time to take them off the towel rack.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I must be damaged, then, because I have and use Tupperware all of the time. Most of the items that I have I've had them for years - bought myself or inherited from my mom, or gotten as house-warming presents, etc.

Tupperware keeps my food stuff fresher for longer periods of time, in my opinion. Cheaper plastic containers work ok for short-term usage and for leftovers, but if I'm storing my cereal, rice and other staples that I keep on the shelf for a long time, I'm gonna use my Tupperware.

I :love: Tupperware.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I gave up on buying Tupperware. Nothing bothered me as much as a certain someone in my family heating spaghetti in the tupperware and staining it. I buy the cheap stuff now.

And I don't even want to discuss the towels turning into grease rags issue.

BS Gal said:
I gave up on buying Tupperware. Nothing bothered me as much as a certain someone in my family heating spaghetti in the tupperware and staining it. I buy the cheap stuff now.

And I don't even want to discuss the towels turning into grease rags issue.
Or making chum in the blender.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
desertrat said:
Or making chum in the blender.
I would have killed you.

I don't buy Tupperware anymore, either. I used to have everything all neatly modular-mated, then lids started disappearing, containers got stained and warped, etc, and I gave it up.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
I would have killed you.

I don't buy Tupperware anymore, either. I used to have everything all neatly modular-mated, then lids started disappearing, containers got stained and warped, etc, and I gave it up.
I would have killed him, but the stepson was a mere child and was also involved in the chum-making incident. I would have had to take them both out.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BadGirl said:
I must be damaged, then, because I have and use Tupperware all of the time. Most of the items that I have I've had them for years - bought myself or inherited from my mom, or gotten as house-warming presents, etc.

Tupperware keeps my food stuff fresher for longer periods of time, in my opinion. Cheaper plastic containers work ok for short-term usage and for leftovers, but if I'm storing my cereal, rice and other staples that I keep on the shelf for a long time, I'm gonna use my Tupperware.

The only serious piece of plastic I have is a couple of Rubbermaid cereal containers, and the only reason I have those is because they're big enough to hold a big bag of the cheap cereal. I don't have trouble with keeping things fresh, because I'm weird about food anyway. If it's not eaten in a couple of days, it's out.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:

SPeaking of Tupperware, I need to change out the oil in the Final Drive this week-end, I need something small and somewhat clear.. Thinking one of those football shaped containers would work nicely.