Turbo Tax commercial

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Dungeness crabs have been invading the Atlantic for a while with the first reported catch in Massachusetts back in 2006. Who knows maybe there are enough now for commercial harvest. Though more than likely it was one of them highly-educated types out in Hollywood that doesn't know any better.

glhs837

Power with Control
Dungeness crabs have been invading the Atlantic for a while with the first reported catch in Massachusetts back in 2006. Who knows maybe there are enough now for commercial harvest. Though more than likely it was one of them highly-educated types out in Hollywood that doesn't know any better.

Or more likely, that same footage is used all over. "If I catch crab in both Florida and Louisiana/Texas/Connecticut/Rhode Island/Mass/Maine/Washington/Oregon"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seems to be one place down that way claiming to have blue crabs (Ce Viche Ce Viche) and a couple in Port Isabel too.

But Blue Crabs aren't a thing here, or crabs in general - like, there's nowhere to go pick steamed crabs. Tons of fish and shrimp, oysters at many places, and that's about it. I'm unaware they offer crab at Ceviche Ceviche - I've only seen shrimp and fish, which doesn't mean they don't have it, just that I haven't seen it.

They might have them at the fish markets, I haven't really looked.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
But Blue Crabs aren't a thing here, or crabs in general - like, there's nowhere to go pick steamed crabs. Tons of fish and shrimp, oysters at many places, and that's about it. I'm unaware they offer crab at Ceviche Ceviche - I've only seen shrimp and fish, which doesn't mean they don't have it, just that I haven't seen it.

They might have them at the fish markets, I haven't really looked.
They would probably boil them anyway. Seems once you get in to the Carolinas steaming isn't very popular. Maybe if you find some live ones you can teach folk how it's done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They would probably boil them anyway. Seems once you get in to the Carolinas steaming isn't very popular. Maybe if you find some live ones you can teach folk how it's done.

I'm ashamed to admit this but Dirty Al's down here has boiled shrimp and they're really good. Most places berl the taste out of them, but DA does it right so they're not mushy and gross. No Old Bay, of course, but he has a proprietary seasoning blend that's tasty stuff.

TPD

the poor dad
So nobody noticed how they pronounced “crab” in the video? We pluralize crab with a “s” here in Maryland & Virginia. No one else puts the “s” on crab.