Turkey Shoot @ Isaak Walton - Hughesville ?

RatchetJaw

I saw a listing on the community calendar for the turkey shoot at the Izaak Walton in Hughesville. The information is extremely vague and doesn't tell anyone anything really, does anyone know anything about this event, is it every Sunday? I did read the prices were $3.00 to $5.00 a pop, which is really high, but, are there any details out there to be had about the turkey shoots there?

belvak

Happy Camper
I don't know how they could do a shoot there. It's right on the road and doesn't have any property that I'm aware of in the immediate area. Maybe they are sponsoring a shoot at another location? Hopefully someone else will know something. Good luck!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
7th District Optimist Club sponsors a monthly Turkey Shoot @ the Optimist Park in Avenue.

1st shoot of the year is Sunday 15 NOV. Let me go through my newsletter and I'll post the info.

I do know that we are raffling off 2 guns this year for $10 a chance. Remington 1187 and a CVA .50 Black Powder rifle.

oldman

Lobster Land
All I can tell you is the building in Hughesville is the Izaak Walton Hall, a bingo
parlor not in any way associated with the Izaak Walton League. The IWL
has been located at 4200 Gardiner Road, off Poplar Hill Road, in Waldorf for a number of years now.

belvak

Happy Camper
All I can tell you is the building in Hughesville is the Izaak Walton Hall, a bingo
parlor not in any way associated with the Izaak Walton League. The IWL
has been located at 4200 Gardiner Road, off Poplar Hill Road, in Waldorf for a number of years now.

Okay then, that makes more sense. There are plenty of spots off of Poplar Hill Road that could accomodate a Turkey Shoot. :yay:

RatchetJaw

ok, so then there is 2 of them in the area? I had no idea there was one anywhere besides the one there by the rib shack on 5.

ok, I found it, it's stuck way back in the woods. I had no idea it was even there. No wonder I got confused, they are almost right through the woods from each other.

Last edited:

RatchetJaw

This is the info from the calendar:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Issak Walton League 4200 Gardiner Avenue Waldorf, Md
Date: 10/18/2009
Time: 12 Noon
Duration: 00:00

Open to the public starting October 18th, Turkey Shoot
price $3.00-$5.00 per shot. Guns must be registered through the league prior to the shoot. No sleeved guns! Gun also must be stock manufactured and 12 gauge only. Shells will be supplied. Prizes include - hams, turkeys, etc

Posted By: Susan Rainey-Harris

The problem I had is, there is a difference between a "Gardiner Avenue" and a "Gardiner Road".

There is no contact number, no website, no email...

It doesn't state if it's a one day event or a regular weekly event...

Last edited:
This is the info from the calendar:

Location: Issak Walton League 4200 Gardiner Avenue Waldorf, Md
Date: 10/18/2009
Time: 12 Noon
Duration: 00:00

Open to the public starting October 18th, Turkey Shoot
price $3.00-$5.00 per shot. Guns must be registered through the league prior to the shoot. No sleeved guns! Gun also must be stock manufactured and 12 gauge only. Shells will be supplied. Prizes include - hams, turkeys, etc

Posted By: Susan Rainey-Harris

The problem I had is, there is a difference between a "Gardiner Avenue" and a "Gardiner Road".

There is no contact number, no website, no email...

It doesn't state if it's a one day event or a regular weekly event...

It's actually off of Gardiner Rd (not Ave) off of Poplar Hill Road - here is a Google Map Point for you.

Google Maps

They use to have a website, but I cannot find it anymore - let me see what I can dig up here shortley.

Website appears to be inactive, but here is the address and phone number;

4200 Gardiner Rd
Waldorf, MD 20601-2086
(301) 932-9949

RatchetJaw

LOL, yeah that's what I meant, they have it written as AVE and it's actually Road, that's why I got confused as to the location, they don't even know where they are either. LOL