TurN

C

czygvtwkr

Whose planning on watching tonight? New show on AMC at 9:00 for those that don't know about Americas first spy ring.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Not sure if it has anything to do with the show, but they've been showing The Patriot all weekend, I loved that movie.

PJay

Have it recorded. Hope can watch tonight.

P.S. Lost count how many times have watched The Patriot.... Love that movie also.

Hessian

Have it recorded. Hope can watch tonight.

P.S. Lost count how many times have watched The Patriot.... Love that movie also.

Yeah,...you ought to sit around the fire & talk with some of the reenactors who were advising/in it.
TurN...intriguing -maybe worth watching 2x to catch the dialogue. Am very interested when they present the Hessians!
I know some who tried out for parts,...one is particularly unhappy with it!

lovinmaryland

anybody else watching & loving this show? I can't get enough. Leaves you on the edge of your seat every episode. I never really cared or paid much attention to history before watching this show.

PJay

anybody else watching & loving this show? I can't get enough. Leaves you on the edge of your seat every episode. I never really cared or paid much attention to history before watching this show.

:howdy:

Stopped watching for a while but have returned to watching this new season. Like you said I can't get enough!

Come on Monday night!

PJay

Yeah,...you ought to sit around the fire & talk with some of the reenactors who were advising/in it.
TurN...intriguing -maybe worth watching 2x to catch the dialogue. Am very interested when they present the Hessians!
I know some who tried out for parts,...one is particularly unhappy with it!

Geez.. 2 years later and just now reading this. Why unhappy with it? Neat you know people in the show! Tell them Hey from me!

Hessian

As with most historical productions...they want extras...but they don't want extras who KNOW what they are talking about. (Ie Old Alan Alda film "Sweet Liberty")

So when they sent the word out --need Hessians, they used them for distant background shots and hired two NON reenactors to mutter through a conversation in Germ-English (Like a bad 1958 war movie). What,...you don't know how to find two German speaking reenactors and then add 90 seconds of sub titles?

Its nice that they pay...but scheduling is usually weird too. Sometimes they send out the call, and we don't have time to get off work & drive to Richmond!--Bummer.

Am waiting for a Gingrich production that was filming last December outside Phili....I got to finish off a rebel. We'll see how that came off on film.

littlelady

God bless the USA
As with most historical productions...they want extras...but they don't want extras who KNOW what they are talking about. (Ie Old Alan Alda film "Sweet Liberty")

So when they sent the word out --need Hessians, they used them for distant background shots and hired two NON reenactors to mutter through a conversation in Germ-English (Like a bad 1958 war movie). What,...you don't know how to find two German speaking reenactors and then add 90 seconds of sub titles?

Its nice that they pay...but scheduling is usually weird too. Sometimes they send out the call, and we don't have time to get off work & drive to Richmond!--Bummer.

Am waiting for a Gingrich production that was filming last December outside Phili....I got to finish off a rebel. We'll see how that came off on film.

I haven't watched this show. But, I do know any historically based shows I watch, I take with a grain of salt, and look up things myself. I agree with your word KNOW in caps. We now have a celeb on the forum! Good for you! :smile:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've been watching this series to and from work each day for a while now. I'm at season 4 now.

Definitely worth the time.