Twin Peaks

somdfunguy

not impressed
Just watched the pilot episode tonight and I wish I had that 90 minutes back yet I hit play on episode 2. I barely remember the show as a kid. Just jokes about it mostly but I've always heard it was great.

Anyone remember the show and like it?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I remember it. I think it was a cult hit mainly because it was so damned strange. We kind of kept watching it to see what happened next....sort of like reading a Stephen King novel back when he first started writing.

Had no idea anyone was bringing it back. Where was it on?

somdfunguy

not impressed
Amazon Prime video and it is so weird and the acting is poor.

Ps: this is the original

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Yeah, it was definitely weird. Looking back over the years though, that show was kind of the precursor to all of the strange niche shows that are on cable tv these days. I don't generally watch a lot of TV, especially weird shows, but if I had to suggest a modern equivalent it would be SyFy network's show, Haven. Same weird, strange things. Haven, I like. Twin Peaks I watched more for the "freak show/train wreck effect". Great watercooler discussions though...

somdfunguy

not impressed
Sunday nights I try to watch something and just relax after everyone else goes to bed. I was hoping this would be worth it. Not sure if I will stick with it though.

Just finished the third season of Justified and that was a good show.

BOP

Digging up an old thread after seeing this: http://www.cnet.com/news/twin-peaks-returns-david-lynch-seeks-waitress-for-promo/

TWIN PEAKS PROMO. Directed by David Lynch. Shoots in Los Angeles on Tuesday, January 7, 2014. Prob a 6 hour or less day. Rate is 150/8. You must live in LA to submit. I don't think SAG has jurisdiction on this, so SAG and NON can submit. I have called SAG to double check this and I am awaiting a call back to confirm this though.

HOT Caucasian girl - BRUNETTE OR REDHEADS ONLY to play waitress. Age 18-27. MUST have an amazing body. Busty, very period looking face. Please submit two current color photos (one body shot, one face shot), your sizes, union status and contact info to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com. Subject line should read: TP Promo