Twin Shields Golf Club

Nupe2

Has anyone here played there? I have a (too) early tee time tomorrow. Also, is there anywhere locally to have grips replaced? I used to go to Cooper's but they're out of business now. :coffee:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Nupe2 said:
Has anyone here played there? I have a (too) early tee time tomorrow. Also, is there anywhere locally to have grips replaced? I used to go to Cooper's but they're out of business now. :coffee:

I have played there a dozen or more times, very comparable to Glenn Dale. As for grips, I've always replaced my own, its not that hard.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Nupe2 said:

Really fun course. Played in a few tournaments and had a blast. Keep your eyes on the yard markers in the fairways. Someone has a sense of humor, specially on the long par 5's. They will replace the grips there if you have time. :yay:

Nupe2

gumby said:
Really fun course. Played in a few tournaments and had a blast. Keep your eyes on the yard markers in the fairways. Someone has a sense of humor, specially on the long par 5's. They will replace the grips there if you have time. :yay:

Thanks for the info! :yay: Wonder if they'll run clubs out to me on the course as they finish the regripping? :confused: :lmao:

willie

Mikes Golf in the Wildwood Center will do the grips fast and cheap. Everyone doing golf around LP is named Mike but this one is a couple of doors down from the Duron paint store and around the corner from McKays.

Twin Shields is nice and it iswell-maintained. I don't play it enough to remember what hole this is but there is one that you have to lay up at maybe 150 yds. and then a hard left over a ravine up to the green. It's always a double par for me. Other than that, I like it.

I just noticed the time of this post.....did you enjoy it?

Nupe2

willie said:
Mikes Golf in the Wildwood Center will do the grips fast and cheap. Everyone doing golf around LP is named Mike but this one is a couple of doors down from the Duron paint store and around the corner from McKays.

Twin Shields is nice and it iswell-maintained. I don't play it enough to remember what hole this is but there is one that you have to lay up at maybe 150 yds. and then a hard left over a ravine up to the green. It's always a double par for me. Other than that, I like it.

I just noticed the time of this post.....did you enjoy it?

To answer your question....no...not because of the course. I just sucked yesterday. I would write a long article on why the gods of golf have abandoned me but I'd probably screw that up too. I think I'll go back to building models, fishing, playing chess...you know, activities that don't require any special coordination! :lmao: I almost quit after 9 but grinded on just to get some practice. If nothing else, I've decided to stop procastinating and get some lessons. This game can't be this difficult...is it?
:wench:

Thanks for the info on Mike's golf. I bought my irons from there last year and they have always been great. I'll head down there tomorrow.

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:
To answer your question....no...not because of the course. I just sucked yesterday. I would write a long article on why the gods of golf have abandoned me but I'd probably screw that up too. I think I'll go back to building models, fishing, playing chess...you know, activities that don't require any special coordination! :lmao: I almost quit after 9 but grinded on just to get some practice. If nothing else, I've decided to stop procastinating and get some lessons. This game can't be this difficult...is it?
:wench:

Thanks for the info on Mike's golf. I bought my irons from there last year and they have always been great. I'll head down there tomorrow.
I feel your pain. Play with Otter once when you game is off to fully appreciate pain and frustration. :lol:

Nupe2

Pete said:
:doublemintgum:

I doubt Otter has ever hit a tee shot sideways! :lmao:

I'm thinking about drinking heavily BEFORE I play next time....probably won't play any better but definately won't give a sh!t! :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:
I doubt Otter has ever hit a tee shot sideways! :lmao:

I'm thinking about drinking heavily BEFORE I play next time....probably won't play any better but definately won't give a sh!t! :lmao:
:confused: Not that I recall but PT has.