TWITTER CENSORS WHITE HOUSE COVID EXPERT—Tech Platform Doesn't Agree With Dr. Scott Atlas's View On Masks

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dateline: Dystopia. In the latest chapter of a social media platform using its censorship prerogatives to silence viewpoints the tech moguls don’t like, Twitter has just silenced White House Coronavirus Task Force member, Dr. Scott Atlas.

Twitter removed a tweet by the medical expert because it violated its policy against misleading information about the pandemic. Says who? And compared to what? What happened to that whole “listen to the science” meme we’ve been constantly browbeaten with? Isn’t the expert on the coronavirus task force someone who knows, I don’t know, something about the coronavirus pandemic?

But no.

The Federalist reports that Atlas’s tweet offended the sensibilities of Twitter executives and “not only had his tweets removed, he was banned from tweeting until he deleted the tweets that Twitter for unclear reasons objects to.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
White House Expert Scott Atlas Censored By Twitter

In an email to The Federalist, Atlas outlined the evidence behind his tweet.

In the deleted tweet, I cited the following evidence against general population masks:
  1. Cases exploded even with mandates: Los Angeles County, Miami-Dade County, Hawaii, Alabama, the Philippines, Japan, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Israel.
  2. Dr. Carl Heneghan, University of Oxford, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine and editor in chief of British Medical Journal Evidence-Based Medicine: ‘It would appear that despite two decades of pandemic preparedness, there is considerable uncertainty as to the value of wearing masks.’
(https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/masking-lack-of-evidence-with-politics/)
  1. The WHO: ‘The widespread use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence and there are potential benefits and harms to consider’ (http://bitly.ws/afUm)
  2. The CDC: ‘Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.’ (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article).
I also cited an article giving detailed explanation of the reasons why masks might not prevent spread: https://t.co/1hRFHsxe59

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've been reading and posting about Dr. Scott Atlas and his views and writings on the pandemic since April, I think. I was glad to see the Trump Administration hire him. :yay:

gunsmoke

What happened to that whole “listen to the science” meme we’ve been constantly browbeaten with? Isn’t the expert on the coronavirus task force someone who knows, I don’t know, something about the coronavirus pandemic?

Is Dr. Scott Atlas an epidemiologist??? No.

Does Dr. Scott Atlas have any background, training experience or expertise with infectious disease? No.

Is Dr. Scot Atlas "one of the best and brightest on the subject of COVID? No.

Does he have any business belonging on the COVID task force? No.

Is Dr. Scot Atlas a political animal who used social media to push the conspiracy like theories of Donald Trump so he could worm his way into the White House? Yes.

Keep spinning bot...keep spinning.

Hijinx

Enough with the freaking masks already.
You like one you wear one, but let the rest of us stop wearing the damned thigs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

ah yes attack the messenger ........

So you have nothing to refute Dr Scott's Assertions

Who is the one doing the spinning

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated, Selfish, Propaganda or Yellow Journalism ..... or a Russian From Minsk

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Is Dr. Scott Atlas an epidemiologist??? No.

Does Dr. Scott Atlas have any background, training experience or expertise with infectious disease? No.

Is Dr. Scot Atlas "one of the best and brightest on the subject of COVID? No.

Does he have any business belonging on the COVID task force? No.

Is Dr. Scot Atlas a political animal who used social media to push the conspiracy like theories of Donald Trump so he could worm his way into the White House? Yes.

So you don't know anything about Dr. Altas' background and credentials. Got it. 👍