Twitter Changes Retweet Functionality to give Biden Cover Before Election

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Social media site Twitter is reportedly altering how retweets work on its platform ahead of the November presidential election in an attempt to prevent the spread of what it considers “misinformation” on the platform. The company hopes that adding “friction,” or extra clicks, will slow down the virality of content like the New York Post Biden bombshells the company clumsily censored last week.

The changes will be in place from today until at least the end of election week in the United States.

The New York Post recently reported that Twitter’s executives and employees appear to have a long history of anti-Trump bias according to a review of dozens of accounts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It will be ignored, just like all their other slowdown methods. They had this thing where if you posted something that their bots might consider mean, it would pop up a warning - "This seems mean. Do you really want to post it?" - and clearly the answer was always yes. Unless celebrities, Leftist journos, and Democrat politicians were exempt from the warning.

They all retweeted the BS Giuliani Borat clip, which was obviously fake and edited. In fact, even Mother Jones admitted it was fake, but that didn't stop them from RTing it all over the place.

SamSpade

You know - unlike all of the Hollywood types who keep claiming they'll leave the country - I may have to consider it. I can't - for the sake of my kids any time soon.

But I don't want to live in a nation where differing opinions are squelched by the press, and only one side is allowed by the tech giants.

We will HAVE the authoritarian government that China has - it's just that it will be in the hands of the press, the Dems and the tech giants.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I don't want to live in a nation where differing opinions are squelched by the press, and only one side is allowed by the tech giants.

well as messed up as things are right now, you will go to Jail in places like Canada or the UK for what you may post on line

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know - unlike all of the Hollywood types who keep claiming they'll leave the country - I may have to consider it. I can't - for the sake of my kids any time soon.

We will HAVE the authoritarian government that China has - it's just that it will be in the hands of the press, the Dems and the tech giants.

Where would you go? The US is the last bastion of freedom and if we fall that's it. In Canada and some European countries you will literally go to jail for even accidentally misgendering someone. In those countries there is an official opinion, you don't get to have your own.

Hijinx

If Biden wins we may have to fight.
If they raise taxes I will have to pay I suppose---like everyone.
If they open the borders--Not much I can do about it.
If they try to take away my 1st. and 2nd. Amendment right, It's fighting time.

I can wait another 4 years to get a decent President as long as they don't push too hard

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Absent our current goings on, please do tell, exactly what country would you go that is as free, and cherishes individual rights and liberty? That has those individual protections enshrined into a Supreme Law of the Land document? Sure, we have our problems. Isn't this Nation and its ideals worth fighting for?

Such a lame excuse to leave anyway, "I don't want to live in a nation where differing opinions are squelched by the press, and only one side is allowed by the tech giants". Are you so lazy as not to search out alternative means of getting current news and information? There are a plethora of reliable news and information sites that do not censor and encourage thoughtful debate and the sharing of ideas. Maybe you should search them out, instead of so willing to leave and stab your Nation in the back?

SamSpade

Are you so lazy as not to search out alternative means of getting current news and information? There are a plethora of reliable news and information sites that do not censor and encourage thoughtful debate and the sharing of ideas.

What do you think I do NOW?

It has however, gotten much worse lately. This social media censoring is revolting - and the fact that the major networks and papers won't TOUCH the Hunter Biden story is outrageous. And we've seen even FOX News touched by outside forces.

When I was in China, I met two kinds of people - people who KNEW their government was corrupt and were ALWAYS finding ways to skirt the Internet mechanisms blocking access to the outside world; who very quietly disparaged their nation for its squashing of freedom - and then there were people who were FIERCELY loyal - who KNEW of Mao's horrific crimes and believed them to be necessary in spite of it all.

But visibly - it was a very modern country. In most places.

I can see THIS country swiftly moving in that direction. And once it's gone, I don't think it can be saved.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

What do you think I do NOW?

It has however, gotten much worse lately. This social media censoring is revolting - and the fact that the major networks and papers won't TOUCH the Hunter Biden story is outrageous. And we've seen even FOX News touched by outside forces.

When I was in China, I met two kinds of people - people who KNEW their government was corrupt and were ALWAYS finding ways to skirt the Internet mechanisms blocking access to the outside world; who very quietly disparaged their nation for its squashing of freedom - and then there were people who were FIERCELY loyal - who KNEW of Mao's horrific crimes and believed them to be necessary in spite of it all.

But visibly - it was a very modern country. In most places.

I can see THIS country swiftly moving in that direction. And once it's gone, I don't think it can be saved.
I am not disagreeing with you on the current state of our internal affairs here. But if you already have found alternative methods of getting your information, absent your loathing of corporate malfeasance, censorship, and downright un-Americanism, why even think about leaving? Also, and yet, everyone that wants to read about, or find the information, on Hunter Biden, et al, can do so from many sites not associated with social media or the MSP (Main Stream Propaganda) machine. In addition, this push to silence people's voices, and divide the masses, is orchestrated by about 10 corporations, media and social media, that own and control about 90% of all media, whose upper echelon, CEO's, executive presidents, executive vice-presidents, presidents, vice-presidents, anyone in positions of decision making or leadership authority, etc, etc,etc, is dominated by those in the Bolshevik tribe ~ zionists, and their lackeys. That's where you should focus your disdain.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I am not disagreeing with you on the current state of our internal affairs here. But if you already have found alternative methods of getting your information, absent your loathing of corporate malfeasance, censorship, and downright un-Americanism, why even think about leaving? Also, and yet, everyone that wants to read about, or find the information, on Hunter Biden, et al, can do so from many sites not associated with social media or the MSP (Main Stream Propaganda) machine. In addition, this push to silence people's voices, and divide the masses, is orchestrated by about 10 corporations, media and social media, that own and control about 90% of all media, whose upper echelon, CEO's, executive presidents, executive vice-presidents, presidents, vice-presidents, anyone in positions of decision making or leadership authority, etc, etc,etc, is dominated by those in the Bolshevik tribe ~ zionists, and their lackeys. That's where you should focus your disdain.
When the press goes even harder left, we will get more of the mostly peaceful, riot protests. ANyone that objects will face the wrath of the mob. BLM is already doing that at outdoor eateries. How much more of that will happen when the media portrays the rioters & assaulters as some sort of social justice saviors?

If Trump wins this election, we will again be faced with a situation where for several months we have been told that Biden is way ahead in the polls. So the medias are either knowingly misleading us or perhaps when asked, people just lie because to show support for the president is often met with unpleasant attitudes or worse.