Twitter Removes Trump Campaign's Tribute to George Floyd, Citing Copyright Claim

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Twitter Removes Trump Campaign's Tribute to George Floyd, Citing Copyright Claim

Twitter’s claim
A Twitter spokesperson told PJ Media that a copyright holder filed a claim under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) that affects the Trump campaign’s tweet. Twitter sent PJ Media a link to the complaint in the Lumen database, a third-party research group Twitter uses to check copyright claims. The complaint traces back to the law office of Sam Koolaq, a Harvard Law graduate based in Los Angeles. He has only one tweet, dating back to 2016.

Twitter’s removal of the video comes after the social media platform added an extremely biased “fact-check” to Trump’s tweet warning about vote-by-mail schemes, and after it claimed another of Trump’s tweets violated its policies by “glorifying violence.”

“This incident is yet another reminder that Twitter is making up the rules as they go along,” Trump campaign spokesman Andrew Clark told The Hill. “From the dubious removal of the hilarious Nickelback video to capricious fact checks and manipulated media labels to questionable claims of copyright, Twitter has repeatedly failed to explain why their rules seem to only apply to the Trump campaign but not to others. Censoring out the president’s important message of unity around the George Floyd protests is an unfortunate escalation of this double standard.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Trump could choose a fledgling social media platform and make it famous instead of continuing to use Twitter. Or: Zuck appears to be being somewhat sensible, even if his employees are not, so why not dump Twitter and focus on FB? There are more features on FB anyway.

I'm good with Twitter going away or being left to the criminals and mentally ill.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
So I went to Lumen to check the DCMA request. There's NOTHING.

So it seems pretty clear a game has been played:

The dude files a DCMA take-down request with Lumen w/o supporting documentation in order to get a filing on-file.

Twitter follows up by taking down Trump's tweet use saying, "well, Lumen has this on file and we use this database. Not our job to check to see if the Lumen filing is valid. Our job is to see if there is a filing. There is and that is good enough for us."

Total BS.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

rmorse

So I went to Lumen to check the DCMA request. There's NOTHING.

So it seems pretty clear a game has been played.

The dude files a DCMA take-down request with Lumen w/o supporting documentation in order to get a filing on-file.

Twitter follows up by taking doen Trump's tweet use saying, "well, Lumen has this on file and we use this database. Not our job to check to see if the Lumen filing is valid. Our job is to see if there is a filing. There is and that is good enough for us."

Total BS.

--- End of line (MCP)

You might work for DoD when you read DMCA as DCMA (I did the same thing :lmao::lmao::lmao:)