Twitter Spats

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

My first thought after I read this was “honey, get over yourself.” I mean I spent three days in a hospital earlier this month with my mom after she had surgery, and being called “girl” doesn’t even rank in the top 1,000 of the issues I saw the nurses and doctors there deal with, sometimes from patients, sometimes with each other. Not to mention what doctors and nurses have had to go through since the start of the Wuhan virus pandemic.

But just when I was thinking Twitter was a hopeless bowl of dumb with zero chance of redemption, common sense prevailed as an epic schooling commenced among those in the comments.

“You can agonize over it, or you can approach it with humor: ‘You boys aren’t bad either.’ Eating your heart out over every slight from every clueless person in the world will only steal your joy and keep you from being all you can be,” advised one Twitter user.

Another noted that “You have an incredible life, and you spend a nano-second worried because someone used the term “girl” and (admittedly) did it as a way to show genuine enjoyment at working with you? I guess you can spend your time however you wish, but I think you should rethink things.”

herb749

My first thought after I read this was “honey, get over yourself.” I mean I spent three days in a hospital earlier this month with my mom after she had surgery, and being called “girl” doesn’t even rank in the top 1,000 of the issues I saw the nurses and doctors there deal with, sometimes from patients, sometimes with each other. Not to mention what doctors and nurses have had to go through since the start of the Wuhan virus pandemic.

But just when I was thinking Twitter was a hopeless bowl of dumb with zero chance of redemption, common sense prevailed as an epic schooling commenced among those in the comments.

“You can agonize over it, or you can approach it with humor: ‘You boys aren’t bad either.’ Eating your heart out over every slight from every clueless person in the world will only steal your joy and keep you from being all you can be,” advised one Twitter user.

Another noted that “You have an incredible life, and you spend a nano-second worried because someone used the term “girl” and (admittedly) did it as a way to show genuine enjoyment at working with you? I guess you can spend your time however you wish, but I think you should rethink things.”

She's likely someone who calls Jill Biden, Dr . :sshrug: