Two kids bugging me to go catfishing

pemlee

I have tow kids bugging me to go catfishing over their spring break from school next week. I have Friday off and the weatherman is calling for sunny skies and warm temperatures. Problem is I have no idea on where to take them. I have a 16 ft boat we can use or we can bank fish if that is best this time of year. Any suggestions as to where to start would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have tow kids bugging me to go catfishing over their spring break from school next week. I have Friday off and the weatherman is calling for sunny skies and warm temperatures. Problem is I have no idea on where to take them. I have a 16 ft boat we can use or we can bank fish if that is best this time of year. Any suggestions as to where to start would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Patuxent River.
Rt 231

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Fort Washington marina. Big blue cats down that way. Use cut bait like white perch or bluegill.

Good luck

D

dems4me

Nanjemoy creek, Gilbert Run, St. Mary's Lake, Macintosh run

:yeahthat: Big ones in Nanjemoy Creek... you can catch them on a bottom rig with nitro (bright green) worms or occassionally on a spinner bait :jet:

If the rules are still the same - if you go to Gilbert Run with your boat, they only allow electric trolling motors or paddles.

Good luck!! :oldman:

Anabaptist

Baja, is Macantosh run that stream that flows through Leanardtown? There is fish in that little bit of water or do you need a canoe to get to the fishing holes?