Two Men with Jet Packs Flying with an Airbus A380

b23hqb

PREMO Member
STILL don't really believe it - I don't know how anyone could go that high and fast for that long with so little fuel - and not burn their backside doing it. I really can't see our technology there yet.

Just finished watching that and was about to post it myself. Way cool, and unless some very clever video editing, looks legit to me. This link seems to confirm it:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/205584-flying-over-dubai-and-other-places-with-jetpacks

"The tiny turbines that make this flight possible have seen drastic performance improvements in recent times. When prices come down, it is likely that the next jetpack story may come from a dedicated DIY daredevil that got tired of his or her wingsuit. New technology to 3D metal print nearly every component used in these turbines has been developed both at Australia’s Monash University and at General Electric (although it is unlikely that high speed bearings can be manufactured this way, at least without extensive post-machining).

They seem to get faster, higher, and further with each tweak of the machine.

Concern4Calvert

I would never fly that close to a scarebus on a jetpack. So many things to worry about..wake turbulence, exhaust heat...etc the list goes on.

No thank you

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I would never fly that close to a scarebus on a jetpack. So many things to worry about..wake turbulence, exhaust heat...etc the list goes on.

No thank you

Well, these guys don't seem to worry about much of anything. More power to them. What would they call a jet packer being sucked into an engine intake?:doh:

C

Chuckt

From a security and safety standpoint, this should be illegal.

Hessian

Great,...now ISIS will apply for US aid to build suicide jet packs,...yeah, that'll do the trick.
Derka Derka, Hadji Hadji ---Boom.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Great,...now ISIS will apply for US aid to build suicide jet packs,...yeah, that'll do the trick.
Derka Derka, Hadji Hadji ---Boom.

But they will not be allowed to wear a parachute, so more weight available for explosives.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From a security and safety standpoint, this should be illegal.

It usually would be illegal. This was all part of a series of jetsuit flying exhibitions that the UAE government approved and sponsored. There are only two guys that have them.

The sums of money spent on those flights was quite large; just imagine the cost of all the camera planes, with professional vidographers on board, that were required to capture the film for just that one of the many videos that came out of the UAE exhibitions.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You do know that aircraft is empty, and that Emirates paid handsomely to stage this event for advertising, right?

Ole Chuckee isn't within a football field of being smart enough to understand that. The moron can google scripture ...and that is all.

C

Chuckt

Ole Chuckee isn't within a football field of being smart enough to understand that. The moron can google scripture ...and that is all.

And you are worried about the least important user on this board?

C

Chuckt

You do know that aircraft is empty, and that Emirates paid handsomely to stage this event for advertising, right?

Their advertising worked. It made me want to buy their jumbo aircraft.