Two new COVID-19 cases in St Marys

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How is it that people who are sick can't get tested, yet these two managed to do it?

Seriously, I don't understand how that works. We're being told there are limited tests, yet somehow all these people are "testing positive".

So are these two kids sick? Or did they just "test positive"? Are they going to die?

Or is this just more fearmongering?

MiddleGround

How is it that people who are sick can't get tested, yet these two managed to do it?

Seriously, I don't understand how that works. We're being told there are limited tests, yet somehow all these people are "testing positive".

So are these two kids sick? Or did they just "test positive"? Are they going to die?

Or is this just more fearmongering?

Pretty simple if you take 2 seconds to think about it.

You feel sick.. you go to your doctor/Urgent care. They process you with a permission/prescription to get tested.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You feel sick.. you go to your doctor/Urgent care. They process you with a permission/prescription to get tested.

What about all those people who are "asymptomatic" who are testing positive? They weren't sick, yet somehow got tested.

Which is why I asked if these two were sick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And PS, Misfit just posted the other day that he's had a fever and flu symptoms, and the doc didn't even have him come in for tests or anything else, just prescribed him some meds.

And since I know him personally, I am more inclined to believe him over some government drone or stranger on the internet.

MiddleGround

What about all those people who are "asymptomatic" who are testing positive? They weren't sick, yet somehow got tested.

Which is why I asked if these two were sick.

Are you being serious??? Read what you posted above and think about that again...

MiddleGround

And PS, Misfit just posted the other day that he's had a fever and flu symptoms, and the doc didn't even have him come in for tests or anything else, just prescribed him some meds.

And since I know him personally, I am more inclined to believe him over some government drone or stranger on the internet.

Well... if I had to guess...

Doctors seem to know a bit more about the symptoms of this virus that Misfit or YOU so I'm guessing that Misfit did not show any or enough symptoms to classify it as a possible C19 case.

Tech

In the first case that was reveal the other day was exposed to a known case. Since she was exposed like I'm sure others were, just wait a couple of days to give it a chance to grow then test her and everyone that was exposed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In the first case that was reveal the other day was exposed to a known case. Since she was exposed like I'm sure others were, just wait a couple of days to give it a chance to grow then test her and everyone that was exposed.

I'm pretty sure that at this point we've all been exposed to someone who has the virus.

Tech

I'm pretty sure that at this point we've all been exposed to someone who has the virus.
And how many of us has had it and didn't know? Listing to the people that had mild cases and their symptoms I had everyone in a week's time a couple of months ago.

Tech

So, is it three or two cases? The news release says two additional cases which to me means two plus the one from the other day for a total of three. The state official count only says two.