Two One-Legged Inmates Skip Jail

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - Two one-legged inmates were among 26 prisoners who scaled walls to break out of an overcrowded jail in the Brazilian city of Niteroi, authorities said Tuesday.

A spokeswoman with the Rio de Janeiro state Security Secretariat said police only managed to recapture 10 of the 26 inmates, including one of the disabled prisoners, in the center of the city, which lies just across the bay from Rio de Janeiro.

In Monday's jailbreak, the inmates sawed metal bars on the windows of two cells in the police detention center, used a rope to get to the ground and then jumped a backyard wall. They exchanged pistol fire with one police officer and then fled.

Police said they were investigating whether the runaways had any help from the guards.

It was the eighth escape from the jail this year. The detention center, built for 150 prisoners, houses about 260 and is due to be shut down in January.

:lmao: Sure hope this doesn't happen around here.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by jazz lady
one-legged inmate among 26 prisoners who scaled walls to break out of an overcrowded jail

:lmao: Sure hope this doesn't happen around here.

Do I even have to say who is the first person to come to mind when reading this????

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Two One-Legged Inmates Skip Jail

Originally posted by tys_mommy
Do I even have to say who is the first person to come to mind when reading this????

:high5: Thank you. SOMEBODY got it. :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I heard one of the one-legged inmates was last seen heading into Lexington Park. :bubble:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Call me sick, but for some reason I can't get the image of these guys going down the road arm in arm in a burlap sack outta my mind. :lmao:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by cattitude
Call me sick, but for some reason I can't get the image of these guys going down the road arm in arm in a burlap sack outta my mind. :lmao:

:yeahthat: :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cattitude
:lmao: