Two recent examples as to why you should support the 2nd Amendment

mrweb

Iron City
Vince said:
Another good reason the whole US should pass a law allowing you to carry concealed. :yay:

My girls wanted to go shopping at the Waldork Mall. I said the only way I would let them, even during the day, is if I went with them (although I absolutely hate to shop) and if I was packin'. They went to Annapolis, although not much better these days. I wish Maryland would pass conceal carry legislation.

Vince

mrweb said:
My girls wanted to go shopping at the Waldork Mall. I said the only way I would let them, even during the day, is if I went with them (although I absolutely hate to shop) and if I was packin'. They went to Annapolis, although not much better these days. I wish Maryland would pass conceal carry legislation.
In the state of Maryland, you'll never see that. Too many gun haters that think the guns are doing the killiing and the criminals are innocent.

LordStanley

I know nothing
AK-74me said:

It wouldnt have helped the Students in Knoxville.... They werent old enough to purchase a hand gun in the first place, and you cant carry on school grounds.

I used to have a Va carry permit before I moved to Maryland. Not being able to obtain a permit and carry here was the hardest thing for me to get used to.

St Marys is still a pretty safe place to live. Thankfully we dont need to carry when just getting into the car to head to shoppers or Autozone. I cant imagine the day when we will.... and we will....

Last edited:

Kerad

mrweb said:

Even if Maryland let you carry concealed weapons, you'd still be "locked" out of many establishments. If the restaurant/bar/store owner doesn't choose to allow concelaed weapons, you'll have to leave your gun behind.

S

StrwberryKisses

Kerad said:
Even if Maryland let you carry concealed weapons, you'd still be "locked" out of many establishments. If the restaurant/bar/store owner doesn't choose to allow concelaed weapons, you'll have to leave your gun behind.

If they know you have it. That is the point of concealed.

LordStanley

I know nothing
StrwberryKisses said:
If they know you have it. That is the point of concealed.

Dosent work that way. Most states adopt the Cant carry in any federal building, on school property, and in resturantes where alcohol is sold and consumed. Bars..... In fact you cant legally have a gun on you if you have been drinking. Permit or not.

Private establishments can post any rule they want about carrying firearms. Just because you have a permit doesnt mean you are free from thier rules.
They do have the option to press charges if you get caught. First thing you will loose is that permit, next will be the right to own a firearm. Is it really worth loosing your rights .

All it takes is for you to bend over wrong and see the imprint of the gun through your shirt, and they can call the cops.

There were a few malls in Va, which posted a no gun rule on thier doors. I didnt like it, so I took by money somewhere esle. So did a lot of other gun owners. We used to post gun friendly establishment at our shooting range all the time

mrweb

Iron City
Kerad said:

Perhaps, however just try to jump me in the parking lot...asphalt doesn't taste very well I hear.

mrweb

Iron City
LordStanley said:
It wouldnt have helped the Students in Knoxville.... They werent old enough to purchase a hand gun in the first place, and you cant carry on school grounds.

I used to have a Va carry permit before I moved to Maryland. Not being able to obtain a permit and carry here was the hardest thing for me to get used to.

St Marys is still a pretty safe place to live. Thankfully we dont need to carry when just getting into the car to head to shoppers or Autozone. I cant imagine the day when we will.... and we will....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=text_black align=left>Family and friends paid their final respects to 21-year old Channon Christian Saturday night. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=advertisement align=middle><SCRIPT language=JavaScript>OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');</SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Christian's boyfriend, 23-year old Christopher Newsom, was buried Saturday morning.

I think it may have helped indeed.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Well, before I'm prejudged here, let me just say I'm a gun owner (they issued me one when I moved down here).

Your second amendment rights are already being infringed upon. If the government actually followed the amendment to the letter, anyone would be able to purchase any type of gun out of vending machines.

That would be absurd to allow something like that. What we want to do is keep guns out of the hands of criminals, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to require gun owners to know how to shoot, and ensure they know the proper care and safety of their firearms.

I'd also like to point out that if someone really wants to kill you, all they have to do is walk up behind you and put one underneath your ear.

AK-74me said:

dustin

UAIOE
I finally convinced myself my reaction times are so slow it would be of no use for me to get a concealed carry permit. I'm not against CCW but I feel, now, after analyzing the scenarios in which I would possibly carry it, is far and few between.

Now I do have a couple guns in the house. But as far as home defense goes I don't plan to use those either. again because my reaction times are too slow and because I sleep like I was put under.

So for some people, carry... others, maybe not.

But I don't feel the need for lawmakers to get in the way of my choice for personal protection unless they are volunteering to give my family a bodyguard.