Typical MD government foresight

OccamsRazor

Received a toll charge in the mail for crossing a bridge in MD. Says I have to pay the toll by November 15th. Today marks the 2nd week of attempting to do so. Online pay feature is broken (tried at least 10 times and always comes back with error), Calling the toll free is always at least a 60-70 minute wait (one of the times I waited I hung up after 2 hours) The online chat always has a wait line of at least 80-100 people. Tried for a call back 3 times and never got one.
So they pulled all of the humans from the toll booths and this is what we get?

OccamsRazor

No pay by mail option?
Yes there is. That is the option I will most likely be taking however, I was highlighting the idiocity. They offer these other services and its an empty promise.
"We are going to streamline the system by eliminating toll takers and do it over the phone, online, or by mail only! Just forget about the first two though..."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obviously they run their tollbooth collections like they run their unemployment claims.

Can you send them a check? Do people even have personal checks anymore?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yes there is. That is the option I will most likely be taking however, I was highlighting the idiocity. They offer these other services and its an empty promise.
"We are going to streamline the system by eliminating toll takers and do it over the phone, online, or by mail only! Just forget about the first two though..."
Ever since the covid closures in 2020 a lot of government sites and systems have been ####ed up.

Get used to doing things old school for a while.

GregV814

I received an email from USPS offering me a temp position. Now, I filed an application about a year ago, but with all thats happened, I guess hiring was shelved.

Anyway, I have one standard about bosses/supervisors. If I cant pronounce their name, I ain't going.
Peace out dudes.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Another note...
I love that the place to mail-in toll payments for MD is in Philadelphia, PA. Hahahahaha
No doubt some delagate or senators cousin running a payment processing business that gets 85% of the take.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I recently received 2 bills for tolls. One for my car and one for the SUV. I paid both online with my debit card. No problems paying either. It isn't automatic, because they both went to pending payments on my checking account. :sshrug:

Tech

Another note...
I love that the place to mail-in toll payments for MD is in Philadelphia, PA. Hahahahaha
Years ago before the internet, those ads for purchases by mail listed an address in my home town. It was an office above the corner cafe. No records nor video tapes on premises.

Hijinx

Well , it's bad no doubt. Phone pay Credit card pay internet pay not working so you want to try the mail.

Rot's O' Ruck with that. The mail MIGHT get there some day.
The mail sucks the big one.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I recently received 2 bills for tolls. One for my car and one for the SUV. I paid both online with my debit card. No problems paying either. It isn't automatic, because they both went to pending payments on my checking account. :sshrug:
And just yesterday, I received a third bill for $27.00 that needs to be paid by the EoM. Will report back when I decide to attempt payment.

Last edited:

CPUSA

Received a toll charge in the mail for crossing a bridge in MD. Says I have to pay the toll by November 15th. Today marks the 2nd week of attempting to do so. Online pay feature is broken (tried at least 10 times and always comes back with error), Calling the toll free is always at least a 60-70 minute wait (one of the times I waited I hung up after 2 hours) The online chat always has a wait line of at least 80-100 people. Tried for a call back 3 times and never got one.
So they pulled all of the humans from the toll booths and this is what we get?
Some idiots think the MD Gov't is running just fine, thanks to the Fat Bastard, staying on top of things like this...

Hogan easily got my vote and I’ve never regretted it, he’s kept the legislature in line and helped steer our state through the COVID crisis. I’ll be helping him big time in the primaries if he chooses to run, he’s the type of republican we need more of.

Has common sense, gets chit done, and keeps the budget in line. Love my Gov!